PDA

View Full Version : Another gun planning to be bought.

WatchDragon
06-02-2008, 03:08 PM
I already have a Python Impulse for my electro, and sence i missed the run of e-mags and X-mags, i was thinking of getting a shocker, the closest thing i can find to a one tube layout. BUT, the barrel threads are something rather, and all i got are cocker barrels, anyone else have an idea of a similar marker i overlooked? One tube layout and electro.

sandfreestyle
06-02-2008, 03:11 PM
proto rail or slg
macdev droid
i think dangerous powers has one now

punkncat
06-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Look at a Mini, same threads and very similar to an Emag.

Avoid a shocker.

senghing27
06-02-2008, 03:12 PM
FEP Quest

or Droid

WatchDragon
06-02-2008, 03:23 PM
I have been watching the invert mini for a while as well, i have never been able to use one, how do they handle?

Do they need upgrading? Air consumption and such too.

B-Pow
06-02-2008, 04:00 PM
DP has the Rev-i and the D3 that are both single tube markers.
I've heard nothing but good about the Droid (except for the price)
The quest has been said to be a good shocker

DM4,5,6,7,8 are almost as small as a single tube (okay maybe not the 4 and 5) and the 4,5,and 6 can be had for next to nothing.

Most of the stacked tube markers are thinner than single tube and only a hair taller.

SithSteve
06-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Actually, Pythons have cocker threads. So, you could look for a nice used PL Shocker that also has cocker threads (Octane, Dark, Shocktech, Hybrid, to name a few).

Ruler_Mark
06-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Quest, Droid, mini, dp g3 or d3 are my pics

punkncat
06-02-2008, 05:48 PM
I have been watching the invert mini for a while as well, i have never been able to use one, how do they handle?

Do they need upgrading? Air consumption and such too.

Well upgrading is always subjective. I swapped the barrel and used mine for the CFOA last year. The only thing left that I personally would upgrade are the detents.
Very efficent, smooth shooter.

Enemy
06-03-2008, 01:45 AM
i would avoid the shocker at all costs, what it really boils down to is the shocker is a poorly designed matrix and it requires the HE bolt a trigger and reg off the bat. plus the only way to avoid FSDO on shockers is to degas them after every game and regas at the begening hoping it works!! really my recomendation would be a DM 6, it really is my absolute favorite gun to shoot, that and you cant leave out the egos.. they are as close to a single tube as a stack tube is going to get and i have only marginal quarks with the ones that have shot.

WatchDragon
06-03-2008, 02:02 AM
Well it looks like i'm leaning to a Invert Mini, and a used one at that, i been looking at it, and it seems like there is a beak in period when you buy a new one. The design is simple, almost mag simple. and i lvoe simple and effective things.

Enemy
06-03-2008, 02:09 AM
my suggestion is try as many out as you can.. I dont like the feel of the mini especially when i have a DM or viking in my hands!

trevorjk
06-03-2008, 02:13 AM
a brand new mini with all the version 3 everything... rips and flies and is amazing. plus $325 new

WatchDragon
06-03-2008, 02:14 AM
DM or viking would be nice, but, i don't think my boss will like me charing him $1500 on my work invoice for some random thing.

i have held a invert, i liked it, i held a DM, its ok as well.

trevorjk
06-03-2008, 02:34 AM
where do you live?

WatchDragon
06-03-2008, 03:41 AM
So*Cal, Orange / San Diego county

chairman_mao
06-03-2008, 06:37 AM
You could send Tuna an email and have him build you an emag if that is what you really want. He has the parts and will do it.

Outside of that I would say look for a viking on the B/S/T pages you can't really go wrong with AKA.

kurtisqpublic
06-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Well it looks like i'm leaning to a Invert Mini, and a used one at that, i been looking at it, and it seems like there is a beak in period when you buy a new one. The design is simple, almost mag simple. and i lvoe simple and effective things.

Nice gun. I just picked one up a few weeks ago. There may be a break in for efficiency but mine is working great with just a bit of trigger tweaking. I can see myself going through some serious paint with it! :wow:

rkjunior303
06-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Droid > all

Fast, light, great quality, and most importantly -- EFFICIENT.

tech-chan
06-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Droid > all

Fast, light, great quality, and most importantly -- EFFICIENT.

Absolutely, I would go Droid if I could afford it.

maddboy32
06-03-2008, 10:26 AM
i have an invert mini with an APE board and a hammerhead barrel. its more than i will ever need in my play. but i gotta say i love the small body and the look of it. mine is stock besides the board and barrel.

for money you can't go wrong with it. plus if you (for some reason) don't like it they're not that hard to get rid of.

Texas Trigger
06-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Mini, G3, Threshold...