PDA

View Full Version : Computer question

Papa_Smurf
06-11-2008, 06:45 PM
What motherboard is in this computer?
It's a dell, and I've posted a picture of the case in hopes of that helping.
Thanks guys!

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd283/papa_smurf_ao/computer2.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd283/papa_smurf_ao/computer1.jpg

Hexis
06-11-2008, 08:28 PM
What's the model number?

Papa_Smurf
06-11-2008, 08:29 PM
What's the model number?

Where would I find that?

Hexis
06-11-2008, 08:36 PM
There should be a service tag on it somewhere that identifies the model and service tag. The service tag will uniquely identify the machine and the build options. The model name and number should also appear on the front on some sort of badge.

Papa_Smurf
06-11-2008, 08:58 PM
There should be a service tag on it somewhere that identifies the model and service tag. The service tag will uniquely identify the machine and the build options. The model name and number should also appear on the front on some sort of badge.

That's a problem. This computer was never really made. We have a tenant that does QC work for Dell and this unit got kicked early because the case got dented. There is no sticker like that anywhere. :tard:

Hexis
06-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Well, the picture is pretty hard to tell, but it looks like a Dell specific format. I don't think it's a standard ATX board or anything that would be easy to replace.

Papa_Smurf
06-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Well, the picture is pretty hard to tell, but it looks like a Dell specific format. I don't think it's a standard ATX board or anything that would be easy to replace.

ok, Thanks man! :cheers:

punkncat
06-11-2008, 10:09 PM
The case looks a lot like a Dimension series.

I couldn't tell if there was any Ram in there, but you could kind of reverse lookup off the ram and see if it can give you an idea of what kind of processor and whatnot it is.
The Dell service area of thier website is pretty good. You might even be able to cross search some of the numbers directly off the existing mobo to see what it is.

I was going to suggest service tag as well...lol

Papa_Smurf
06-12-2008, 08:59 AM
:cry:
The case looks a lot like a Dimension series.

I couldn't tell if there was any Ram in there, but you could kind of reverse lookup off the ram and see if it can give you an idea of what kind of processor and whatnot it is.
The Dell service area of thier website is pretty good. You might even be able to cross search some of the numbers directly off the existing mobo to see what it is.

I was going to suggest service tag as well...lol

There is no ram, or processor...

MournBlade
06-12-2008, 04:33 PM
The motherboard model number is usually stamped between the PCI slots.

Dewok82
06-14-2008, 12:21 AM
This may very well help you out:
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

EDIT: nvm - I didn't realize the machine was presently inoperable.

pmstc
06-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Can't tell from the resolution of the pic, but dell does generally make up their own form factors. Post a better pic and I might be able to tell you more about the mobo.

robnix
06-14-2008, 11:23 AM
That's a problem. This computer was never really made. We have a tenant that does QC work for Dell and this unit got kicked early because the case got dented. There is no sticker like that anywhere. :tard:
There's no model on the power button?