PDA

View Full Version : tips for fighting

domeplz
06-11-2008, 04:44 PM
i've never been in a fight before i need some tips.

olinar
06-11-2008, 05:11 PM
so your going to fight someone and your looking for tips?

huh, uhhh the 5 d's?

MANN
06-11-2008, 05:14 PM
lol. if your asking for help on how to fight on the internet just kick your self in the ... and run and hide.

:cheers:

gimp
06-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Get drunk?

thahouse
06-11-2008, 05:26 PM
For someone who has never been in a fight, should follow the two major rules..

rule number one...if you can walk away from/talk yourself out a fight, do it. saves energy, hassle and pain.

rule number two...if talking/walking your way out of a fight does not work, kicks to the knee, punches to the throat and eye gouging works best.

the logic changes if you are an experienced fighter like me, but the dirty fighting methods never change..lol

OneUp
06-11-2008, 05:27 PM

the best way to resolve a conflict is without a fight.

looks like you failed :tard:

oneworld
06-11-2008, 05:28 PM
kick him in the junk and let his face meet your knee.. i did that but once and it saved alot of time. plus is was just funny.

oneworld
06-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Oh yeah. listen to the guys that are telling you not to fight. Its not cool. but sometimes i relize you have to. and if you dont have choice. use above post :D

sandfreestyle
06-11-2008, 05:37 PM
kick him in the junk and let his face meet your knee.. i did that but once and it saved alot of time. plus is was just funny.
Last time I kneed someone in the face, past July, i heard they were still getting dental work done to fix the damage. That was in April.

Eagle
06-11-2008, 06:37 PM
I rarely go anywhere unarmed

skife
06-11-2008, 06:43 PM
stay loose.
keep moving, if you hit the ground don't just lay there, keep moving.

it doesn't matter if you fight dirty if you've won.

Papa_Smurf
06-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Fight only as the last resort. Use words, not fists.

But some listen better than others.

domeplz
06-11-2008, 07:05 PM
the best way to resolve a conflict is without a fight.

looks like you failed :tard:
thanks dad

domeplz
06-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Get drunk?
wats that mean

Lohman446
06-11-2008, 07:33 PM
A) Don't fight over anything you are not willing to go to jail over

B) The first rule of unarmed combat: arm yourself.

C) If I (or in this case you) win it was a fair fight regardless of how it happened.

Papa_Smurf
06-11-2008, 07:52 PM
A) Don't fight

C) If I (or in this case you) win it was a fair fight regardless of how it happened.

Well put.

gimp
06-11-2008, 08:08 PM
wats that mean

When your drunk you can start a fight over anything. Your post made it sound like you wanted to get in a fight. :cheers:

questionful
06-11-2008, 08:33 PM
I've never been in a fight before, but I'd never kick someone in the nuts unless they tried something that dishonorable first. In fact no kicking either. Kicking and any sort of blow to the balls is only allowed if you're a girl. Plain ol' fist fight is the only kind of fight I'd want to get in. Well, not want. Actually, I know this sounds weird, but I would like to get in a bunch of fights, sounds fun, but I know I'd get my butt whooped. I way like 130lbs and I can count all my ribs. But if I did get in a fight, I would just aim to plant my right fist on their jaw. Doesn't even matter if I do it hard, I'd just do it fast, block any punches to the face, take a punch in the arms or gut, and keep going for the head. Of course, I would fail epically and end up with my teeth wrapped around someone's shoe, but maybe it'd go different for you. :) Oh and if someone punches you and you have quick enough reflexes, grab their wrist and pull them to your side then grab their neck with your other hand and throw them into the ground.

Papa_Smurf
06-11-2008, 09:00 PM
I've never been in a fight before, but I'd never kick someone in the nuts unless they tried something that dishonorable first. In fact no kicking either. Kicking and any sort of blow to the balls is only allowed if you're a girl. Plain ol' fist fight is the only kind of fight I'd want to get in. Well, not want. Actually, I know this sounds weird, but I would like to get in a bunch of fights, sounds fun, but I know I'd get my butt whooped. I way like 130lbs and I can count all my ribs. But if I did get in a fight, I would just aim to plant my right fist on their jaw. Doesn't even matter if I do it hard, I'd just do it fast, block any punches to the face, take a punch in the arms or gut, and keep going for the head. Of course, I would fail epically and end up with my teeth wrapped around someone's shoe, but maybe it'd go different for you. :) Oh and if someone punches you and you have quick enough reflexes, grab their wrist and pull them to your side then grab their neck with your other hand and throw them into the ground.

I haven't wieghed 130 since 7th grade...I've now hit a road block at 170, I can't gain now.

questionful
06-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah, well I just finished 10th! And I'm ~5'10". And I eat a LOT. And I slack a LOT. My metabolism's just weird. :tard:
If I were to punch someone in the face, I'd knock myself backwards!

tech-chan
06-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Easiest fight you will ever fight: Use your shin to do a muay-tai shin kick to the spot right above his knee. Thats the capacronium, a very soft pressure point that can take down almost any man. Then, use your palms to give him a good shove into the ground. Stand over him in a good firm stance so that he can't take you down. Thats the fight right there.

Here's where honor comes in. Offer him your hand and help him up. Tell him that you would rather avoid fighting, but if necessary, you are willing to put someone on the ground. This fight would not involve you breaking his teeth, or hurting him in any way but his pride.

punkncat
06-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Well, IF you have to fight, which I don't suggest at all... Remember swing first, swing hard and don't feel sorry for the other guy.
Keep in mind that some even untrained people are real badasses, and you can get seriously hurt. You can also seriously hurt someone else. It was good advice not to fight over it unless you are willing to go to jail.

A couple of good things that work well if they want to talk smack or get in your face. Forehead straight to the bridge of the nose while lunging forward works well. Will almost always break their nose, and that takes the fight right out of you.
"Knife hand" chop to the throat works great too, just be mindful not to crush their windpipe.
The old walk past and sweep works well if they are not prepared. Go as if you are going to walk up beside, in one quick movement you place your closest leg behind theirs, arm across their shoulders in front of the neck and pull/trip them back and across your leg and you pull them to you. Right as they hit the ground, well placed punch to the nose and well, see above.

If you can gain control of a persons elbow it is hard for them to strike at you, or get away. A light amount of pressure against the top of the hand pushing palm down will give you much control over that arm as well. A light twisting in of that wrist only helps.
Knee strikes are particularly effective, especially if the person is much bigger than or has a longer reach than you. Stomping on the arch of the foot is very painful should they get you in something like a headlock or such.
And as is said before. Teh coin purse is always a weakness.

Hope that you can just discuss this like adults. Sometimes you can't though.

punkncat
06-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Few others...

Grab their collarbone. Yup you heard me right, there is a big bundle of nerves right behind there and its quite painful.

In the webbing between thumb and fingers is a pressure point. If they get ahold of you, reach there and pinch like hell. Their hand will release. Another variation is to frog the top center of the hand in between the bird and ring finger bones. Another pressure point that will cause release.

Under the bicep on the inside of the arm is another effective pinch point, as well as right below the elbow on the forearm in between the two arm bones about two or three inches forward.

Similar point on the thigh, both on the side easily accesible with a knee, and on the front just to the inside center that you can get with a fist. Well placed strikes there will bring a person to their knees.

Right behind and below the ear is a good spot for a finger. Also right below the eye on the ridge of the cheekbone. Usually best if you grab both together in a claw with one hand...

Most of these spots if you practice on yourself feeling for them are easy to locate and quite devistating in effect with minimum effort on your part.

wetwrks
06-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Here is what my father taught me reguarding fights.

If possible, don't fight. There are worse things than being called a coward. Death and jail are two of them.

If possible, never fight on their terms. This means when they want to fight and it means where they want to fight.

There is no such thing as a fair fight. They are going to do what it takes to win. So should you.

This final one is basically a motto I have worked up:

You had better put me down the first time, because if you fail, I won't give you a second chance.

I was the second smallest kid in school so the bullies thought they could make a name for themselves by picking a fight with me. If I could walk away from it, I did. There were plenty I had to fight BUT there wern't any that I had to fight again. More than one ended with the other fellow verbally stating they had had enough.

If you fight, and win, you need to force them to admit their defeat. Verbally. If others are present this serves as a means to keep them from twisting the facts of what the true ending of the fight was.

beam
06-11-2008, 10:37 PM
The thing I've noticed about fights, is there is a whole spectrum of fights.

You've got just your two buddies wrestling up to throwing fists up to guys stomping on a guys face until he not only is unconscious but will require extensive surgery. Those who lose the latter types of fights usually lay there and make this sort of grunting sound.

The thing is...if you expect to have a fight of just throwing a few jabs...you could wake up with your face shattered and your jaw wrapped around the back of your neck.

Bottom line...you better count the cost if you've never been in a fight.

skife
06-11-2008, 10:51 PM
A) Don't fight over anything you are not willing to go to jail over

Lohman, you remind me so much of my uncle its not funny.

OneUp
06-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Well, IF you have to fight, which I don't suggest at all... Remember swing first, swing hard and don't feel sorry for the other guy.
well now that you told him all the fighting tips, he's just going to ignore the "don't fight" part :cuss:

questionful
06-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Oh, another tip. Don't tell people where to hit you in your username. ;)

Pneumagger
06-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Don't Lose.

domeplz
06-12-2008, 12:05 PM
you guys fight hecka dirty

SCpoloRicker
06-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Morans!1

edit:Page 2 Snypah!!1

ThePixelGuru
06-12-2008, 01:04 PM
You shouldn't be fighting unless you have no other option, and if you don't have another option you won't have time to go ask about it on the internets. The fact that you're even here proves that you shouldn't be doing what you're doing.

Get off my internets, please. :rolleyes:

gam-e
06-12-2008, 01:31 PM
I would say if you know the person and it is a friend and you two disagreee, or it was some high school / college drama used to be friend then don't fight them dirty unless they start that business. Best not to burn bridges; time, and beer, can heal much more than you think. The networking aspect never hurts either.

If you really don't know them then don't give them the option to hurt you because thats the name of the game. If you get in real trouble then pick up anything you can. A good stick, a rock, hell a loose brick. I had to use the brick trick on a supervisor that got too familiar before. I wound up in a headlock close to the ground but as soon as I picked up the brick it was over. You more often that not don't even have to use the "weapon" once you have got it. Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of that.

Depending on the location I really don't recommend busting out with a knife or a gun. That equals jail time.

Indignant
06-12-2008, 01:51 PM
punch him until he stops being.

that's right. punch him into OBLIVION.

SCpoloRicker
06-12-2008, 02:02 PM
punch him into OBLIVION.

http://news.filefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/oblivion.jpg

???

snoopay700
06-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Easiest fight you will ever fight: Use your shin to do a muay-tai shin kick to the spot right above his knee. Thats the capacronium, a very soft pressure point that can take down almost any man. Then, use your palms to give him a good shove into the ground. Stand over him in a good firm stance so that he can't take you down. Thats the fight right there.

Here's where honor comes in. Offer him your hand and help him up. Tell him that you would rather avoid fighting, but if necessary, you are willing to put someone on the ground. This fight would not involve you breaking his teeth, or hurting him in any way but his pride.
I must say, that's better advice than i've followed, ended up giving my friend a bloody nose simply because i didn't know about this kind of stuff back then. That was 4th grade, don't think i've been in a fight since.

ScatterPlot
06-12-2008, 05:55 PM
A friend-of-a-friend of mine got into a fight one time. Apparently it was him (a small guy) and one other small guy, maybe a girl- can't really remember. A bunch of bigger guys decided to gang up on him and his friends- I don't know why but I think it was alcohol and middle-finger related.

Long story short the little guys won. He simply showed he was willing to take the fight to that next level. He jumped on one of the bigger guys and bit a chunk of his face off, then spat it back on him.

They backed off.

/never been in a fight either :)

snoopay700
06-12-2008, 09:28 PM
A friend-of-a-friend of mine got into a fight one time. Apparently it was him (a small guy) and one other small guy, maybe a girl- can't really remember. A bunch of bigger guys decided to gang up on him and his friends- I don't know why but I think it was alcohol and middle-finger related.

Long story short the little guys won. He simply showed he was willing to take the fight to that next level. He jumped on one of the bigger guys and bit a chunk of his face off, then spat it back on him.

They backed off.

/never been in a fight either :)
That's just freaking gross man.

ScatterPlot
06-13-2008, 01:26 AM
That's just freaking gross man.

Oh I agree, but I guess it was either that or get the crap beat out of you by some drunk rednecks.

snoopay700
06-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Oh I agree, but I guess it was either that or get the crap beat out of you by some drunk rednecks.
I guess i'm just not willing enough to go that extra mile and bite a chunk out of someone's face. :tard:

I'd much rather win by less dirty methods.

sffudapparel
06-13-2008, 02:26 PM
-fists aren't the most effective. It is made up of lots of little bones that absorb inpact. Look at boxing/ufc for example. How many times do they take a punch? How many times can they take an elbow or a knee and get back up?

Use a more solid part of your body, like zidane taking out that soccer player with his forhead
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/07/11/zidane_narrowweb__300x375,0.jpg

-Most fights are won before the first punch is ever thrown. Look at the way he stands, which hand does he hold farther forward? the other hand is his dominant hand and he'll try to strike you with that one more than his other hand.
-Don't drop your eyes. Like paintball, if you loose your line of sight you have no idea what he's doing.
-DO NOT HIT THEM IN THE NECK OR BACK. If you screw his spine up, you're in jail for a long time.

If you get him on the ground -

-Pull his ears or his mouth. Get a finger inside his mouth but not inside his teeth (duh) and rip to the side.

Like everyone said, don't fight unless you're willing to do time for it. You could also get sued for medical bills.

Hexis
06-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Nuke em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

paintball72
06-15-2008, 01:14 AM
dude it really is not worth it to fight unless you are in clear and present danger. (isnt that a book too) but in middle school i got my face shoved into a locker (cut my forehead hard) and i whiped around (wasnt sure what i was going to do) to see who had shoved me and my elbow conected with his face, the kid had a history with juvy and such but in this case i was seen as the aggressor because i caused more damage. anyway after a bunch of talks with the police and a court hearing the charges where droped on me because my principle talked with the judge and told him that there is no way that i could have done that intentionaly (at the time i was 80lbs and as scrawny as a stick) and also convinced him that the other dude was the aggressor. but that scared the **** out of me and it is not really not worth even the mental stress that that puts you through, not to metion if the charges are presed. so if you get in a fight my advice is let him get a few really good hits on you first and have him OBVIOUSLY start the fight, then take him out. or better yet run away and go play paintball.

OneUp
06-16-2008, 08:47 PM
so it's been a while since the thread started. did you get the crap beaten out of you yet? :D

senghing27
06-18-2008, 11:02 PM
I havent been in a fight since freshman year in High school...
But what I have seen is really effective in to use your hand and slam it right behind their collar bone. If done right, you can bring them down just like that...

But like others have said... Just avoid it.

bryceeden
06-19-2008, 12:24 PM

This is the second best advise here, don't fight being first. Basically just knock them down or use pressure points and nerve bundles and walk away or whatever. If you have to fight beyond a simple knockdown/quick end with no damage done for whatever reason then fight dirty because your probably going to leave in hand cuffs anyway.

ThePixelGuru
06-19-2008, 02:34 PM
so it's been a while since the thread started. did you get the crap beaten out of you yet? :D
I guess there's no internet connection in the ICU...

Mikey B
06-19-2008, 03:27 PM
I guess there's no internet connection in the ICU...

lol

Bang and Breach
06-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Keep powdered bleach in a zip-lock bag in your pocket.
Figure it out.

coyote
06-21-2008, 12:04 PM
You had better be prepared to take 1 of 3 rides after a fight...

Jail
Hospital
Morgue

Those are the real facts of the situation. I have taken 2 of those rides. I have spent more than 20 years involved in sport fighting and martial arts. A fight has serious, dangerous, long term consequences.

You are posting on an internet board, so you are planning to get in a fight. Get yourself under control. You need to use your head and your mouth to avoid the conflict. Your ego isn't your friend in these situations. Enlist whatever help is necessary to avoid violence.

No techniques or tactics your read on an internet forum will be any real help. You are acting like a boy. Be a man and resolve things without putting yourself and others in danger.

FIST2CUFF
06-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Nuke em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Good one!!

edweird
06-26-2008, 11:24 PM
don't tense up and remember to breathe

skyless
06-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Only way the be ready to defend your self is to practice. Go get some boxing gloves and some buddies, and beat the crap out of each other for a few days. You will at least learn how to dodge and take some punches and how to aim you hits. Hope you dont get hurt too bad.

GoatBoy
06-27-2008, 01:33 AM
Hrm. Lots of... interesting advice in this thread.

Practicing with a bunch of other people who don't know what the Hell they're doing isn't going to help you much. The only thing it might do is help you get over the initial shock of getting hit, particularly in the face.

I do not advise getting into any street fight whatsoever. I'm not going to feed you any lectures about morality or any holier than thou bullcrap. I'll give you the reality. There are too many variables to deal with. Everything around you becomes a weapon. A pen, a set of keys, a chopstick, a cell phone, a belt, even a piece of string, all become weapons. The biggest weapon is going to be... drumroll please... the ground. I believe most fatalities in street fights occur not because of the initial blow -- it's because the guy fell down, didn't know how to break his fall, and hit his head on the ground.

There's also the buddy factor. You might be beating the first guy up, but his buddy comes from behind and donkey punches you. Incidentally, this is how the police operate. They operate purely by force of numbers and not by individual skill.

If you do wind up in a situation (you shouldn't let that happen though), I still recommend a purely defensive posture. Hold your hands up in front of you, almost like a Frankenstein saying, "Hey, I don't want any part of this". Your hands are now your feelers. If anything is going to hit you, it either has to go through your hands, in which case you have plenty of time to feel it coming and react, or it's going to be an outside haymaker, which is really easy to spot and should technically be out of range anyways if your hands are forward. Maintain your distance and do not let him hit you. If he gets within range of your hands, it's time to back up or circle left or right. Just do nothing but this. Do not engage him. Do not engage him. Do not engage him. The only thing you have to really be worried about is not letting him actually grab your hand/arms, which is easy enough to prevent. Maybe he'll try to bum rush you and tackle you, and in that case maybe you'll want to learn how to sprawl.

This will frustrate the Hell out of him, but he will also tire himself out after throwing a bunch of wild shots like most people do and missing all of them. Even boxers and kickboxers do this sometimes when they know they're outmatched, and it frustrates their opponents to no end to have to fight someone that doesn't want to fight.

Again, nothing to do with morality or "being a man" or whatever. It's just too many variables to deal with.

Target Practice
06-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Haha, oh man, you guys can't be serious.

C_losjoker
06-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Ok i was not going to post a reply but had to. Far as kicking someone mauy tai style, bad advise. its hard enough to plan a good kick when you have some sort of training. if you missed the kick, taking his knee out instead. guess what you just bought yourself some prison or at least a very heavy hospital bill. Same thing with the hand chop to the side of the neck. Very, very easy to do some serious damage there. I dont know about the laws where you are. But I believe in California that type of strike is ilegal and get you in big time trouble. plus again you could be looking at paying his bill or supporting him for the rest of his life.

serious just walk away, unless the guy is coming at you already, threat to you or somebody you care about just not worth it. I always said defense always wins it, make sure you cover your face. dont drop your hands down trying to look like a bad ***, keep them up. and make sure you keep your elbown in and tight to the body. elbows are always great for covering and protecting your ribs and sides. plus if the guy takes a shot at you there, if you are fast enough you can bring your elbows down on his hand or arms, that he will feel. thats my two cents.
joker

Lohman446
06-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Although I will agree with the sentiments that you should walk away whenever possible I disagree that defense wins.

Understand though thats from a Kenpo background, we barely even considered the concept of defense.

On defense you are at the disadvantage, you are reacting to the other persons attacks. You have to be 100% or eventually they are going to get through those defenses effectively and things are going to compound. One good swing overcomes ten good blocks.

Once the other person has become a serious threatt you cannot escape from stop that threat as quickly and effectively as possible, with whatever weapon(s) you have available. And trust me, even unarmed I can look around and find a weapon.

Again, if its not worth going to jail over its not worth fighting for.

GoatBoy
06-28-2008, 02:15 AM
Although I will agree with the sentiments that you should walk away whenever possible I disagree that defense wins.

Understand though thats from a Kenpo background, we barely even considered the concept of defense.

On defense you are at the disadvantage, you are reacting to the other persons attacks. You have to be 100% or eventually they are going to get through those defenses effectively and things are going to compound. One good swing overcomes ten good blocks.

Once the other person has become a serious threatt you cannot escape from stop that threat as quickly and effectively as possible, with whatever weapon(s) you have available. And trust me, even unarmed I can look around and find a weapon.

Again, if its not worth going to jail over its not worth fighting for.

It actually doesn't surprise me that a kenpo guy doesn't much believe in defense :)

I know you guys like simultaneous block-strikes, but there are other options. You don't have to respond to a strike with a strike; that just leads to the monkey slapping scene in Night at the Museum. You don't even have to respond to a strike with a block. You can just respond by just backing away. Work on that ol' footwork.

Lohman446
06-28-2008, 05:06 AM
I did point out escape is almost always the best idea though :) .

If you're going to block, block the elbows / knees from the outside in. It will lessen the blow, and if done right be a very effective offensive move. Then again, its overly complicated and harder to do than you would think. I know that in offense / defense drills that ran over 60 seconds I never saw offense fail to score a hit.

OneUp
06-28-2008, 08:31 AM
guys.

he hasn't been posting here in a long long time.

you're probably giving fighting tips to a dead guy. :shooting:

maxama10
06-28-2008, 05:48 PM
help an old priest tunnel out of a prison and in turn have him teach you knife fighting techniques

good luck