PDA

View Full Version : The Future of MOTM

Smoothice
06-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Guys-

RRfireblade has stepped down from providing the prizes for the MOTM competitions. He deserves a big Thank You from all of us for continueing this competion and providing prizes.

Thanks Jay!!!!!

The real prize is the satisfaction of building the best MAG possible.

I do not have the resources or the money to provide prizes.

If someone would like to donate prizes for future competitions please post up here.

If someone would like to donate prizes ONLY if they are running the show then post up here.

I am more then happy to run the competition but if someone is willing to donate and wants the control as well I will not fight that.

Lets hear what the masses have to say.

Smoothice
06-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Maybe we could have some MOTM stickers made. Anybody got connections?

BigEvil
06-04-2008, 11:11 AM
I have another run of BEO barrel condoms in the works. I would be happy to donate a dozen to the MOTM cause. Come to think of it, I probably will be doing some more stickers in the near future also, since the ones I had are all gone. We can talk about those when I get closer to ordering.

Looper
06-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Maybe we could have some MOTM stickers made. Anybody got connections?

I have a 24" Roland vinyl cutter and can cut out any vector graphic logo that would be desired. My only request is that the logo be one color and fairly simple to cut and weed. Anybody have any ideas for a MOTM logo that is one color?

I can cut out a bunch of these and send them to smoothice to mail out to the winners.

sandfreestyle
06-04-2008, 11:19 AM
how about the black AGD lion logo with MOTM under it?

Smoothice
06-04-2008, 11:32 AM
I can cut out a bunch of these and send them to smoothice to mail out to the winners.

That would work for me.

Lets judge interest first. Then we can look into logo's. I'm sure someone on here could put something awsome together.

sandfreestyle
06-04-2008, 11:36 AM
wat about a patch. I can get those done real cheap

Ruler_Mark
06-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I know this isnt in the topic however,, mabey split it into the Gun class:

Pure Mech, includes non-eletrco pnue
Electro, emag epmags devils etc.

chafnerjr
06-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Here's to RRfireblade! Thanks for running things up to now... I wish I had something to donate... Damn! I really wanted to try and win a shirt to wear around the field. Gun won't be ready for another month-ish, but your right. It's all about the bragging rights :dance:

Chronobreak
06-04-2008, 12:04 PM
if we have a few people that want to run it we should have a vote as we did previously when by a landslide i defeated dj89 in the AO election :p

maybe we can get some pics signed by tom or something again for prizes, it should be fairly cheap and appreciated as well.

il check waht i have for donations though most isnt mag related or specific

Smoothice
06-04-2008, 12:37 PM
wat about a patch. I can get those done real cheap

That would be pretty cool.

chairman_mao
06-04-2008, 01:44 PM
All of these are great ideas but what is most important to me is that we keep the contast going. I know that for me it would be the satisfaction of winning that drove my entry not any prize (altough free stuff is cool).

A signed picture of Tom would be the best prize EVER.

Jaan
06-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Thanks RRfireblade for all your work!

Personally, I like swag. It doesn't have to be very expensive, but just a token. A shirt of course is very cool...but I think that a barrel cover would be just as cool. It's nice to be able to brag, and walking onto a field with a MotM barrel cover on a 'Mag that actually won would be sweet. Someone mentioned patches, you could just sew a patch to a barrel cover couldn't you? Hell, I'd even pay for it if I won.

questionful
06-04-2008, 01:58 PM
How about everyone tries to donate something that's cheap to them. I could donate a sketch or something. The only cost to me would be shipping, and that would probably be cheap since it's "media".

Smoothice
06-04-2008, 03:34 PM
All of these are great ideas but what is most important to me is that we keep the contast going. I know that for me it would be the satisfaction of winning that drove my entry not any prize (altough free stuff is cool).

A signed picture of Tom would be the best prize EVER.

I intend on running the competition just as I have for the past 5 months. It will not stop regardless of prizes.

Smoothice
06-04-2008, 04:00 PM
I know this isnt in the topic however,, mabey split it into the Gun class:

Pure Mech, includes non-eletrco pnue
Electro, emag epmags devils etc.

I would prefer to see it stay the same.

This way those who want to spend big $$$$ on DW, SFL's and anno's can compete against each other.

And those that want to kick it old skool can have some fun.

Otherwise it is a competition of who can buy the nicest parts.

Which alienates a big portion of the mag community.

Ruler_Mark
06-04-2008, 05:34 PM
I would prefer to see it stay the same.

This way those who want to spend big $$$$ on DW, SFL's and anno's can compete against each other.

And those that want to kick it old skool can have some fun.

Otherwise it is a competition of who can buy the nicest parts.

Which alienates a big portion of the mag community.

that is true. However the open class is just too encompassing imo. whatever way you decide to go enjoy!

going_home
06-04-2008, 05:52 PM
You could just go month to month on whatever is offered as to what the prize is.
Or just do it for bragging rights.
There doesnt have to be prizes, its really to keep up the interest in anything Airgun Designs anyways.

;)

sandfreestyle
06-04-2008, 05:54 PM
i do it for bragging ringts anyways cause the shirt wouldn't fit me :p

mpsd
06-05-2008, 06:22 AM
Thanks, Jay, for all the prizes provided!

Now, I think the MOTM thread and poll should continue and keep the same. If anyone can/want to provide a prize, he/she can contact smoothice for it. We had a few months with other prizes too, such as Kruger's and Jay from CI too. To me, as smoothice said, the most important thing is the honor to have the MOTM.

BigEvil
06-05-2008, 06:43 AM
IMO, I think that having two categories is unnecessary. It should be up to whomever is picking the 3 or 4 finalists to give some consideration to the classics. A nice mag is a nice mag.