PDA

View Full Version : Fever with food poisoning?

punkncat
06-01-2008, 12:03 PM
I think my insides turned out last night. I came home from picking up some paintball gear from Mag79 and started feeling really bad. I went to bed about 8 and it wasn't an hour or two later than all hell broke loose.
I still feel really bad, having pains in my gut and in my kidneys and an accompanying headache. What is bothering me the most I think is the fever I have going with this. I mean, I have been sick before, but never had a fever to go with it. I am not 100% sure as I haven't broken out the thermometer, but I think I am at about 100 degrees. I was freezing my butt off all night, and now I could cook a loaf of bread in my shirt.

Not sure if I should wait it out a little while or try to go to the hospital. The worst thing about being nauseated is trying to ride somewhere....uuggghh. :(

wetwrks
06-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Dude, with your recent medical events I would at least place a call with your doctor and see what he has to say. He can probably tell you if it is something going around.

thahouse
06-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Id definitely have a doctor take a gander at it. It could be a wide spectrum of things from what you describe.

Storminnorman
06-01-2008, 09:19 PM
If you can keep down WARM FLAT SPRITE AND COKE MIXED, the syrup helps settle your stomach, and then try some crackers and some toast with jelly. Then try to work your way up with plain foods or even water in a day. If you dehydrate your body to long you will die, if you haven't been able to keep anything down for 24 hours then make your way to the hospital so they can get you taken care of and we can hear from you again.

Storminnorman
06-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Your insides may hurt due to all the vomiting. Does it feel like you got punched all over your mid section? I had a mild case of food poisoning this year and my mid section felt like I went ten rounds with Mike Tyson and it felt like that for two days. Important thing is that you can hold down food and liquid.

mag79
06-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Did you go to TACO BELL after you left my house? The beans man, the beans...

teufelhunden
06-01-2008, 10:27 PM
I think my insides turned out last night. I came home from picking up some paintball gear from Mag79 and started feeling really bad. I went to bed about 8 and it wasn't an hour or two later than all hell broke loose.
I still feel really bad, having pains in my gut and in my kidneys and an accompanying headache. What is bothering me the most I think is the fever I have going with this. I mean, I have been sick before, but never had a fever to go with it. I am not 100% sure as I haven't broken out the thermometer, but I think I am at about 100 degrees. I was freezing my butt off all night, and now I could cook a loaf of bread in my shirt.

Not sure if I should wait it out a little while or try to go to the hospital. The worst thing about being nauseated is trying to ride somewhere....uuggghh. :(

fever is usually infection related. As someone else noted, give the doc a call given your recent medical past [that we know about]. Might just be a stomach bug or the flu, but safe > sorry.