PDA

View Full Version : Can you bounce with a remote line??

griml2eaper
06-18-2008, 09:46 PM
I have a stock tac one (no ULT) and run it with a remote line, I was wondering if any of you know how I can bounce my Tac with a remote?

Twistedpsyche
06-18-2008, 09:49 PM
The same way you would without. It hasn't made a difference on mine at all.

griml2eaper
06-18-2008, 10:25 PM
The same way you would without. It hasn't made a difference on mine at all.

Which reg and tank are you using?

questionful
06-19-2008, 12:32 AM
It will probably reduce bounce a little bit. I'm not speaking from experience though. Anyway, if it does give you problems, you could look into a volumizer, such as run the remote into a foregrip with lots of volume. An expansion chamber might be overkill, though not that overkill would matter unless you don't like expansion chambers. I have one and I opened it up and it's big in there.

SCpoloRicker
06-19-2008, 11:10 AM
questionful, increasing the air volume doesn't affect reactivity. Increasing the air pressure is what causes the RT effect.

As for remotes, I seem to recall the rated burst pressure being fairly low on the hoses themselves. If you try and run very high pressure from the tank, you may rupture the hose.

Simply put, I would not recommend it.

cerrik
06-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Something tells me that if your running at high enough pressure to rupture a remote hose, you can kiss your macro line goodbye way before that. Of course if your using steel braided then this argument is nada. :D

SCpoloRicker
06-19-2008, 11:39 AM
re: macro vs remote

I thought of that, but I seem to remember remotes being rate to ~850 psi. I know that frozen CO2 could cause ruptures back in the day.

questionful
06-19-2008, 11:39 AM
questionful, increasing the air volume doesn't affect reactivity. Increasing the air pressure is what causes the RT effect.

As for remotes, I seem to recall the rated burst pressure being fairly low on the hoses themselves. If you try and run very high pressure from the tank, you may rupture the hose.

Simply put, I would not recommend it.
I thought he was asking if the remote would restrict flow so much that it would lower the RT. Think of how long a remote is when it's uncoiled, and how narrow it is. A volumizer would provide a larger volume of high pressure air, so the input psi would drop more slowly than it would if the valve had to draw from the small volume of slow-recharging air in the remote.

Spider-TW
06-19-2008, 12:02 PM
My coil remote hose is rated for 2000psi. I have an 'inline' max-flo bottle reg that works well enough to get me in trouble with the refs. Being adjustable helps the rate control a lot and probably covers up any pressure loss in the hose. It initially took a lot of maintenance, but has been behaving well lately.

You have to use the feel of the trigger to tell you how much pressure is in the bottle on your back though. The reactivity fades and stops as the bottle nears 1000 psi, indicating it's time to plan your exit.

You can shim the standard RT or X-valve on/off so that it will bounce at normal pressures, but idk about the controllability of it or bolt wear issues (if any).

griml2eaper
06-19-2008, 09:29 PM
My coil remote hose is rated for 2000psi. I have an 'inline' max-flo bottle reg that works well enough to get me in trouble with the refs. Being adjustable helps the rate control a lot and probably covers up any pressure loss in the hose. It initially took a lot of maintenance, but has been behaving well lately.

You have to use the feel of the trigger to tell you how much pressure is in the bottle on your back though. The reactivity fades and stops as the bottle nears 1000 psi, indicating it's time to plan your exit.

You can shim the standard RT or X-valve on/off so that it will bounce at normal pressures, but idk about the controllability of it or bolt wear issues (if any).

Is that the max-flow micro? looks like they are now preset. im gonna sound stupid (kinda am) but what do I need to attach the regulator to the remote? from all the pictures and setups i've seen, the reg is attached directly to the gun through a macro or steel line. If you have a picture or description that would be awesome!

griml2eaper
06-19-2008, 09:53 PM
to simply put it, can I just buy a regulator and attach that to the gun, then using the standard remote line and tank, connect that to the regulator on the gun? i know t his must sound like really stupid questions

Spider-TW
06-20-2008, 08:51 AM
to simply put it, can I just buy a regulator and attach that to the gun, then using the standard remote line and tank, connect that to the regulator on the gun? i know t his must sound like really stupid questions
Rule no.1 - No regulators shall be installed between the bottle regulator and the automag regulator. (Exception no. 1 - installation of an intermediate regulator for CO2 control, such as a Palmer's Stabilizer is permissible). ;)

The micro max-flo is NOT the inline max-flo. In typical SP fashion, they couldn't work with something that was very good in concept when it didn't appeal to the mass market. It seems like the choices of regulators, especially adjustables, is getting thin. Old max-flo's and dyna-flows are very good if you can service them yourself. The Air America raptor rex's were cheap a couple of months ago, but their reg seats are hard to find (that would be self service also).

Maybe someone else can offer up a new, warrantied and available adjustable reg. :confused:

The minimal arrangement is to connect (thread) the hose to the (adjustable) bottle reg and use a quick disconnect (QD) from the hose to somewhere on the mag. If the bottle reg has no on/off of its own, or if you just want one as a backup, install a slide-check valve between the hose and the QD to the mag.

Personally, I avoid a QD at the bottle for the hose because that gives you two fill nipples. I have had a fill station 'helper' connect 4500 psi through my low pressure side, which ended the day for that rig.

A thought this gave me the other day was that I would consider using a Custom Products (CP) on/off ASA on a fixed output remote bottle (if I didn't have an adjustable), mainly because I like the CP knobs better than the old wheels and I would have the option of putting it back on the gun.

oozeeh
06-20-2008, 10:15 AM
raptor rex comes with 2 male QD. adjustable, and was concieved on the need of remote lines.

the only way they can **** up the fill is if the tank is empty or the adjusting nut is all the way out and even then air would go nowhere because thats what regs do. it shuts the valve off when certain pressure is reached. worst case, the field people will buy you a new reg or your low pressure burst disk does it's job and vents off at 1800psi.

but i agree, there are dumb field staffs out there.

makes me want to stab them in the face.
:mad: