PDA

View Full Version : emag full auto problem

dark blade
06-19-2008, 01:25 PM
My emag is going into full auto when i do not want it to... I can get it to semi and i can get it to RT in hybrid mode but when i put it into mech mode it doesnt fire and when its in electro i can still make the trigger bounce... Any ideas?

the tank is only at about 200-300 psi left in it and is a high pressure tank

My on/off pin was last measured at a tad less than .7 ... maybe like .695

What could the issue be?

Is it the pressure? Do i need to tune the level 10 more? Is it solenoid not wired correctly? Is it the pin length? What could be the problem?

I just tried the marker with the fix at 70 and the ROF at 8 and it still bounces so i dont htink its the solenoid but it still could be right?

seekandestroy78
06-19-2008, 01:29 PM
its your pin.

dark blade
06-19-2008, 01:30 PM
can anyone second that? i know that happens all the time on mechs... but i have read a few times of people having theirs as short as .68 and it still working

I will not be too havppy if its the pin because i want it to work :(

seekandestroy78
06-19-2008, 01:32 PM
do you have actual calipers or are you just eyeballing it?

you need some good calipers and a pin with the correct length.

dark blade
06-19-2008, 01:34 PM
i have a good set of calipers that can measure to .01 of an inch so i shaved the pin to to .around .7 maybe a very very very slight longer or shorter i cant remember

if its the pin are there any mods i can do to make it longer?

BigEvil
06-19-2008, 01:52 PM
What software? What trigger?

I run .700 (and smaller) pins in all my emags. You could have a couple of things going on;

1-FIX setting on Xmod is too low
2-Solenoid wired incorrectly (see Xmod manual)
3-Trigger return magnets are over-shimmed, meaning the trigger pull is too light
4-Trigger rod is hitting the back of the trigger while it is still pulled back. Very common with Xmod in the ramping modes, even if the trigger rod is shorter than spec.

If you are still using AGD software, I would lean towards #3.

seekandestroy78
06-19-2008, 02:03 PM
its xmod 1.8 with a stock double trigger.

fresh from modmymag.com like 2 weeks ago so i'd assume its wired correctly

they used to be my lowers.

dark blade
06-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Ohhhhh I didn't even think about the trigger pull itself... I made it as long as possible due to preference and I can see the trigger moving when it goes full auto... that's probably the problem, I wil try it when I get home in 20 minutes and if not I will try to shim the trigger less to make it a heavier pull (:() oh well

Ill let you guys know and it still bounces even when the fix is at 70 and like seek said I would assume its wired correctly

seekandestroy78
06-19-2008, 02:23 PM
i'm pretty sure theres only one magnet in there, when i owned them i never had all the magnets.

dark blade
06-19-2008, 04:46 PM
ok well i messed with the trigger and made the pull shorter... sure enough it works now with no bounce at all and its still really light

However, it chuffs a lot in semi even on electro mode and it was chopping a few here and there... any ideas? I know i have to tune the level 10 extremely badly but could this be the problem with the chuffing?

please help guys

BigEvil
06-19-2008, 05:16 PM
ok well i messed with the trigger and made the pull shorter... sure enough it works now with no bounce at all and its still really light

However, it chuffs a lot in semi even on electro mode and it was chopping a few here and there... any ideas? I know i have to tune the level 10 extremely badly but could this be the problem with the chuffing?

please help guys

-Raise your dwell. 15-30.
-DONT set your ROF above 20.

Report back your settings.

:)

Ratt
06-19-2008, 05:39 PM
My Emag has the XMod. It was chuffing REALLY bad. I changed out the spring...no more chuffing. I don't know if that is what's wrong with yours, but I think it's worth a shot.

dark blade
06-19-2008, 05:57 PM
change out which spring? the red, gold, or silver level 10 springs? I have the dwell set to about 13 (which i thought was in the recommended range) and it was chuffing

I was also getting terrible efficiency, i could literally watch the gauge go down when i walked to trigger for 5 seconds on a 48/45

I am out of air and will have to make an attempt at this later, but for now i will raise the dwell to 30 (which shouldnt matter cuz it doesnt effect efficiency right?) and will work from there with the dwell... i will also try each spring over the chrono to find which one i need

I will do all of this on sunday and will report back to you

Ratt
06-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Honestly, I can't remember which spring I had in there, a gold or silver. I just remember swapping them out. I do know that it wasn't a red spring

Ruler_Mark
06-19-2008, 09:52 PM
take the gun apart see if your sear or bolt is worn

phizz
06-19-2008, 10:35 PM
-Raise your dwell. 15-30.
-DONT set your ROF above 20.

Report back your settings.

:)

I second this. I had a couple emags that wouldn't run with a dwell less then 20

dark blade
06-20-2008, 12:16 PM
ok i will check all these things.. however when i put the dwell to 30 it will not fire in full auto or even when i walk the trigger at a respectable speed.

dark blade
06-20-2008, 12:20 PM
sear looks pretty respectable... would firing the marker witht he safety on and no air just to "solenoid click it" do any damage to the gun?

i am not sure how much of apoint it is suppose to come to but it looks pretty good and feels pretty good

dark blade
06-22-2008, 10:10 PM
alright guys i am gonna check in now about this issue

today i had a tourny and got there at least 2 hours early so that i could mess around with the mag and tune it... I started with the gold spring and fine tuned the level 10 which had 3 shims and was chuffing a bit so i added 1 more shim and it wouldnt fire 90% of the time, so i went back to 2 and it was perfect.

so then i moved on to the springs, i started with the gold spring and it was good there was no chuffing but there was extremely terrible efficiency so i went to the next spring the red one, i got decent efficiency but it was chuffing every once in a great while so i went to the longest springs and it worked magnificintly (sp?)

so i went on the field and was immediately outshooting my friends egg and it wasnt consistant enough of a feed... i would hear the occasional noise as though the gun was dealing with a ball that didnt make it all the way in. so i was very happy with that

the emag is running flawlessly now and i just have to tune the dwell in order to get it more consistant