PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch the so called Fight Night on CBS?

wooky
06-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Watching this was just a huge disappointment with its hyped up fighter Kimbo Slice that is a complete joke! Along with persuaded Refs. that cant seem to see when someone taps out or not 2nd round forearm choke he tapped and lousy camera angles. CBS should probably stick to sit-coms, Kimbo should sign up for the wrestling federation so that when your talking yourself up with all that BS the wresting federation was built on that and he would fit right in!! Street Brawler was his title what joke and an embarassment to the fans of the MMA!!

Wook

punkncat
06-01-2008, 12:07 PM
I didn't see it, but I know that Kimbo Slice is one bad mamma jamma.
Did Kimbo loose to the choke?

I know that IF I were in a position to have to fight that monster I would do everything in my power to avoid facing him toe to toe.

teufelhunden
06-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Kimbo won cuz his opponent had like, a huge sac of blood on his ear that popped.

I thought the refs sucked, Kimbo was overhyped, and the production was poor.

wooky
06-01-2008, 12:15 PM
I didn't see it, but I know that Kimbo Slice is one bad mamma jamma.
Did Kimbo loose to the choke?

I know that IF I were in a position to have to fight that monster I would do everything in my power to avoid facing him toe to toe.

No he did not lose to the choke thats the point he tapped and the ref was just looking at him in dismay? The ref stopped the fight after Kimbo hit Thompson in the third round while Thompson was still standing??

I have been watching UFC since the start!! Kimbo is nothing, if they paid me six figures (thats what he got paid) I would go toe to toe with him and that is no joke!! This was a CBS publicity stunt to get more ratings and in my opinion was a huge flop!! There was a comment made by another fighter "The Grim" that not only did Kimbo tap out his style was complete garbage!!

Wook

kenndogg
06-03-2008, 02:44 AM
Did anyone see the Faber/Pulver fight? Now thats what MMA is about. CBS should of tried got that kind of caliber fight instead of the Kimbo fight.

rkjunior303
06-03-2008, 06:34 AM
Faber is the best pound to pound fighter in MMA. St Pierre is a close 2nd. Faber needs to come to UFC.

drg
06-03-2008, 07:10 AM
I have been watching UFC since the start!!

Well there's your confusion. It was EliteXC.

BTW, he didn't tap, he was signaling thumbs up to the ref, i.e. he wasn't tapping. He continued to fight immediately after so it was pretty obvious he was not tapping. This angle shows he was not tapping the arm:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2156/2545196413_18d9825a18_o.gif

http://www.mmatko.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/thumb.jpg

And the commentators noted at the time that he was signaling "okay":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZtLdwDC9kw

Not that I think Kimbo showed remarkable skills or anything.

wooky
06-03-2008, 08:01 AM
That is not what I was talking about, I was talking about when Kimbo was on his back and Thomson had his fore arm shoved in his throat up against the cage.