PDA

View Full Version : The Pursuit Pod ?

going_home
06-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Great new pod ? I think not !
A waste of Polyvinyl Chloride if you ask me.

http://www.68caliber.com/news/industry/story043227.php

:confused:

Ruler_Mark
06-19-2008, 08:52 PM
wow, that is realllly dumb

mistur_sleepyass
06-19-2008, 08:56 PM
it's a good premise but there's way too much wasted space in the pod

Hilltop Customs
06-19-2008, 09:04 PM
1 burning question......WHY?

nerraD
06-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Makes sense actually. Not something I would use personally but I can see the point.

Hilltop Customs
06-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Makes sense actually. Not something I would use personally but I can see the point.

mind sharing the point of this type of pod? I'm just not seeing it, unless people with ocd like to keep their balls in straight lines. Your cutting the # of balls per pod by ~1/3rd. As for breaking a ball in the pod, mid-game loading you would never have time to inspect the pod for broken balls and then block the broken section. I'm not trying to knock you, I am just curious to know what you think that value of this type of pod is?

Only thing I can think of is rapid reloading of 10 round feed tubes or maybe reloading stock class markers?

wanna-b-ballin'
06-19-2008, 09:55 PM
i see it being very nice for loading little 40 and 50 round hoppers and not having to deal with making mini pods and such.

and i really hate breaking paint in a pod. especially when i only buy one bag for a day. i hate when a large amount gets wasted. its nice you can select which tubes to pour out if there is a broken ball in one of them.

Jaan
06-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm just not seeing it, unless people with ocd like to keep their balls in straight lines.
I can see it, with a little modifications it might work for stock class players. Think about it...it might replace stock class tubes if you had something opening up each space etc.

rifleman wi
06-19-2008, 10:31 PM
next their going to make spring loaded pods that shoves the paint in the hopper faster.. :rolleyes:

pk5
06-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Basically a twist lock cap that align over each of the mini tube would work right?

Hilltop Customs
06-19-2008, 10:45 PM
"Innovative spring loaded cap with top sliding trap doors.
You can open at the top or open the middle chamber or the
outer chamber to load one chamber at a time by twisting the cap. Great for topping off your hopper when a full pod won't fit in the hopper."

I think it lets you load one tube at a time, but dont stock class markers have a trap door type loading cap?(dont you have to shove the 10 round tube through the cap to load balls) so this pod wont really work for that.

I guess it would be good for little hoppers....fill like 30 rounds with 2 chambers. But then again, how many people use those small hoppers?

pk5
06-19-2008, 11:15 PM
http://www.pursuitpods.com/

maybe for loading pistol??

Texas Trigger
06-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Retarded. Almost as bad as Smart Parts' Collapsing pod.

cyrus-the-virus
06-20-2008, 06:48 AM
Well if you can make it to where you can dump only one section at a time it would make a sweet alternative too ten round tubes. All you would have to do is add a small tube at the mouth.

two of them would be anough for a months worth of play(I mean an actual 30 days of solid play) :rofl:

PumpPlayer
06-20-2008, 09:05 AM
You'd just have to install a short piece of tube to use as a 'leader' to poke through the ball gate on the stock feed.

There's potential here but it'd take someone to redo the top section.

Whee McGee
06-20-2008, 12:08 PM
I'd actually pick one of these up for my open class pump days. Looks like a way easier way to fill a Winchester.

Bang and Breach
06-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Isn't criticism easy?

Bolter
06-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I can see it being useful for rental. For example I see people tipping half a 100 round pod into their hopper, and putting the rest back in their pack all the time. Then after running around for a bit, they put the rest in and one of them is broke.

But with this pod, you would be fine.

Hilltop Customs
06-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Isn't criticism easy?

yes it is, but constructive criticism is essential to find problems and fix them. Reading the posts you will see that its been stated "You'd just have to install a short piece of tube to use as a 'leader' to poke through the ball gate on the stock feed." That simple change could make this the pod of choice for stock play. IDK if it would work well, 10 round tubes are so much simpler, plus no fumbling around aligning the lid.

you are just criticizing our criticism, but at least our criticism has a point. :rofl:

Bang and Breach
06-20-2008, 03:31 PM
yes it is, but constructive criticism is essential to find problems and fix them. Reading the posts you will see that its been stated "You'd just have to install a short piece of tube to use as a 'leader' to poke through the ball gate on the stock feed." That simple change could make this the pod of choice for stock play. IDK if it would work well, 10 round tubes are so much simpler, plus no fumbling around aligning the lid.

you are just criticizing our criticism, but at least our criticism has a point. :rofl:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/57/No_U_Turn_sign.svg/600px-No_U_Turn_sign.svg.png

Jaan
06-20-2008, 04:20 PM
I think it lets you load one tube at a time, but dont stock class markers have a trap door type loading cap?(dont you have to shove the 10 round tube through the cap to load balls) so this pod wont really work for that.

I guess it would be good for little hoppers....fill like 30 rounds with 2 chambers. But then again, how many people use those small hoppers?This pod might work for Sheridan based guns which just have a removable cap. But, like others have mentioned, all you would need to do is fit a shot extender piece to get past the ball gate on something like a Phantom.

A lot of open class pump players use the small hoppers too, Sportshot hoppers, Winchester hoppers and so forth. Why carry a 150-200 round hopper when you're not going to shoot that much in a day?

Again, I could see potential for stock class players.

GoatBoy
06-20-2008, 08:57 PM
I guess it would be good for little hoppers....fill like 30 rounds with 2 chambers. But then again, how many people use those small hoppers?

I like to play with those small hoppers (I use a Brass eagle 50 rounder sometimes). 50 round hopper + 3.5oz or 13ci HPA tank on a mag = very tight, very light setup. It's a bit like playing with a pump, but without having to pump.

However, when I go tight and light, I *really* like to go tight and light. And that means I don't even want to wear a full harness to carry a full size pod. What I prefer to do is take my reds waistband, remove the pod carrier, and use that to carry my 10 round tubes. I just affix adhesive velcro strips to the 10 rounder, and slap it right onto the reds waistband -- no pods, just a bunch of tubes velcro'd to me.

Therefore something like this would be of limited use even to someone like me.

I actually am having a hard time envisioning any reason to go with this pod, aside from the aforementioned "it's hard to accidentally dump all your paint" reason. Which I can see, if you have a dumb kid that keeps dumping all his paint and stuff, then yeah, this might be handy.

I don't know. Maybe if you're in the habit of throwing pods to other players when they need paint?

warpfeedmod
06-23-2008, 10:05 AM
This place is somewhere south of Plainfield Illinois, and for the longest time they had only ran pump games. These pods were handy when you had the smaller hoppers but full-sized pod carriers.

I played there last year and it was a blast, and the pods don't act/look any different than the normal pods, they just hold less.

They were real easy to open just one section and load a tube or small hopper.

billmi
06-23-2008, 12:22 PM
That looks like it would be the great for stock class guns set up in true stock style (ie. not jamming a 10rd tube in them or adding a tube adapter to extend the magazine) like a Nightmare, PMI-1 or 007, where you remove the cap and load in 10 rounds from a tube. Looks like this will fit in a regular pod pack, but reload stock class way easier than you could with a 200 rd pod.

warpfeedmod
06-23-2008, 01:31 PM
That looks like it would be the great for stock class guns set up in true stock style (ie. not jamming a 10rd tube in them or adding a tube adapter to extend the magazine) like a Nightmare, PMI-1 or 007, where you remove the cap and load in 10 rounds from a tube. Looks like this will fit in a regular pod pack, but reload stock class way easier than you could with a 200 rd pod.

The field that uses these was at one time stock-class for rentals and alot of their regular players.

The pods do fit in a regular harness, although some of the tighter harnesses are a bit harder to remove the pod and several times I pulled the top off.

SR_matt
06-23-2008, 07:55 PM
good idea, but i dont think there is a very big demand for it

i could see stock class players getting a small 2 pod pack and taking that out with them for a few hours but meh,

-matt

xtreme paintball
06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
It does seem to me like not only would it cut down on breakage problems, but possible reduce pod-rattle, too.

SR_matt
06-30-2008, 01:47 PM
It does seem to me like not only would it cut down on breakage problems, but possible reduce pod-rattle, too.
there were things called stealth pods that my team got some as a sponsorship, they were decent pods (were standard size pods with liners in them) the main point was to be quiet but all of us only cared that they were nicer to the paint, and for me helped me limit my paint usage.

same result except for the 10 balls at a time but much simpler. the only reason people should buy those is for the limited usage type situation

-matt

Chronobreak
06-30-2008, 06:48 PM

i think you just gave me a great idea bill.

im gonna make something up in paintbrus and share it with everyone.

THANKS!

GoatBoy
06-30-2008, 08:23 PM
i think you just gave me a great idea bill.

im gonna make something up in paintbrus and share it with everyone.

THANKS!

What, like a gun-mounted rotating reloader?

Chronobreak
06-30-2008, 08:25 PM
nah, i already made one of those