PDA

View Full Version : Idiot question about ULE body

MnwNwo
06-21-2008, 02:11 PM
I know that it says it is a Angel threaded feedneck. What does that mean? I obviously need to get a feedneck, just don't know what. Thanks.

questionful
06-21-2008, 02:13 PM
It means when you go buy a feedneck, make sure the seller says it's angel threaded. "Angel threaded" means it has the same threads as an angel.

MnwNwo
06-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Does the feedneck screw out of the body then? I fond the angel feednecks, just a matter of attaching it to the ULE body.

MANN
06-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Does the feedneck screw out of the body then? I fond the angel feednecks, just a matter of attaching it to the ULE body.

yes

maniacmechanic
06-21-2008, 06:15 PM

Sometimes it is a large PITA to get them out ( the stock one )

Looper
06-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Sometimes it is a large PITA to get them out ( the stock one )

This is true... The dozen or so that I have removed have had red Loc-Tight use when they where installed. I use a small "Craftsman" strap wrench to remove the stock feed neck without marring the anodizing. Some hot tap water can also help loosen the Loc-Tight.

pmstc
06-21-2008, 07:08 PM
This is true... The dozen or so that I have removed have had red Loc-Tight use when they where installed. I use a small "Craftsman" strap wrench to remove the stock feed neck without marring the anodizing. Some hot tap water can also help loosen the Loc-Tight.
Yep, I would put the body in a padded vice (but don't tighten it down too much!) and a strap wrench, that should take it off.

MnwNwo
06-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks for all of the advice guys. It came right off with wrench (wrapped the feed in a towel). There was no loc tite on it. Found the feedneck I am going to order.

paint magnet
06-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Once you get the new feedneck, you might want to loctite it in place. Always make sure to twist your hopper on and off in a clockwise motion, so you don't unscrew the feedneck when you remove your hopper.