PDA

View Full Version : Ebay's new feedback rule

MANN
06-05-2008, 06:27 PM
"Buyers, you can no longer receive negative or neutral Feedback from sellers.

You should leave honest and accurate Feedback without the fear of receiving negative or neutral ratings."

As a seller I find this to be bull----. People who bid on something and do not pay should get bad feedback.

end rant.

going_home
06-05-2008, 06:30 PM
"Buyers, you can no longer receive negative or neutral Feedback from sellers.

You should leave honest and accurate Feedback without the fear of receiving negative or neutral ratings."

As a seller I find this to be bull----. People who bid on something and do not pay should get bad feedback.

end rant.

Yeah this started a while ago.
Now more than ever I'm not giving buyers feedback until I get some first.

:nono:

sandfreestyle
06-05-2008, 06:31 PM
What a bunch of bull. So now the dead beats can get away with not paying easier.

MANN
06-05-2008, 06:34 PM
What a bunch of bull. So now the dead beats can get away with not paying easier.

yep and it is a complete hassle to get your listing service fund returned. I know its only a couple of bucks, but it is principal.

Emert426
06-05-2008, 06:40 PM
yep and it is a complete hassle to get your listing service fund returned. I know its only a couple of bucks, but it is principal.

:clap: Principle FTW :clap:

But seriously that chump change adds up... Like the fees at some atms, or paying for air... or water :mad:

lasrsktr
06-05-2008, 06:54 PM
I think it is actually a good thing that they changed this... It protects the buyers rep from a shady sellers transaction...

As a sell you can file a Non Paying Bidder with ebay and thats defiantly a scar on their permanent record...

I hate when as a buyer somethings not right and you leave a neutral or negative and the retaliate....

Its a pain in the :dance: ...

mag79
06-05-2008, 07:02 PM
[B]People who bid on something and do not pay should get bad feedback.

end rant.

Sellers CAN leave negative feedback for those that dont pay, only the one's that dont pay

PyRo
06-08-2008, 06:01 AM
It's BS but it just saved me. I bought something, paid five minutes later and I couldn't get in touch with the guy. I tried e-mailing him and calling him and never got a response. I got the item and left him a positive that said as described, quick shipping, poor communication. The next day I have a positive that says lousy buyer, deadbeat at best. I'm sure he would have left a negative if he could have.

teufelhunden
06-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Yeah there are still ways to harm a buyers rep if needed, but too many sellers would not leave feedback until feedback was left for them... and too much retaliatory stuff. The few times I left neg/neutral I waited until the window to leave feedback was literally seconds from closing before I hit submit so they wouldn't ruin by 100%.

Lohman446
06-08-2008, 06:33 PM
I was personally sick of the ability to leave retalitory feedback. People were not leaving honest feedback - 10K customers and never an unhappy one - seriously? E-bay already coddles the power sellers and protects them. My buying feedback (ie, did I pay promptly) should have nothing to do with you as the seller. Heres an idea, require paypal or similiar for e-bay, rather than buyer feedback simply put in the amount of time they waited to pay (IE under 48 hrs, 48-96, etc.)

Papa_Smurf
06-08-2008, 07:54 PM
I was personally sick of the ability to leave retalitory feedback. People were not leaving honest feedback - 10K customers and never an unhappy one - seriously? E-bay already coddles the power sellers and protects them. My buying feedback (ie, did I pay promptly) should have nothing to do with you as the seller. Heres an idea, require paypal or similiar for e-bay, rather than buyer feedback simply put in the amount of time they waited to pay (IE under 48 hrs, 48-96, etc.)

They do give the seller the option to require immediate payment, only when BIN is used. You can't require it at the end of a regular option because some people aren't at the computer when it ends.

bornl33t
06-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I personally like it. Because alot of the sellers I deal will were crooks, omiting information, or flast out lying about how much use it got before they sold it. With the old feedback method I just didn't leave feedback when I had an issue. Either way ebays fees are getting outragous. They took more then 5% of my last austion and then paypal took their fees. If it were two different companies I wouldn't care but as I see it they took more then 12%. I am avoiding ebay for the time being. If I can find it somewhere else and pay 12% more I'll do that.

Lohman446
06-09-2008, 05:22 AM
They do give the seller the option to require immediate payment, only when BIN is used. You can't require it at the end of a regular option because some people aren't at the computer when it ends.

I agree, but you could note how long it took them to pay - and make the first option under 48hrs. I would call that a reasonable time, and it does not punish anyone for not living on the computer.

teufelhunden
06-09-2008, 08:45 AM
I agree, but you could note how long it took them to pay - and make the first option under 48hrs. I would call that a reasonable time, and it does not punish anyone for not living on the computer.

Would be fine for PayPal but not so good for MO's/checks and even wires depending on when the auction closes.

JesseB
06-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Good
I left neutral feedback for a seller who was sub-par they never replyed to my emails or sent a shipping confirmation so since I personally would never do business with them again they gave me negative feedback. only bad mark I have on my trading history and it's poop.

Lohman446
06-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Would be fine for PayPal but not so good for MO's/checks and even wires depending on when the auction closes.

I guess a category "alternate payment method" could exempt those using an alternate method.

Papa_Smurf
06-09-2008, 11:28 AM

Well yeah, it would be great. But alas, eBay isn't into giving features for free...or even cheap.

ThePixelGuru
06-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah, it is lame, but the retaliatory feedback was really getting out of hand. At least on B/S/T forums like this you get to respond publicly, while on eBay everyone just sees the bad mark and doesn't know it's from a shady seller. Yet another reason I trust the forums more than the 'Bay.