PDA

View Full Version : Can you anno the rear of a Fibur barrel?

chafnerjr
06-01-2008, 09:33 AM
I guess the title says it all but here it is again anyways... Can you safely anno the rear of a DW Fibur barrel to match your marker once the barrel is assembled... in dealing with DW in the past I feel that I might be able to convince them to send a back to anno before it is assembled, but I already have one and don't need a second at the moment.

I am wondering what damage might be caused in stripping or anno... If it could survive stripping then would the chemical solution affect the carbon fiber? I know that carbon fiber can also be conductive so would that cause issues as well?... the more I write this post the more I feel my answer is going to be... nope sorry, just won't work :( .

Thanks for taking time to read such an off the wall post :D

mpsd
06-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I asked this question to a LOT of anodizing companies and people who offer anoding services. All of them told me to buy the barrel, ask DW to send just it's aluminum part, get it anoed, send it back to them for final assembly. I've sent 5 e-mails to DW with no answer at all so I just gave it up. Will use it black...

Ruler_Mark
06-01-2008, 10:22 AM
the back is expoixed on, if you feel safe with it you can undo that then re epoxy it. Highly doubtfull though.

SithSteve
06-01-2008, 10:25 AM
The prep process would ruin the CF portion of the barrel. You'd have to work something out with DW and have the back done before the barrel is assembled.

chafnerjr
06-01-2008, 10:31 AM
I asked this question to a LOT of anodizing companies and people who offer anoding services. All of them told me to buy the barrel, ask DW to send just it's aluminum part, get it anoed, send it back to them for final assembly. I've sent 5 e-mails to DW with no answer at all so I just gave it up. Will use it black...

Wow that sucks! I've been e-mailing Colin back and forth for a few weeks just checking on my order and arranging to return the second barrel they shipped me by accident. Have you tried colin@deadlywind.com

the back is expoixed on, if you feel safe with it you can undo that then re epoxy it. Highly doubtfull though.
Yea... I agree with you... not worth the risk... maybe I'll just get a different barrel to have polished for picture taking and woodsball purposes. Then swap out to the DW for field time...

On a side note, I've not played on my DW yet but it makes the mag soooo much easier to snap to different targets :D

mpsd
06-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I've sent him several e-mails... Never got a single answer. Anyways, I bought a 16" barrel last week. I've being using a 12" for about two years now and yes, it's the BEST barrel ever. I LOVE it.

chafnerjr
06-01-2008, 11:22 AM
That sux!!! I wonder why? Maybe they really don't have that sort of internal communication, and just don't want to say so :confused:

Ruler_Mark
06-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I've sent him several e-mails... Never got a single answer. Anyways, I bought a 16" barrel last week. I've being using a 12" for about two years now and yes, it's the BEST barrel ever. I LOVE it.

I love fiburs. personally owning 4 of them once, 2 14's,12,10. With my sp hate brewing I have since switched to a javalin. Fibur = best kit I've shot.