PDA

View Full Version : Battlezone Paintball in Plant City Calling it Quits ?

going_home
05-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Looks like Battlezone is calling it quits.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/spo/700909468.html

I'm surprised they have stayed open as long as they have considering the location
and lack of traffic.

:(

spadge67
05-31-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm waiting for the obligatory question..

"Are you willing to part out?"

punkncat
06-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I didn't even know about that one. The only field I knew about around Tampa was Orbital.

maniacmechanic
06-01-2008, 04:37 PM
did you ever make that 2nd trip there ?? (orbital)

punkncat
06-01-2008, 09:09 PM
did you ever make that 2nd trip there ?? (orbital)

No, when I was down last time I did not have the time to squeeze it in.

going_home
06-02-2008, 12:27 PM
No, when I was down last time I did not have the time to squeeze it in.

This one is south of Tampa just a hair but still in the same county :

http://www.kohnsports.com/pbfieldnews.html

;)

punkncat
06-02-2008, 12:43 PM
According to that website it seems as if they are still open. There is no announcement otherwise, but I also note that it looks a lot like it hasn't had anything done to it since last year.
Are they still operating while trying to sell the gear off, or shut down completly?

My buddy that you met was telling me that real estate costs and land lease fees are getting really high. It is causing a lot of the fields to close or look for chaper places to relocate.

going_home
06-02-2008, 05:14 PM
According to that website it seems as if they are still open. There is no announcement otherwise, but I also note that it looks a lot like it hasn't had anything done to it since last year.
Are they still operating while trying to sell the gear off, or shut down completly?

My buddy that you met was telling me that real estate costs and land lease fees are getting really high. It is causing a lot of the fields to close or look for chaper places to relocate.

Honestly its on a back road in the middle of nowhere and there arent any signs anywhere pointing the way to it from I-4. I think thats what did it. They only had 3 fields, an nice sized but old and dilapidated spool field, a real small (about 35 feet wide) hyperball field, and a standard sized airball field.

Their Achilles heel was not having a woodsball field. In this area no woods is a no no.
Just like woods only is a no no, having only speedball fields is a no no.
If you cant cater to both styles of play you wont stay open too long.

I personally prefer hunting in the woods but I do like to mix it up and play speedball every few games. Makes for a more fun and interesting day playing both styles.

:rolleyes: