PDA

View Full Version : I want my mag speedball legal what would it take

shooker8
06-14-2008, 09:07 PM
what would it take to make my mag speedball legal? I got x-valve, lvl 10, ule body, Intelliframe, and ultra light barrel with fronts and backs. I was looking to make it legal. I have a cocker but like the mag better :cool:. So is there any mods i can do to make it speedball legal with out milling the gun itself? Or if i have to mill the gun itself can it be sent to someone who knows what their doing. I want mags to visit the speedball fields again :shooting:

Ruler_Mark
06-14-2008, 09:27 PM
what would it take to make my mag speedball legal? I got x-valve, lvl 10, ule body, Intelliframe, and ultra light barrel with fronts and backs. I was looking to make it legal. I have a cocker but like the mag better :cool:. So is there any mods i can do to make it speedball legal with out milling the gun itself? Or if i have to mill the gun itself can it be sent to someone who knows what their doing. I want mags to visit the speedball fields again :shooting:

dont use a adjustable tank so it wont RT and you should be fine since its 1 trigger pull 1 ball.

questionful
06-14-2008, 11:07 PM
You will never need to mill an X-valve.
You can have an adjustable tank, just adjust it to an output pressure that won't give you RT, so 800 or less, depends on your tank's flow.

Also, you could get a ULT. Then you just use the right number of shims so it won't RT.

Or you could pneumag it, e-pneumag it, or devilmag it.

Hgblues
06-15-2008, 12:22 AM
E pneu it for sure. Can do that mod without chopping the body , or even the rail. Electro means you control how fast it shoots, and no illegal trigger bounce.

BigEvil
06-15-2008, 05:21 AM
Why wouldnt your mag be speedball legal? If it's not shooting one shot per pull, then that means someone has been screwing with it. Set it back to AGD specs and it will be fine.

questionful
06-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Why wouldnt your mag be speedball legal? If it's not shooting one shot per pull, then that means someone has been screwing with it. Set it back to AGD specs and it will be fine.
RT? My field allows RT, but I've heard others don't.

BigEvil
06-15-2008, 12:11 PM
RT? My field allows RT, but I've heard others don't.

Usually the guns come new without any bounce, minimal at worst.

DevilMan
06-15-2008, 12:32 PM
WOW!!! I mean I know there are different formats to compete in and such and they all have their different rules, but really.... RT is not legal??? It's still one shot one pull... it just pushes the trigger back out against your finger and if you apply enough force to it then it is still one shot one pull and just stops when you pull it in. NOW if you are talking about adjusting it so that it does not go full auto with the trigger pulled all the way back against the stops then YES I would think that would be illegal. As the ONLY mode the gun can shoot in would be full auto. But finding the sweetspot between the 2 places isn't/shouldn't be illegal is it???

DM

athomas
06-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Going full auto is illegal at most fields. The retro kick back effect is not. A lot of fields have a misunderstanding of what the AGD reactive trigger is. The misunderstanding comes from the tippman reactive triggers that go full auto.

shooker8
06-16-2008, 09:33 PM
E pneu is the way I'm going thanks guys. Got to shoot high end electros up with a mech come on

will123
06-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Newb question. What do you guys mean when you say RT?
Is it somthing to do with how much pressure u use?

athomas
06-22-2008, 06:06 PM
RT = response trigger

If the trigger kicks back with more force than it takes to pull it, then it is a response trigger. Some systems like this are so extreme that you can hold a just enough pressure on the trigger to activate it and allow the response action to kick the trigger back and bounce it off your finger for another trigger pull. Holding your trigger like this on these systems allows for full auto firing.

MANN
06-22-2008, 08:09 PM
To get a marker "tourney legal" you have to have a few things

1 a "lock" on your velocity adjustor. most guns have this built in. This means you cannot adjust your velocity without tools. If your marker uses an allen wrench to adjust your velocity you are good to go. If you have a thumb screw for your velocity you will not be allowed to play.

2 a "lock" on your electronics. Most current electros have this, but all of them dont. For an emag you need a jumper. cheap electros and older electros may or may not have this. It is usually an jumper or switch located under your grip that you cannot access during play.

3 No bounce. IE one pull of the trigger = one shot from your marker (really just 1 registered pull). If you have ramping/ other modes you will know that 4 trigger pulls does not equal 4 balls out the end of the barrel. But none the less you cannot have your electro shooting "out of control" thus no bounce.

4 No RT effect. The reason for this is due to the fact that most markers with the rt effect can be sweet spotted. IE you can hold your trigger half way down and geet a high rof.

Before a tournament a ref can check your marker. he will take it, and shoot it a few times. He will also hit it/ shake it to make sure that it will not fire on its own. sometimes a very light trigger will fire just by shaking the marker. This is not allowed.

I am suree I missed some points, but overall this is a good place for you to start. If you are going to to with AGD and a tourney marker I would suggest a Emag or a diy epneu frame. I have seen both that are 100% tourney legal.

just my .02

dstud2000
06-23-2008, 07:35 AM
maybe not as fun but a classic valve should be tourney legal. Also I would think a an xvalve with a properly tuned ULT kit installed would pass any tests for 1 shot 1 pull.

shooker8
06-23-2008, 05:59 PM
would a pneumag work fine? not epneumag?

MANN
06-23-2008, 06:06 PM
would a pneumag work fine? not epneumag?

as long as there is no bounce.