PDA

View Full Version : Prepping for Anodizing: Anything I need to know??

bunny5
06-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm going to be anodizing my SFL and I would like to know what I need to get done before I send out the parts for anodizing.

I know that the Body Bushing and Clip need to be removed, (I'm getting Tuna to help me out) but is there anything else I need to have someone remove before I send out the parts?

Do I need to remove the Battery Connector on the gripframe itself??

-Robert

Ruler_Mark
06-09-2008, 10:34 AM
you need to remove the battery connector. you need to remove EVERYTHING :P.

Also would be good to thoughly clean the parts incase the anno'ers QC isnt that good

When you recieve it take some sandpaper to the connection wheere the board screw holds the board on so it can make a connection.

bunny5
06-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Do you have any tips on how to remove the battery connector?

Looper
06-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Do you have any tips on how to remove the battery connector?

It is a stud with a spiral twist on the shaft. If you take a punch and slowly hammer it out from the top is should drop out with no problems. I would use a piece of wood with a hole in it, under the frame, to receive the pin as it is hammered out.

NU_METAL
06-09-2008, 01:53 PM
It is a stud with a spiral twist on the shaft. If you take a punch and slowly hammer it out from the top is should drop out with no problems. I would use a piece of wood with a hole in it, under the frame, to receive the pin as it is hammered out.
this is exactly how i do it & it works every time
remember anything thats NOT aluminum has to be removed :D