PDA

View Full Version : I love old boxes

Pyrate Jim
06-19-2008, 06:19 PM
So I'm digging around through old boxes of miscellaneous bits, pieces and parts and what do I find? First one of the large AGD patches (with the lions) then a high-rise powerfeed body milled for a pump. I'm like "hey, cool!"
The next box held (amongst the NW Comp and SMG parts) a Pro-Team AutoResponse frame and a rail with the slot for a pump.
A little lower in the pile I came up with an original grip frame (the old composite frame and hard grips) and a complete AGD pump kit.
A tackle box yielded an ANS Phase II reg body and spring pack, foamie bolt, venturi bolt, a couple sears, a couple "first aid" kits with the foamie and power tube spring along with the needed Orings, a set of power tube spacers, several different tips for the power tube, and two different sets on on/off valve stacks.

The valve stacks I believe are one original and one (I think was called) a Cyclone which is sort of upside down. The pump kit is stamped "blem no warranty" and looks like the end mill caught inside the handle. It's sticky because of the burr, but five minutes with a dremel will cure that.

So I'm thinking all I need is is the main chamber (with on/off & power tube), A.I.R. pin and spring, and a rear thumb screw.
(there's a BOA Nickle twistlock in there, as well)

What got to me was the high rise P/F body milled for a pump. It's obviously a factory job, not a mod. But the whole idea of the high rise was to stack more and a pump uses less.
Why should the two be combined?

I think I may have something unique here if I put it all together.
I mean, I almost never see the high rise much less with a pump.

Sumthinwicked
06-19-2008, 06:23 PM
a Pro-Team AutoResponse frame i want the frame if it works that is :LOL

questionful
06-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Wow. How many of these "old boxes" do you have?
Post pics when you get a valve front.

Papa_Smurf
06-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Want to sell it all? PM me some pictures, I'll cut a deal.

Pyrate Jim
06-20-2008, 04:02 PM
My bad.
The AutoResponse is Pro Line, not Pro Team.
Digging a bit deeper I found the VHS installation video.

I'll try and get pics of the parts I've come up with so far...

Sumthinwicked
06-20-2008, 04:03 PM
im still interested in the ar frame whomever makes it LOL its a benchmark frame anyhow LOL

splashkitsrock420
06-21-2008, 04:59 AM
i just love old boxes...lol

and the single finger benchmarks,,,,,,,

Pyrate Jim
06-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Still need to keep digging, I haven't yet found what I'm looking for....

Somewhere in there are several of the AGD posters from years back. The one from the early 90's showing a field and how it's played, (this page has pictures taken from the poster:
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/Game/Game.shtml )
and another from around '98 with a guy painting an RT in purple on the side of his house.

Pyrate Jim
06-22-2008, 03:12 PM
It's up and running, but took a little swapping around of parts from different 'Mags.

First, the rail I had found was milled with a pump slot, but never had any of the "punches" removed. I'd rather keep that in pristine condition.
So I took the pump off the Sydarm, converting it back to semi with the unpunched rail. Not a bad thing, really. Now at least the Sydarm will fit it's holster again.
I used the Sydarm rail and the pump on it (not using the "found" pump kit) and the old stock grip (not the AutoResponse ~ that seemed silly to waste on a pump) together with the high-rise body.
The valve body came from cannibalizing my old level 7 (Sacrilige! :mad: ) I intend to swap that back as soon as I pick up a replacement to actually use in the pump, I just wanted to see if it would work all together. That one had a 2-finger trigger with the guard cut away to make room - not legal by todays standards so I couldn't use the grip frame. I'll end up putting the AutoResponse on that one.
After all the breakdowns of two other guns, swapping out parts, looking for what was missing and getting it all together, I gassed it up.
It worked, but the sear was not catching easily using the pump. Like I had to push the pump back extra hard to make it catch. Thinking the wave spring was somehow off, out came the valve body and I noticed the ventury bolt was worn along the edge the sear catches. I swapped it out for a foamie bolt with a good edge and the problem went away. Other than that and a slight hiss down the barrel that a new power tube Oring solved it's good to go.

I ended up going back to a crown point barrel rather than the AA or BOA, just because the others decreased their OD forward of the main body leaving a sizable gap between the barrel and pump handle.
I took a couple pics on the 35mm, once I get that roll developed I can post 'em up.

Sumthinwicked
06-22-2008, 04:04 PM
gonna use the ar ?

TeamJackal37
06-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Still need to keep digging, I haven't yet found what I'm looking for....

Somewhere in there are several of the AGD posters from years back. The one from the early 90's showing a field and how it's played, (this page has pictures taken from the poster:
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/Game/Game.shtml )
and another from around '98 with a guy painting an RT in purple on the side of his house.

I have that poster with the RT purple paint on house, bought in 2003 from AGD

Jaan
06-26-2008, 12:21 PM
What got to me was the high rise P/F body milled for a pump. It's obviously a factory job, not a mod. But the whole idea of the high rise was to stack more and a pump uses less.
Why should the two be combined?
If I recall correctly, the pump kits were developed at a time when only pump guns were allowed into Australia. Of course, once imported nothing prevented the recipient taking off the pump kit and turning it into a semi again...