PDA

View Full Version : 2 for dinner please

Warwitch
06-12-2008, 04:30 PM
If you could have any two people, living or dead, over for dinner who would you choose?

Personally it would be Leonardo Da Vinci and Bruce Lee. Both pretty much because of what could be learned from them. Id really like to hear the dialogue between them as a matter of fact. I doubt Id have much to add to the conversaton though. :rolleyes:

questionful
06-12-2008, 06:17 PM
issac newton and albert einstein. just to see the look on newtons face when einstein tells him about light. :) Poor dude's head would probably explode.

thahouse
06-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Id have to say Nikola Tesla and Albert Einstein.

gimp
06-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Dimebag Darrell and my girlfriend. :headbang:

acropilot19
06-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Jimmy Doolittle & Bob Hoover.
:)
Two Pioneers of Aviation who were (and still are) war heros, daredevils, & trailblazers. Out in front on the ragged edge. The two best pilots who ever lived.
:hail:
...Dear Lord, the stories they would tell...

snoopay700
06-12-2008, 10:49 PM
If you could have any two people, living or dead, over for dinner who would you choose?

Personally it would be Leonardo Da Vinci and Bruce Lee. Both pretty much because of what could be learned from them. Id really like to hear the dialogue between them as a matter of fact. I doubt Id have much to add to the conversaton though. :rolleyes:
Damn, that's a really good combo right there, i would love to have them over. Hmm, i suppose Albert Einstein would be a good pick. I'll get back to you on this.

Storminnorman
06-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Bob Marley and Jimi Hendrix. When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will be at peace.

snoopay700
06-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Bob Marley and Jimi Hendrix. When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will be at peace.
So by that logic, peace is unattainable. ;) There's always some SOB who loves power.

kosmo
06-13-2008, 02:10 AM
Jesus and Mohammed. And everything served would be pork.

questionful
06-13-2008, 02:41 AM
Jesus, Kosmo! Er--I mean, geez. . .

Also, I think Beethoven and Stravinsky would be kinda interesting. I don't think they'd get along, hehe.

Ooh, Antonin Dvorak and. . . hm. Yeah, Dvorak and Beethoven would be good. Probably better than Stravinsky. That guy was just a really talented punk.

lather
06-13-2008, 04:43 AM
US Grant and Robert E Lee

If they were unable to attend due to other commitments then I'd be okay with Scarlett Johanson and Eva Mendes as back up guests.

Warwitch
06-13-2008, 04:52 PM
issac newton and albert einstein. just to see the look on newtons face when einstein tells him about light. :) Poor dude's head would probably explode.

While a good choice, I think it would be wasted since you (I :tard: ) wouldnt understand much of what they were talking about.

Eatem Alive
06-13-2008, 05:01 PM
George Washington

and

Either Meriwether Lewis or William Clark

questionful
06-13-2008, 05:52 PM
While a good choice, I think it would be wasted since you (I :tard: ) wouldnt understand much of what they were talking about.
Well. . . not once they get going. But Einstein's going to have to explain everything to Newton from scratch, while I have at least a blurry idea of the big picture. Newton doesn't know S***!!

Warwitch
06-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Well. . . not once they get going. But Einstein's going to have to explain everything to Newton from scratch, while I have at least a blurry idea of the big picture. Newton doesn't know S***!!

And yet strangly enough, Einstein would still have to thank Newton for paving the road. :p

going_home
06-13-2008, 08:33 PM

Dana Carvey did a hilarious bit this afternoon on the Dennis Miller radio show.
He did Obama talking to Schwarzenegger .
I almost drove off the road .

:rofl:

snoopay700
06-13-2008, 11:19 PM
I would love that combonation because i could talk about everything i know and have down pat with newton and talk about stuff that i know a lot about with einstein, along with other stuff that i don't grasp quite as well. Actually, replace newton with Michio Kaku, then i could learn more about string theory from him than i already know.

Warwitch
06-14-2008, 05:18 PM
I would love that combonation because i could talk about everything i know and have down pat with newton and talk about stuff that i know a lot about with einstein, along with other stuff that i don't grasp quite as well. Actually, replace newton with Michio Kaku, then i could learn more about string theory from him than i already know.

Good things come in strings: cheese, theories, paintballs.....

Ninjeff
06-14-2008, 10:42 PM

Brilliant.

questionful
06-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Forgot G's.

J_Kizzy
06-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Tupac Shakur and Christopher Wallace. If you need to ask why, I suggest you bite a curb. If Pac is busy, I wouldn't mind breaking bread with Russell Jones; the guy was amazing.

Warwitch
06-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Forgot G's.

DOH! How could I forget G-strings? Good catch Q.

Tupac Shakur and Christopher Wallace. If you need to ask why, I suggest you bite a curb. If Pac is busy, I wouldn't mind breaking bread with Russell Jones; the guy was amazing.

.......really? I mean, Pac was a brilliant mind no doubt. But given all of history to choose from I find that a little "meh". But to each his own right?

( And no need to get all millitant on us about it. Curb biting and bleach drinking belong on the Nation. ;) )

Papa_Smurf
06-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Nikola Tesla and Bruce Springsteen

robnix
06-16-2008, 09:36 AM

Anthony Bourdain and Rachel Ray....with a LOT of booze on hand.

Smoothice
06-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Wow. Just cause people are old doesn't make them interesting. Most of these dinner parties sound pretty boring.

Does my wife have to attend?

If not lets get Marilyn Monroe and Jenna Jammison together.

Bound to be a good time

acropilot19
06-19-2008, 09:55 PM
.......really? I mean, Pac was a brilliant mind no doubt. But given all of history to choose from I find that a little "meh". But to each his own right?

( And no need to get all millitant on us about it. Curb biting and bleach drinking belong on the Nation. ;) )

:confused: :confused:

Just what about that dude was brilliant??? :tard: Talented? Maybe. But putting a few words together that sound alike is hardly "Brilliant". Dr. Seuss was much better at it, and the world actually benefitted from his talents.

J_Kizzy
06-19-2008, 11:43 PM
:confused: :confused:

Just what about that dude was brilliant??? :tard: Talented? Maybe. But putting a few words together that sound alike is hardly "Brilliant". Dr. Seuss was much better at it, and the world actually benefitted from his talents.

How are modern day lyricists any different than the poets of the past?

kosmo
06-20-2008, 02:30 AM
Theyre not, they all suck.

Bang and Breach
06-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Kevin M. Johnson and Maddie McCann