PDA

View Full Version : Warp + Pinokio = very interesting....

Warwitch
06-01-2008, 06:41 AM
Somebody posted this up on SpecOps. Yeah, I know, SP1 booo. But how ideal is the Pinokio suited to a Warp! Normally I couldnt stand ANY of the parts used in this setup. But the combination of parts looks REALLY comfortable. A heavy gunner could do some real damage with this thing:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb268/kylester925/DSC_0234.jpg

sixtoes1313
06-01-2008, 08:04 AM
thats thing needs a heavy gunner to carry it around. I'd rather carry pods on my back than molded to my hopper. seems like the 400rd hopper is a little ridiculous. I'm sure someone uses it though.

Rudz
06-01-2008, 08:28 AM
so how much are those pinichio loaders?

blitzkriegboom!
06-01-2008, 10:48 AM
any enlightened person care to inform me on the umm...well what a pinnochio hopper is?
i feel :tard: , again...

Chronobreak
06-01-2008, 11:03 AM
the pin och i o is basicly a fasta type loader with additional paint capacity, upto around 300 as shown in the pic, or can be used like a regular hopper without the large front.

bring back the VL3k's!

punkncat
06-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Actually those things are devistating off the break in an event. There is a rule that you cannot hand carry a pod right off the break, but through a loop hole nothing that specifies you cannot use a really large hopper or device such as that.

JesseB
06-02-2008, 06:24 AM
I know this one jerk that used to use a vl3k with a JT speed collar system and he would jam a pod in there off the break so he had like 450 shots off the break... it's a totally unnecessary advantage...

That gun just looks plain heavy and cumbersome I wouldn't to be stuck in a 2v1 situation trying to shoot out both sides of a bunker with it.

Warwitch
06-02-2008, 07:16 AM
I know this one jerk that used to use a vl3k with a JT speed collar system and he would jam a pod in there off the break so he had like 450 shots off the break... it's a totally unnecessary advantage...

That gun just looks plain heavy and cumbersome I wouldn't to be stuck in a 2v1 situation trying to shoot out both sides of a bunker with it.

If you were in a 2v1 youd be glad you had the firepower though. ;) And its Warped so you could still play left without switching hands if needed.

Like I said, it aint for everybody. But it definitely has a place on the field. I mean, he obviously isnt playing speedball with it.

Chronobreak
06-02-2008, 08:10 AM
i am curious how hes mounting the tank though or if hes running it remote.

i know ive been looking into a larger capcity hopper for my warp, but the choice arent pretty.

like this one pictured or the vl tripod maxx, they just look awkward

warbeak2099
06-02-2008, 08:52 AM
I would love to shoot someone in that massive, unnecessarily cumbersome rig so they can spend 3 hours trying to get all the paint out of the nooks and crannies.

I'm telling ya, the people that I've seen that are good woodsball players almost never have setups like that. The people who show up with that crap usually get shot out right away while they try to pull some rambo move. KISS is a universal rule, not just for speedball!

JesseB
06-02-2008, 10:44 AM
If you were in a 2v1 youd be glad you had the firepower though. ;) And its Warped so you could still play left without switching hands if needed.

Like I said, it aint for everybody. But it definitely has a place on the field. I mean, he obviously isnt playing speedball with it.

The warp gets in my way when I switch hands and doesnt allow me to play as tight as normal I used one for a year when they first came out and I can honestly say it's not for me I prefer the advantage of being able to shoot offhanded to the small advantage of removing the hopper. I used to get shot in the warp all the time it was weird...

If you tryed to shoot out the left hand side of a bunker with that it would get nailed unlss you use the goofy angle technique...

I don't see where it's useful. I guess if you were in a vehicle or if you were into camping.

just looks like a case of wrist fatigue waiting to happen to me.

Interesting hopper though I'v enever seen one before.

rkjunior303
06-02-2008, 10:55 AM
while i think the pinochio is ridiculous, you don't have to leave the pod on the front. after it's empty, you pull it off and snap a cover on the front.

secretweaponevan
06-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Really cool-looking setup.

Warwitch
06-02-2008, 12:02 PM
If you tryed to shoot out the left hand side of a bunker with that it would get nailed unlss you use the goofy angle technique...

If you cant use the "goofy angle technique" you might as well not bother with a Warp at all. THATS the advantage. Other than the size of the hopper its a typical Warp setup. :rolleyes:

JesseB
06-02-2008, 01:58 PM
If you cant use the "goofy angle technique" you might as well not bother with a Warp at all. THATS the advantage. Other than the size of the hopper its a typical Warp setup. :rolleyes:

It's not an advantage imo it's just annoying to have to flip the gun 90 degrees to keep from sticking a giant box out the left side of a bunker to get shot.

drg
06-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Question ... do you really need a warp with a force-feed loader? Just how far can force feed loaders propel a ball along a tube? After all, a Halo wheel is pretty much a sideways warp.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a milsim gun that uses a under-gun box loader that has halo guts, in which the halo wheel pushes balls up to the gun's breech.

Chronobreak
06-02-2008, 03:30 PM
a force feed, no not reall but an agitated loader is pretty necesary

if you know what your doing its not hard to make some unique hopper setups.

B-Pow
06-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Question ... do you really need a warp with a force-feed loader? Just how far can force feed loaders propel a ball along a tube? After all, a Halo wheel is pretty much a sideways warp.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a milsim gun that uses a under-gun box loader that has halo guts, in which the halo wheel pushes balls up to the gun's breech.

No, you don't need a force feed loader for a warp, but with the costs of the halo and other compeition going down for the new generation of loaders (Magna, troque, jrny), why not?

mostpeople
06-02-2008, 04:54 PM
rediculous

drg
06-02-2008, 05:21 PM
You guys misread what I wrote. I'm not asking if you need a force-feed loader for a warp setup, I'm asking if you need a warp with a force-feed loader.

questionful
06-02-2008, 05:35 PM
You guys misread what I wrote. I'm not asking if you need a force-feed loader for a warp setup, I'm asking if you need a warp with a force-feed loader.
Yes you do. If you ran a hose from the bottom of a halo up to the breach, you would have to modify the halo's software. Halos only feed when their eyes don't see paint in their feednecks, and this would never happen with up-hill feed. So unless you use one of those continuous force loaders, or something you can intelli, or figure something else out, no, you can't do that.

snoopay700
06-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Yes you do. If you ran a hose from the bottom of a halo up to the breach, you would have to modify the halo's software. Halos only feed when their eyes don't see paint in their feednecks, and this would never happen with up-hill feed. So unless you use one of those continuous force loaders, or something you can intelli, or figure something else out, no, you can't do that.
What about an empire?

drg
06-02-2008, 06:15 PM

As long as the balls kept moving, wouldn't it keep running? I believe the halo looks for ball motion. I am fairly sure a Halo can push paint higher than its level. I'll have to get some hosing and test it.

However I suppose if that didnt work, a reloader or as you noted, a constant-feed system might work fine.

Point being, is the warp duplication? I think it is.

http://forum.ariakon.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7479

snoopay700
06-02-2008, 06:46 PM
As long as the balls kept moving, wouldn't it keep running? I believe the halo looks for ball motion. I am fairly sure a Halo can push paint higher than its level. I'll have to get some hosing and test it.

However I suppose if that didnt work, a reloader or as you noted, a constant-feed system might work fine.

Point being, is the warp duplication? I think it is.

http://forum.ariakon.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7479
Well the thing is the paint wouldn't move because it would have to have a hose that went down, then bent up, then into the gun, and the gun firing wouldn't cause the balls in the bottom of the stack to move. That's why the warp listens to the gun instead. I'm just wondering if a reloader would have enough oomph to make it.

questionful
06-02-2008, 07:10 PM
I took my friend's halo, hooked it up to a 45* VL elbow, a 90* copper elbow, and a 1' copper pipe and ran marbles through it. So the pipe was at about 45" which would put the elevation at (12/square root 2. . .) about 8.5"above the bottom of the halo's feedneck. Now, the double elbows and pipe probably made for a pretty bad feed system, but the halo could barely feed the balls to the top.

drg
06-02-2008, 08:23 PM
I took my friend's halo, hooked it up to a 45* VL elbow, a 90* copper elbow, and a 1' copper pipe and ran marbles through it. So the pipe was at about 45" which would put the elevation at (12/square root 2. . .) about 8.5"above the bottom of the halo's feedneck. Now, the double elbows and pipe probably made for a pretty bad feed system, but the halo could barely feed the balls to the top.

I am finding that smooth feeding is essential to this exercise, the halo provides plenty of force but once the balls stop moving it's going to stop feeding. How do the weight of the marbles compared with the weight of paintballs? That's another critical factor.

Was it a normal halo or a souped up one?

drg
06-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Well the thing is the paint wouldn't move because it would have to have a hose that went down, then bent up, then into the gun, and the gun firing wouldn't cause the balls in the bottom of the stack to move. That's why the warp listens to the gun instead. I'm just wondering if a reloader would have enough oomph to make it.

That would be a zero-force situation, however Halos do provide positive force so the balls would indeed move, at least up to a certain height.

Beemer
06-02-2008, 08:39 PM

Can you say TK Warp Lesson.

It's not an advantage imo it's just annoying to have to flip the gun 90 degrees to keep from sticking a giant box out the left side of a bunker to get shot.......I prefer the advantage of being able to shoot offhanded to the small advantage of removing the hopper.

Removing the hopper is a big advantage for me.

Paintball players have to be actors to get it. See vid.

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/TomKayeWarpLesson.wmv 5 Megs, two min long

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/BlimpWarp.gif Blimp, Warp, Blimp, Warp

rkjunior303
06-02-2008, 10:11 PM

anyone unwilling to learn to shoot/snap with both hands is just lazy, anyways LOL.

drg
06-02-2008, 11:24 PM

Who puts their hopper out there like that?

questionful
06-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Post a pic of how you do it. :)

drg
06-03-2008, 04:45 AM

Well, I do try to keep the loader in, or vertical at least, rather than 45 degrees out the side of the bunker... pretty standard practice for playing bunkers ...

But actually, more than profile, I find that speed is more important. i.e. you need to get snapped out and the shot away ON TARGET, and back into your bunker as fast as possible. Switching sides quickly also is very important ... a heavy, bulky gun impedes all these things.

Warwitch
06-03-2008, 06:15 AM
Well, I do try to keep the loader in, or vertical at least, rather than 45 degrees out the side of the bunker... pretty standard practice for playing bunkers ...

But actually, more than profile, I find that speed is more important. i.e. you need to get snapped out and the shot away ON TARGET, and back into your bunker as fast as possible. Switching sides quickly also is very important ... a heavy, bulky gun impedes all these things.

True. But switching hands is still way slower than flipping your marker, regardless of size. I have used this technique with great success with my Q'd pneumag. Certainly not as bulky as whats shown but the OP machine isnt for playing front either.

rkjunior303
06-03-2008, 06:23 AM

people who don't know how to come out of a bunker.

rkjunior303
06-03-2008, 06:28 AM

it's all about staying true to your bunker.. not that hard, really... lol

http://b9.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01484/99/44/1484184499_l.jpg
http://a848.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/61/l_2d204f7747d6704e302678080da544bf.jpg
http://a41.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/112/l_9f19d99d75529235c03af246ee866650.jpg

drg
06-03-2008, 07:08 AM
True. But switching hands is still way slower than flipping your marker, regardless of size. I have used this technique with great success with my Q'd pneumag. Certainly not as bulky as whats shown but the OP machine isnt for playing front either.

I actually agree with this to a certain extent, if you need a quick, accurate switch shot, flipping might be a good option. Again speed and accuracy trumping the "bad" form.

JesseB
06-03-2008, 07:29 AM

except there is no warp on that gun it's just a photoshop that removes the hopper. if he was using this pinokio contraption or a warp he would have a HUGE target hanging out the left side of that bunker... and actually since thats a pf left gun the warp would be on the right and there would be no elbow on there if there was a warp. Photoshop better.

I agree speed and stability of switching hands out weighs the slight advantage of a warp for me.