PDA

View Full Version : pneumag a stock frame?

mfaded
06-15-2008, 12:29 PM
anyone ever make a pneumag with a stock, single-trigger AGD composite frame?

is there enough room in there?

Thanks for any help :cheers:

Hilltop Customs
06-15-2008, 04:00 PM
I was thinking about it, probably have to cut out almost all of the top half of the frame....specifically right above the grip cover screw hole. Another problem is going to be mounting the ram, because unlike an intelli you cant just pinch it in the top of the frame with a couple set screws. Another point, the activation rod going from the back of the trigger to the 3 way will have to be angled, or the 3 way will have to be mounted up high, close to the ram.

all in all, i think it would be easier and better looking to find a single trigger aluminum frame. Might be able to get an old cocker slide trigger frame to work :shooting:

MagModderMatt
06-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Hilltop is right, The CF bodys are not hollow they have as much material to keep them durrable. The frame would need to literaly ULE'd and that would make it weak.. You also have a VERY thin amount of space to work with, they have like nothin to work with. On another note, I remember when I modded my CF grip frame to take a double trigger with my dremmel, worked out fine but I found that when you heat the carbonfiber up it gets like rubber, I had to use a hand file to take off the melted edges. If you want to Pneu a single trigger frame, I guess I would go with a Benchmark's single trigger 45* grip frame Click Here to see (http://www.proteamdirect.com/pros45framfo.html)
If you can find an intelliframe (if they make them) & I dont think they do. You can Pneu a Benchmark. I gotta ask though Why pneu a single trigger grip frame? the whole idea is to "walk or fan" the double/blade trigger. On the other hand, if you chuff ALOT then I would understand the need to go pneumatic, you would have 0% on/off chuff.
Pro teams benchmark is your best choice for single (ppl corect me if Im wrong)
DYE does make a single trigger frame that may work, I see them on Ebay every now and then.
thats my opinion, Hope it answered your Q's and helped with some ideas. Goodluck,
Matt