PDA

View Full Version : Faulty ULT On-Off

turboboy808
06-05-2008, 11:01 PM
my mag is being a pain in the ***. i got an x-valve + ULT + level x. When i shoot a few shots the trigger stops after being pulled and does not reset. after playing around with the level x and changing the shims i feel the level x is not too tight and therefore is not the cause of the trigger not reseting, also when the trigger doesn't reset the bolt is in the back position. Could there be some sort of sticking with the on-off (i oiled it too) causing it not to press against the sear and reset the trigger or could this be a cause of an improper sear rod length? Right now i have 3 shims in the ULT. Thanks.

turboboy808
06-06-2008, 11:02 AM
last night i noticed after the trigger is pulled the bolt does not return completely and leaks down the barrel then "chink" the sear locks in place and i'm ready to shoot again, however there is a delay and only happens when rapid firing. I'm currelty using the red spring. What do you think could be causing the sear from not catching the bolt all time? Is it possible i need a stiffer spring to push the bolt back or increase the sear rod length? i no longer think the problem lies with the ULT.

Ruler_Mark
06-06-2008, 11:03 AM
last night i noticed after the trigger is pulled the bolt does not return completely and leaks down the barrel then "chink" the sear locks in place and i'm ready to shoot again, however there is a delay and only happens when rapid firing. I'm currelty using the red spring. What do you think could be causing the sear from not catching the bolt all time? Is it possible i need a stiffer spring to push the bolt back or increase the sear rod length? i no longer think the problem lies with the ULT.

You LVL X is not tuned correctly:
http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

athomas
06-06-2008, 12:12 PM
last night i noticed after the trigger is pulled the bolt does not return completely and leaks down the barrel then "chink" the sear locks in place and i'm ready to shoot again, however there is a delay and only happens when rapid firing..This is bolt stick. You need to use the next larger carrier size. Make sure you use the same white carrier oring when changing carriers. Remove the shims to make sure you aren't getting shim induced leaking when going to a larger carrier size.

turboboy808
06-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks

This is bolt stick. You need to use the next larger carrier size. Make sure you use the same white carrier oring when changing carriers. Remove the shims to make sure you aren't getting shim induced leaking when going to a larger carrier size.