PDA

View Full Version : don't buy toshiba laptops

skife
06-13-2008, 09:11 AM
I bought mine about a year ago, worked great the whole time. about 1:30 AM the LCD decides to take a **** and stops working. I get on toshiba's website and it just so happens that my warrenty expired on the 12'th of june 2008.

really convenient huh?
I tried talking to their support and the best thing they can do for me is have me mail it in, I wait 7-10 days and pay $425. I paid $700 for the laptop last year, I'm not dumping another $400 into it.

So yeah, Don't buy toshiba stuff, it fails just after warranty

thecavemankevin
06-13-2008, 09:45 AM
does it just not light up anymore? If so then it is likely just the LCD power inverter. A new one can be had off ebay for the 50-80 range. It is pretty easy to install. just take off the LCD screen bezzle and you should see it below the LCD. Just make sure you take the battery out of the laptop and have it unplugged when changing out the old for the new.

skife
06-13-2008, 01:35 PM
does it just not light up anymore? If so then it is likely just the LCD power inverter. A new one can be had off ebay for the 50-80 range. It is pretty easy to install. just take off the LCD screen bezzle and you should see it below the LCD. Just make sure you take the battery out of the laptop and have it unplugged when changing out the old for the new.

thats what a few of my friends say too.

I got them to cover it under warranty though, I have to take it in to their certified tech place on monday and they will see if its not physical damage, if it is, they won't cover it, anything else then they will.

I kinda had to lie to them and tell them that it broke the day before though

little white lie saved me ALOT of money

neppo1345
06-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Dell sent a tech to my house to replace my LCD the next day...

Then again, I did pay out the wazoo for their 'super warranty'