Black Intelli Frame
Bike Grip
X Valve
lvl 10
R/T On off..
Reloader B
48/45 DXS tank
16" Deadly wind barrel

I liked it more than an etec my friend had, and definitely liked it more than my nxt shocker.. I love the way it shoots, its really great..

I was at first disappointed with the trigger pull as its really heavy with the RT on/off, but I love the way it reacts and pushes itself forward. I droped my ULT on/off in there and liked the lightness but I needed to get some shims for it to work as its leaking down the barrel when I pulled the trigger a little bit.

AFTER THE GAME

I actually liked the heavy trigger, it allowed me to not walk the trigger, save paint and get more eliminations. I may not pneumag it anymore unless I do it just for show, to let friends see that mags can shoot fast....

Im in love with the mag, love the way it shoots, definatly a keeper and the shocker is getting sold as of today..

However its effeicency is pretty bad. I knew this before I bought the mag but with my 48ci I would get 1 hopper every 900psi... Doesn't bother me as I don't shoot much..

I do want to replace the RAIL for SUREEEEE... as its hideous and may change the feedneck, trigger frame and gas through..
QUESTIONS:

Is there ANY way to improve efficiency besides lower FPS and paint to barrel match.

My lvl 10 didn't come with any extras. Do I need the extras? It works, well to my knowledge, never used one before. Don't know everything that is adjustable with them, I know they use diffrent springs and diffrent shims, but I don't know what changing them does or why you need to adjust it.

punkncat
06-08-2008, 10:06 PM
The lvl 10 comes with parts for tuning. Much of it being the breaking in period. When the marker is new, the oring for the lx is not worn at all. After shooting it a bit and wearing in the oring it becomes neccesary to change the carrier to accomidate the worn ring and stop the marker from leaking down the barrel, which is a symptom of the carrier being too large.

Getting the parts is not a bad idea in that you can fine tune the LX to be softer. Also if you ever have to go with a really low velocity, like indoor field you might need the lighter spring for the bolt. But overall once its broken in and if you regularly oil the valve then the current setting should work for a long time to come. I haven't changed mine in years.

As far as efficency, LX uses more air than a Lvl 7 bolt does. Beyond that there is not much to do for it.

I am glad to see that you are enjoying the marker I sold to you. A great deal of the fun in owning one is finding the right combination of parts that suits you, and making it "custom".

Enjoy and thanks.

Spencer
06-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks

Added Question....

I noticed that stock ULE mags hold their value very well. I was wondering if this is the same for a mag with many after market parts..

Just wondering, I do plan on getting a new rail a new trigger frame maybe gas through and getting everything anno'd..

questionful
06-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Im in love with the mag, love the way it shoots, definatly a keeper and the shocker is getting sold as of today.. :cry: :) tears of joy!

Is there ANY way to improve efficiency besides lower FPS and paint to barrel match.

My lvl 10 didn't come with any extras. Do I need the extras? It works, well to my knowledge, never used one before. Don't know everything that is adjustable with them, I know they use diffrent springs and diffrent shims, but I don't know what changing them does or why you need to adjust it.
For efficiency, you can get a lvl7 bolt, but of course that has obvious disadvantages. I think that's all you can do.
You should get a lvl10 kit, but if it works fine, there's no hurry. You need to adjust it, first of all, to make it work. If it leaks, you need to adjust it. But this has already been done for you, so you'll only need to adjust it if the powertube O-ring wears, which should be a while, or if you want to change your fps more than a little bit, if you want to change the sensitivity, and actually if you use the shorter spring, it will not be as sensitive but it should be more efficient.

http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/level10_6fps.gif

Spencer
06-08-2008, 10:27 PM
:cry: :) tears of joy!

For efficiency, you can get a lvl7 bolt, but of course that has obvious disadvantages. I think that's all you can do.
You should get a lvl10 kit, but if it works fine, there's no hurry. You need to adjust it, first of all, to make it work. If it leaks, you need to adjust it. But this has already been done for you, so you'll only need to adjust it if the powertube O-ring wears, which should be a while, or if you want to change your fps more than a little bit, if you want to change the sensitivity, and actually if you use the shorter spring, it will not be as sensitive but it should be more efficient.

http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/level10_6fps.gif

Thanks!!

Where can I find these kits?

I did notice the lvl 10 seemed to vent a little slow, I had no chops all day of course as I use a reloader b so a lvl 10 isn't really nessiary.. What exactly would I have to change? I have a classic valve with a lvl 7 bolt, what parts would I need to take? Also is the little foamy on the front of the nessiary bolt?

questionful
06-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks!!

Where can I find these kits?

I did notice the lvl 10 seemed to vent a little slow, I had no chops all day of course as I use a reloader b so a lvl 10 isn't really nessiary.. What exactly would I have to change? I have a classic valve with a lvl 7 bolt, what parts would I need to take? Also is the little foamy on the front of the nessiary bolt?
You can buy them used, or buy them new from any AGD dealer (AGD, tuna). Don't get the whole "L10 kit", because that includes the L10 bolt, which you already have. Just get whichever two springs you don't have (silver, red, gold), and the carriers you don't have. You should have 5. BTW they are measured in lines (whole steps) and dots (half steps). And get some shims.

To switch your L7 onto your X-valve, just swap out EVERYTHING in the powertube, including the powertube tip. The L7 set-up should be: mainspring, bolt, powertube tip, powertube spacer (unless your valve is ancient, in which case it would be a spring), powertube O-ring.

Spencer
06-08-2008, 10:36 PM
You can buy them used, or buy them new from any AGD dealer (AGD, tuna). Don't get the whole "L10 kit", because that includes the L10 bolt, which you already have. Just get whichever two springs you don't have (silver, red, gold), and the carriers you don't have. You should have 5. BTW they are measured in lines (whole steps) and dots (half steps). And get some shims.

To switch your L7 onto your X-valve, just swap out EVERYTHING in the powertube, including the powertube tip. The L7 set-up should be: mainspring, bolt, powertube tip, powertube spacer (unless your valve is ancient, in which case it would be a spring), powertube O-ring.

Thanks again.. Found this, http://www.themagsmith.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=36 is that what I need? Also where can I find, well now I can't remember the name of the frame, I thought it was from the magsmith..

questionful
06-08-2008, 10:43 PM
No, that doesn't include any L10 springs, or L10 carriers (it just has the little O-rings that go around the carriers). I'm pretty sure you have to buy it all separately.

RPG Chimera? It's a 90* frame with the trigger guard angled in a bit?

My favorite are the airwalk V1's. I don't like the V2's that much. Of course, I've never held either, just judging by the looks. I want to someday put an e-pneu airwalk on my classic RT. :shooting:

Spencer
06-09-2008, 12:13 AM
No, that doesn't include any L10 springs, or L10 carriers (it just has the little O-rings that go around the carriers). I'm pretty sure you have to buy it all separately.

RPG Chimera? It's a 90* frame with the trigger guard angled in a bit?

My favorite are the airwalk V1's. I don't like the V2's that much. Of course, I've never held either, just judging by the looks. I want to someday put an e-pneu airwalk on my classic RT. :shooting:

Yea, don't like the Chimera, I liked the one I saw in the how to pneumag video and I think its similar or it is this one..
http://playpb.net/obrazki/news_20070213.jpg

MournBlade
06-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Used my Mag today,

Black ULE body
Black Intelli Frame
Bike Grip
X Valve
lvl 10
R/T On off..
Reloader B
48/45 DXS tank
16" Deadly wind barrel

I liked it more than an etec my friend had, and definitely liked it more than my nxt shocker.. I love the way it shoots, its really great..

I was at first disappointed with the trigger pull as its really heavy with the RT on/off, but I love the way it reacts and pushes itself forward. I droped my ULT on/off in there and liked the lightness but I needed to get some shims for it to work as its leaking down the barrel when I pulled the trigger a little bit.

AFTER THE GAME

I actually liked the heavy trigger, it allowed me to not walk the trigger, save paint and get more eliminations. I may not pneumag it anymore unless I do it just for show, to let friends see that mags can shoot fast....

Im in love with the mag, love the way it shoots, definatly a keeper and the shocker is getting sold as of today..

However its effeicency is pretty bad. I knew this before I bought the mag but with my 48ci I would get 1 hopper every 900psi... Doesn't bother me as I don't shoot much..

I do want to replace the RAIL for SUREEEEE... as its hideous and may change the feedneck, trigger frame and gas through..
QUESTIONS:

Ok from my understanding you shot a hopper per 900 psi 4500/900 = 5, so I can safely say you shot at least 4 full hoppers and maybe a half. A reloader-b has a capacity roughly 150-170 rounds we'll go low anyway 150x4 is 600 and times 4.5 is 675. That is a solid estimate and I have not included the percentage of shots lost from the level 10 doing its job. Given the equation of 15 shots per inch for a 4.5k bottle 15 x 48 = 720 and 15 x 45 = 675 you're sitting just about right for a 45x4.5k.

mr doo doo
06-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Yea, don't like the Chimera, I liked the one I saw in the how to pneumag video and I think its similar or it is this one..
http://playpb.net/obrazki/news_20070213.jpg

yea, that is the Airwalk frame from CI (V1). haven't tried it out myself, but it looks like one heck of a frame.

questionful
06-09-2008, 01:45 AM
the one in the link is an airwalk, version 1. I haven't seen the how to pneumag video in ages though.
There's also the Logic:
http://cdn-www.pbreview.com/productpics/?action=view&photo=6866&product=4163

Spencer
06-09-2008, 08:34 AM
yea don't like the logic, so far onlything I like is the airwalk or the intelli..

blitzkriegboom!
06-09-2008, 05:47 PM
i have a black thrasher rail FS that would look good on it, :cool:

Spider-TW
06-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Shane-O-Mac has some pump rails in the dealers forum (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=229570).

They are a little different in the sides, but have a pump slot for future impulses.

Do you not like the classic rail or is yours beat up?

Spencer
06-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Shane-O-Mac has some pump rails in the dealers forum (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=229570).

They are a little different in the sides, but have a pump slot for future impulses.

Do you not like the classic rail or is yours beat up?

Yea its just ulgy that and Im sort of getting into weight reduction through my 48ci tank weights more than the marker..