PDA

View Full Version : T-Board in Hyperframe?

FallibleFlyer
06-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Does anyone here know how well the ESP T-board fits in a hyperframe. I would use a UTB, except that I dont like the memory pads. Does anyone have any experience with any of this that can lend some guidance?

Coralis
06-25-2008, 04:25 PM
try doing a search for spydermags, someone had a pretty detailed walk through post here at one time

robnix
06-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Does anyone here know how well the ESP T-board fits in a hyperframe. I would use a UTB, except that I dont like the memory pads. Does anyone have any experience with any of this that can lend some guidance?
You need to mill out a tiny bit of the frame so the battery and board fit in together, and you need to cut the screw hole off. Other than that they drop right in.

FallibleFlyer
06-25-2008, 07:23 PM
How much material needs to be taken off. Is it little enough that it could be done with a file? Will the button holes still line up? Which screw are you refering to?

robnix
06-25-2008, 10:07 PM
How much material needs to be taken off. Is it little enough that it could be done with a file? Will the button holes still line up? Which screw are you refering to?
There's no way to put the file all the way through the frame, so it would take a really long time to do it, and you'll need to take out about an eight of an inch of metal. You'll need a dremel and a vice at a minimum, you're better off with a mill. If you look at a picture of the board, you'll see a mounting hold in one corner, you need to cut that corner off to fit it around the hole for the grip screw.

Talk to Luke, he did the milling for me for a very reasonable price and he always does good work.

FallibleFlyer
06-25-2008, 10:36 PM
There's no way to put the file all the way through the frame, so it would take a really long time to do it, and you'll need to take out about an eight of an inch of metal. You'll need a dremel and a vice at a minimum, you're better off with a mill. If you look at a picture of the board, you'll see a mounting hold in one corner, you need to cut that corner off to fit it around the hole for the grip screw.

Talk to Luke, he did the milling for me for a very reasonable price and he always does good work.

Great! Thanks much robnix, I appreciate you following up.

robnix
06-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Great! Thanks much robnix, I appreciate you following up.
NP. If you send it to Luke, see if he's got any Hyperframe Triggers in stock. It's a MUST buy for that frame. If you're comfortable with soldering, there's also the Universal T-Board that Damon has as well. Either way, a new board and Lukes trigger make Hyperframes much, much better than stock.