PDA

View Full Version : Some newbie questions

belligerentruth
06-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Well I am trading my marker for a EuroXmag. I really want to be part of the mag community but I've never had the chance to shoot or even handle one.

All that being said I tend to like to go 'big' when I start a project like this. So are there any upgrades I should consider other than a sick ano?

I know it has non-ule lowers and was told that was a matter of preference - is this true or should I definitely pick up ULE lowers before i ship it off to ano?

I also assume with it being euro milled I'm not going to want to mill it too much (or at all) - true/false?

Again, this is a testament to how little I know but should I have it pneumodded? Do all Xmags have the ULT? Aren't pneumatics superior to the ULT?

Lastly - I heard eyes were a very contested upgrades to Xmags and a lot of mag enthusiasts hate them. Should I give them a look or am I better off without them.

So there are my questions. I like to make 'ultimate' markers and when I'm done and learn more about mags I don't want to be kicking myself because people are saying "wow, that's a sick mag, if it only had XXXX it would be perfect"

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Mike

punkncat
06-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Wow, lots of questions there....

Get the marker in hand and decide what you like and dislike.
The marker is more valuable unmilled as the "euro" is hard to find.
The Xmag will come with an emag on/off so that it can work both in "E" and mech mode. As far as I understand you will not be able to use a ULT, as it will not kick back with enough force to reset the noid in "E" mode.

Having the lowers ULE'ed is just a matter of milling, or you can purchase lowers that are already done.

I am not 100% sure, I am certain someone else will clarify. As far as I know all Xmags came with an ACE system. It is not uncommon for them to have quit working, and IMHO is really not needed if your LX is tuned properly.

The only "upgrade" I can think of is to slap a locking feedneck on if it doesn't already have one, and maybe try to find a trigger you like. Between the two that I know about they are both hard to find used and I am not sure if the fireblade is available new again or not..there was some post about it....anyway.

Enjoy your new Xmag.

belligerentruth
06-12-2008, 11:32 AM
The only "upgrade" I can think of is to slap a locking feedneck on if it doesn't already have one, and maybe try to find a trigger you like. Between the two that I know about they are both hard to find used and I am not sure if the fireblade is available new again or not..there was some post about it....anyway.

It has a locking feedneck, tunablade, and CPASA

punkncat
06-12-2008, 11:33 AM
It has a locking feedneck, tunablade, and CPASA

Well heck, you are done then....lol

:clap:

Just out of curiousity what did you trade for this?

sandfreestyle
06-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Im woundering the same thing

belligerentruth
06-12-2008, 11:41 AM
I am getting the EuroXmag, an upped mini, and a $500.00 all black mech mag for:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2702/dscn0043ht8.th.jpg (http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0043ht8.jpg)

04 Immortal Viking
Tadao
Robtown
SCM III
Sidewinder
AKA ASA
Quad Detents
Clamping Feedneck
Dye Ultralite w/ 688 back (14/16 inch tips)
12 inch proto tip ano'd to match
Dark Seoul Transparent blue grips
DC Boltpin
JMJ Nervous Trigger - Ano'd to match

Custom milling:

DC Grip Frame Diet
DC Grip Frame Dovetail
DC CUSTOM Milling to crack and front of gun ($200.00 Value)
DC Hidden Pocket Mill
DC Tray Mill
DC Noid Mill

Custom Top-to-bottom Finish/color Fade ($400.00 Value - Gruntbull Anodizing)

and a brand new Magna with a virtuecrown speedfeed

sandfreestyle
06-12-2008, 11:46 AM
I have a feeling I may know who is making the trade. If it is who I think it is, you wont be disappointed.

pk5
06-12-2008, 12:16 PM
somehow that sound like a tach one aka addiction

punkncat
06-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Nevermind, I went back and looked at the thread again.....

:wow:

sandfreestyle
06-12-2008, 12:36 PM
somehow that sound like a tach one aka addiction
i dont think a tach would trade any kind of xmag. i think it is omeone else

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
06-12-2008, 12:41 PM
i was thinking of getting my mag faded the way the vik is... wish i had seen this before because i would have done it... that top to bottom fade looks great.... dam it.... :cuss: ..

great trade... :hail:

06-12-2008, 05:15 PM
I love the Vike, but I still think your coming out way ahead in this deal

paint magnet
06-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah I second that...I would have said gun for gun if the Euro XMag is in good condition.

mostpeople
06-12-2008, 06:50 PM
thirded you are getting an F'ing awesome deal there.. tell us about the black mechmag?

Geronimo7
06-12-2008, 07:38 PM
ooohhhh... so much to say, just not enought brain power to type it all :eek:

/the masses will sort this out :spit_take

belligerentruth
06-13-2008, 12:20 PM
The mag:

ULE Body
XValve
ULT
Logic 90* v2
mm/mm rail
Bike Grip
cp on/off

The mini:

R.I bolt
R.I Scalloped Trigger
Killa magnetic detents

sandfreestyle
06-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Take the trade. It is a good one.

trevorjk
06-13-2008, 12:34 PM
the trade is a good one,

the euro x-mag can pull in 1200 or so, the mech mag could get you 400ish, and the mini will get you 275ish.

so your looking at around 2grand easy if you decide to sell the 3 guns.

rkjunior303
06-15-2008, 10:29 AM
keep the immortal.

efficency on the mags are horrible, they kick like a mule, tough on paint (brittle paint even with level X? ha!) and im sorry but lvl10 will never be as good as eyes. and honestly, i bet the immortal is lighter and shoots so much smoother.

seriously. this is coming from someone who's owned both.

Spencer
06-15-2008, 11:15 AM
keep the immortal.

efficency on the mags are horrible, they kick like a mule, tough on paint (brittle paint even with level X? ha!) and im sorry but lvl10 will never be as good as eyes. and honestly, i bet the immortal is lighter and shoots so much smoother.

seriously. this is coming from someone who's owned both.

Mag effeciency is horrible, people say its not bad but its not horrible.. Well I don't know of any markers that use that much air.. but who cares I mean just refill..

Kick like a mule? NO

Toungh on paint? How do you figure? The lvl 10 bolt moved at somewhere around or below 10 fps and the preech pressure is only 60-80psi

Yea since eyes can get dirtly or have a pinched wire and your screwed versus. The lvl working always..

I doubt the immortal is lighter..

paint magnet
06-15-2008, 12:16 PM
The Viking will be more efficient but I have never heard anyone say Mags kicked...in fact low recoil has always been a selling point of Mags.

I've owned an 02 Viking and several Mags...neither one was really smoother than the other. The Viking was faster than the mech mags and more efficient but it also had a larger profile.

If it were gun for gun I would say keep the Viking but with all the extra stuff he's getting he's coming out way ahead in the trade.

rkjunior303
06-15-2008, 02:25 PM
if he plays tournaments, you'll never be able to shoot anything like ultra evil or hellfire out of the mag... bleeeender..

Spencer
06-15-2008, 02:38 PM
if he plays tournaments, you'll never be able to shoot anything like ultra evil or hellfire out of the mag... bleeeender..

Not true... It uses the same breech pressure as almost all other markers out there 60-80psi