PDA

View Full Version : Pnuemag parts, which is better (easier?)

frans42000
06-22-2008, 11:17 AM
OK Im probably going to be doing my own pnuemag mod (probably with a logic frame or a chimera if I can find one.

Which trigger valve is better, the Fabco MSV-1 or the Clippard SMAV-3?

Kurt.

questionful
06-22-2008, 12:04 PM
The MSV-1 is the one I've seen everyone using. What you could do is download the specs and compare them. Look at resistance and travel mainly.

frans42000
06-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I went ahead and ordered a Logic frame, MPA-3 actuator, Fabco MSV-1 valve, a Palmers Micro Rock LPR, as well as hoses and fittings from airsoldier.com.

http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=AOS

All told I spent about $257 dollars (I bought a spare valve and actuator too just in case).

I guess I love my mag too much, I could have gotten an entire Proto Matrix Rail marker for just a tad more. :D

Kurt.

questionful
06-22-2008, 09:31 PM
:clap:
You won't regret it!
:shooting:
:headbang:

rawbutter
06-24-2008, 10:54 AM
The MSV-2 (because of its lever) can have a much lighter trigger pull than the SMAV-3. However, the SMAV-3 has a shorter stroke.

It's really just a matter of opinion. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. So many people use the MSV-2 because it's easy to mount with the two holes in the back. It does have a "longer" trigger pull, but you're talking differences of mere millimeters. Since the SMAV-3 is so much more of a pain to mount, most people avoid it.

Good luck with the pneumag. Be sure to post pics when you're done.

Edit: Oh.... I just realized you bought the MSV-1 (the valve that doesn't come with the lever). Um.... have fun with that. Without the lever, it's gonna be pretty tough to set up the valve correctly. (If you want, send me a PM. I botched my lever when I made my pneumag, and I had to build my own from scratch. It wasn't too tough to do. I could walk you through it if you're interested.)

questionful
06-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Sorry, I forgot there was an MSV-1 and an MSV-2. :(

frans42000
06-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Well, I decided to go with the MSV-1 even though the -2 has the lever because I'd rather have the shorter pull.

Im an electrician/mechanic by trade, so I'm not too worried that I can't get things mounted correctly. I just wanted to know which valve performed better.