PDA

View Full Version : to ReTro or not???

hamblin
01-21-2002, 06:40 PM
i have an old mag with a few mods...is it worth the money to upgrade?im an casual player,play about 2 times a month...but hate gettin blasted by 12 year olds with electro paint chuckers...should i get a rt or keep mine with a new ReTro valve????also what mods will make my gun have less shootdown?i have a 8 hole charger which helped..

virus
01-21-2002, 06:54 PM
if you get a retro the only way you will get shoot down is if your air lines are blocked, you are running out of air, or the reg on your hpa tank cant keep up with a high rate of fire

the only other thing is the retro valve is hpa only no co2 for this bad boy

gibby
01-21-2002, 08:44 PM
I barely recieved my RT Valve last Friday but had the great opportunity to play with it yesterday, Sunday. Let me tell you...that thing, along with the Intelliframe, makes your gun feel like a totally different gun!!! I kid you not!

I would definitely encourage anyone who is looking to put new life into their Automag to buy this. I was amazed at what the valve was able to do. It was the difference between "night and day".

Get it, you'll love it! =)

hamblin
01-21-2002, 09:07 PM
i have a warp on the way...which i need a p/f body for.and if i get a retro valve,that should be good for the average player??

hamblin
01-21-2002, 09:14 PM
i've had my mag for 5 years..never had problem,oil it and shoot...rebuild twice a year...think i will retro and inteli feed..will my old 9volt revey keep up?(linked to frame???)

gibby
01-21-2002, 11:38 PM
Actually, I forgot to mention that after getting the RT Valve, I noticed that my 9v revvy couldn't keep up. The valve plus the intelliframe most certainly tempted you to shoot more. It just felt so great! So my next purchase will be a new revvy...and I thought I could give my wallet a rest! YEAH RIGHT! ;)

virus
01-22-2002, 03:55 AM
with the intellifeed hookup to the 9v... it should keep up.....

if you want to upgrade it..... look into getting a new paddle and a xboard for it instead and save some cash......

both of those items should be under $25 (depending on the paddle ya get) after shipping... as for where to get the paddle i have seen a link on this fourm for a site that has hopper parts but i dont remember it offhand and i'm sure someone here will post it for you in ya cant find it with a search

gibby
01-22-2002, 10:32 AM
Thanks Virus, I'll most certainly give that a try first before laying down more cash for a new revvy. =)

Drizit
01-22-2002, 10:54 AM
if your thinking new rev, perhaps think now halo, up to you though. also one way i found to kill off all the shoot down in my mag was to gut the reg, and use a maxflow (when i had one) to control the pressure it works realy well. for one the max flow is a very high flow reg, it's also very consistant(+-5fps when i used this setup.) but it's still not as good as a retro, and unless you already have an adjustible system the retro is cheeper (although you may find you want one after you get the retro so you can play with the tirgger feel).
have fun.

SkElL~ObIsSiS
01-22-2002, 12:53 PM
Hey peeps,
I can outshoot my 9 volt with a stock mag, so i upgraded and got an x-board with an evil proppeler from www.dropzonepaintball.com www.dropzonepaintball.com (http://www.dropzonepaintball.com) ,i also have a 2x benchy, now i can really rip on my mag :)

hamblin
01-22-2002, 10:23 PM
thanks,that helps,smart money=awsome mag!!!