PDA

View Full Version : Kingman 08 Electra and Pilot?

insixdays777
06-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Wow just stumbled on some pics...looks like Kingman busted out a new SMALLER spyder! :) Looks cool and tiny compared to past spyders.

Any one have one/shot one? How did they shoot? Nice price 150-200 bucks....

What is the deal????

punkncat
06-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Ttiwwp

questionful
06-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Ttiwwp
what's that mean??

I never pay attention to spyders, they always seem to be the same thing. All sorts of names and colors, but the same thing. I saw some recently without the volume chamber. I never thought that thing was necessary, just something else people could make money off of as an aftermarket "upgrade."

bryceeden
06-03-2008, 06:59 AM
They seem to run very very well. They aren't a DM or Marq or whatever but for the price they are pretty awsome. The LEAP board is simple to run and does a good job, they shoot faster than any Spyder I've ever seen except for the RSX(this years top of the line Spyder)

Toll
06-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Kingman has stepped their game up as this new "entry speedball" market is rather juicy.

warbeak2099
06-03-2008, 07:40 AM
I've noticed them too and I'm very impressed. Kingman has really been stepping it up lately.

punkncat
06-03-2008, 07:47 AM
what's that mean?

This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics..... :D

trevorjk
06-03-2008, 11:23 AM
http://www.spyder.tv/section/products/classic_series/electra.html

new for 08
-tadao boards
-new 300psi operating pressure
-magnetic trigger
-on/off asa

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/trevorjk/electra08.jpg

Toll
06-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I think the wing milling looks ugly, but functionally it's exactly how some one would build a spyder.

Stayhuge
06-03-2008, 12:23 PM
If they could undercut the Ion's price by $50 or so, they can probably take some of that business away. I think it looks pretty nice, and with eyes too? But it's still a Spyder. not bad though for an entry level electro.

punkncat
06-03-2008, 12:39 PM
http://www.spyder.tv/section/products/classic_series/electra.html

new for 08
-tadao boards
-new 300psi operating pressure
-magnetic trigger
-on/off asa

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/trevorjk/electra08.jpg

That is a long way from the first Spyder One I shot so many years ago.
Operating at 300 psi should do away with the spring kit that you always had to have on the side to get proper velocity. Tadao board should add much needed functionality. Made of all metal and rather attractive milling pattern considering. Wonder if they wised up and put a threaded feedneck on and to who's thread pattern?

They may have done themselves a real favor with this one, IF it avoids the reliability issue they have been having with the newest round of LP markers they came out with.

trevorjk
06-03-2008, 12:48 PM
while you are on the spyder site, check out the RS models.

bryceeden
06-03-2008, 02:45 PM
That is a long way from the first Spyder One I shot so many years ago.
Operating at 300 psi should do away with the spring kit that you always had to have on the side to get proper velocity. Tadao board should add much needed functionality. Made of all metal and rather attractive milling pattern considering. Wonder if they wised up and put a threaded feedneck on and to who's thread pattern?

They may have done themselves a real favor with this one, IF it avoids the reliability issue they have been having with the newest round of LP markers they came out with.

They do seem to have fixed the VS's LP and reliability issues but kept the preformance. Plus the Electra is way light, its impressive.

maniacmechanic
06-03-2008, 05:57 PM
If they could undercut the Ion's price by $50 or so, they can probably take some of that business away. I think it looks pretty nice, and with eyes too? But it's still a Spyder. not bad though for an entry level electro.

they probley could if they didn't have to pay the ** electro tarif

snoopay700
06-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Few months back i was thinking about how they could reduce the size of a spyder, and even came up with a design. Looked much like that, except for the milling.

As for the price, does sp have a patent on anything using a pancake noid, or anything using a noid period?