PDA

View Full Version : Best screw in reg? With high psi output?

pk5
06-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone

So i just bought an 02 tank for 20 bucks, of course the air america screw in reg is shot, so i need to replace the reg (maybe get it fix)

But i am aiming for replacing the reg anyway:

Which fixed or adjustable output reg is the best for a pneumag?

So far i found the:

aci bulldog: 800 psi output ( 40 bucks shipped)
crossfire red: 800 psi output (50 bucks shipped)

Are there any other reg out there? that i should get? Is there any good reason to get above 800 psi output?

My current mag use an adjustable raptor rex, but that one is attached to a remote line, and well...i don't want to use another remote line, and a sleeper mag eliminated the cradle option.

Thanks

questionful
06-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Someone here said they called crossfire and got them to put a 1150psi preset spring in theirs. Whether or not you want a high psi is a good question, though. I would say, it would always be fun to turn your LPR down and do some full-auto pneu-age like pneumagger's 29cps youtube video.

If you don't mind buying used, and from a company that's out of business, I've heard good things about nitroducks, and centerflag has good presets. Here's the one on Zak Vetter's site:
http://www.zakvetter.com/paintball_videos/centerflag_4ce.mov

Produced 12/23/04 I was given the opportunity to test out Centerflag Paintball's new 4CE reg system. The reg offers 4 different spring settings for the output pressure best for your marker. Running at 1000psi this preset is the first (to my knowledge) you can rapidfire.

mtaylor
06-10-2008, 10:36 PM
I have a regular crossfire HP, it gets some decent RT effect on the mags I've hooked it to.

AzrealDarkmoonZ
06-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Both nitroduck and centerflag make excellent screw ins, the nitroduck ireg is especially appealing since it is rebuildable. Of course both of these companies are MIA. Crossfire is probably your next bet, I would advise against the Myth.

punkncat
06-11-2008, 06:05 AM
Both nitroduck and centerflag make excellent screw ins, the nitroduck ireg is especially appealing since it is rebuildable. Of course both of these companies are MIA. Crossfire is probably your next bet, I would advise against the Myth.

QFT.

Crossfires are recommended by name by Planet Eclipse as the best reg to use on an Ego, with Pure Energy next.
I was VERY disappointed in the Myth. It is a great idea and all, and really more my fault that I didn't look into it a little better, but the damn thing won't screw into most of my markers. Worse than that its got this strange output level that I can't understand. Too high to be LP, and too low to be HP.
I would sell it off in a second if I could find someone stupid enough to pay what I did for it. :tard:

matteusz
06-11-2008, 08:12 AM
I sell ANS brand regs preset to anything up to 1200 psi with factory warrenty. I will garrnetee the reg to work. Also just so you know PE crossfire . . . most of the regs you see on the market are made in the same factory. PM me if I can help you out.

Ruler_Mark
06-11-2008, 08:40 AM

QTF,, i would take matteusz up on his offer

senghing27
06-11-2008, 12:29 PM
I would say Crossfire.

The Nitroduck I-Reg is a good reg as well.

The Myth reg is a funny one. It's mid pressure, a whole 600-650 PSI. So for guns that need 800+ like automags, then it's not too good. BUt for lower pressured setups, Egos, Angels, etc, etc.. It works just fine.

What about rail mounts? The inline maxflo, dynaflow, and the macdev conquest regs are pretty good.

I have both the maxflo and the conquest and they are really nice.

pk5
06-11-2008, 12:53 PM
I can't do rail mount at all due to the sleeper pneu setup.

So i just got a crossfire reg and it should be arriving soon for 20 dollars air america tank (02 and need rehydro - but look to be in great shape, and can't beat it for 20 bucks)

I will get the ans reg though, to replace my air america raptor rex - next month :)

matteusz
06-12-2008, 11:58 AM
I can't do rail mount at all due to the sleeper pneu setup.

So i just got a crossfire reg and it should be arriving soon for 20 dollars air america tank (02 and need rehydro - but look to be in great shape, and can't beat it for 20 bucks)

I will get the ans reg though, to replace my air america raptor rex - next month :)

Sounds like a good plan to me. Nice deal on the tank. I started a dealer thread here:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2532053#post2532053

Anyone interested can get the regs from me anytime. I am starting a full on business and will have a website up soon. Thanks, Mat