PDA

View Full Version : Can I put a 90* fitting on my fill nipple?

Rynoboy06
01-21-2002, 08:35 PM
Is it safe to use a standard 90-degree fitting to redirect the fill nipple from out to down? I know that it will fit the hole, but is it made to stand up to the 4500-odd psi that has to go throught the fill nipple? If not - are there special 90*'s that would do the trick? I'd rather not injure myself/anybody else/my RT finding this out the hard way. Thanks!

Rob @ DNR
01-22-2002, 10:26 AM
I have had to do this on a couple of guns so I could fill the tank on a gun that has a warp feed. So far no problems.

Drizit
01-22-2002, 10:44 AM
i can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. the 90* itself would be no more likely to fail then the nipple however it does give you one more point of posible failure. the only thing to consider is the one-way stoper in the nipple, if it has the extra room to move from the 90* it may not align itself properly after you fill the gun, i don't know.

good luck though, let us know how it works out for you. and you already have one good report so far, so you will probably be ok.

Rynoboy06
01-22-2002, 01:31 PM
Thanks guys! I just didn't want to get to the field and have the fill station attendant look at me like I had just escaped from a lobotomy lab. I'll let you know if it gives me any lip. I just changed it and it is much more comfortable with my zgrip.

SGTKennedy
01-22-2002, 03:47 PM
just make sure your fitting is rated for 4500 psi and your squared away. if he gives you lip tell him its rated for 4500. and then hes got no reasong to complain.