PDA

View Full Version : General Questions about RETRO MAG

canadian_nibbles
06-03-2008, 10:59 PM
HI all
Ive had my retromag for awhile and im thinking of upgrading it. I run
a retro valve on a Classic / Automag Mainbodie
set up on warp feed with a 12" All American barrel and a richocet 2k hopper.
but what i was wondering is should get i get LVL 10 bolt?
if so is it compatible with my retro mag?
and is my money better spent on something else?
just another question is it possible to get a X-Valve on a classic automag body?
or do i need a different body?
thanks guys for all your help

canadian_nibbles
06-03-2008, 11:13 PM
HI all
just another question is it possible to get a X-Valve on a classic automag body?

Oh yeah, what would this gun be classified as? i see diff names for diff mags... like RT Mag, or auto mag stuff like that it has a retro valve so what kind of mag does it make it?

secretweaponevan
06-04-2008, 11:24 AM
HI all
If you dislike chopping, for sure!
Yes, a level 10 bolt kit will fit in any valve except for a rental valve.
If you are starving, buy food instead.
An X-valve will fit in any body except for Sydarms or Original Automag RT's with the banjo bolt. An X-valve comes with a LVL 10 bolt kit already installed, so if you get an X, you don't need to order the LVL 10.
Nope, it will fit.

It would be called a classic with X-valve. This is just the beginning though, soon you will get a ULE body and then have 2 mags, then 4 then...

Mags are like rabbits. Before you know it you will have many. ;)

questionful
06-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Automag means any kind of mag
RT mag means any mag with any RT valve. (classic RT's, ReTro, RT Pro, E-mag, X-valve, etc.)
I would call yours an RT, or you could call it a variety of other things, like SWE would call it an X-valve'd classic.

BTW the only differences between the X-valve and your ReTro valve are that the X-valve is almost all aluminum so it's lighter, it can take a ULT, and if you buy it new it comes with the L10.

canadian_nibbles
06-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks for your help guys, very helpful
no im not starving, i was thinking of something to get for Fathers day haha
wasn't sure what else i could do to my RT MAG haha. I love my mag im just getting back into the sport haven't played in 4 yrs because i had kids and money was tight but i got much better job now and have some free time :shooting: how often do you have to really retune your lvl 10?

questionful
06-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Not very often. I only got mine like two weeks ago, but I think I've heard about once or twice a year?

athomas
06-06-2008, 12:43 PM
how often do you have to really retune your lvl 10?Once it is tuned, the only tuning required, would be to drop a carrier size as the carrier oring wears down. This generally happens after about 5000 shots when the carrier oring is new. The manufacturing seam wears off in the center of the oring. After the initial break-in of 5000 shots, you probably won't have to touch it again for over 100000 shots. The bolt spring will need to be replaced much sooner than that. Usually the bolt springs start to get weak around 30000 shots. They are a consumable item, so you should keep one around for spare parts anyway. When you change the bolt spring, no other adjustments need to be done. Its an easy drop in tune up.

MagModderMatt
06-08-2008, 01:46 AM
Once it is tuned, the only tuning required, would be to drop a carrier size as the carrier oring wears down. This generally happens after about 5000 shots when the carrier oring is new. The manufacturing seam wears off in the center of the oring. After the initial break-in of 5000 shots, you probably won't have to touch it again for over 100000 shots. The bolt spring will need to be replaced much sooner than that. Usually the bolt springs start to get weak around 30000 shots. They are a consumable item, so you should keep one around for spare parts anyway. When you change the bolt spring, no other adjustments need to be done. Its an easy drop in tune up.

I have a classic rt with lvl 10 and it's been milled for ult bby tunaman! (he still does the milling) noone else does.
That valve wont need tuning after the install/break in/testing. only thing is the spring and athomas said carrier o-ring I have my gun set up to shoot with my EP grip and if it gets messed up I put my clevis back on and put my Intelliframe back on.. the valve will never die if you give it tlc after every day of play, hell you can neglect it for 4 years slap an o-ring kit in there and it will shoot perfect. and yes mag's are contageous! I have three 1 main 1 backup 1 for friend (or two for friends) they never break down right when you really dont want it to, if ever
Matt :shooting:

questionful
06-08-2008, 03:55 AM
Oy, I envy you MagModderMatt!! I wanted to E-pneu my classic RT some day. I wanted to do it with an airwalk V1 and UTB, what did you do it with?

canadian_nibbles
06-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow.. thanks for all your info guys very helpful in making my decision so i finally ordered my lvl 10 now im just waiting for it :D. can't wait the summer league is about to start had awful spring start haha