PDA

View Full Version : Video of my EP Mag.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
06-25-2008, 10:08 AM
here is a short video of my EP mag firing. rb211 and myself will shoot a video with paint when i get some.. :cheers:

This is the best mag i have ever owned. rb211 did a great job on her.. :cheers: :hail:

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i53.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/BREAD_DA_PAINTER/SMOV0001.flv">

Ruler_Mark
06-25-2008, 10:25 AM
on air up the gun firing isnt good. can mean your sear is getting worn.

However very hot mag! and show that gauge off to tell people your mag is lp :ninja: and then all the noos will immdiately think its agg

rkjunior303
06-25-2008, 10:47 AM
little bit of bounce? it's shooting 3 shots for every 1. that would NOT pass a field test. i would pull that thing in a heartbeat.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
06-25-2008, 10:55 AM
little bit of bounce? it's shooting 3 shots for every 1. that would NOT pass a field test. i would pull that thing in a heartbeat.

for some reason it only bounced when we used the wire. with a finger it never bounced. i will do another video when i have paint and show it doesnt bounce then. :cool:

rb211
06-25-2008, 12:35 PM
on air up the gun firing isnt good. can mean your sear is getting worn.

However very hot mag! and show that gauge off to tell people your mag is lp :ninja: and then all the noos will immdiately think its agg

X valves are known for doing that. No wear at all on the sear.

Mechanic79
06-25-2008, 01:40 PM
that is an awesome video.

Ruler_Mark
06-25-2008, 01:45 PM
X valves are known for doing that. No wear at all on the sear.

I have seen/held alot of rt mags. none of them had air up shot except for one that a friend owned and a emag. Both had considerable sear wear.

sandfreestyle
06-25-2008, 01:48 PM
I have seen/held alot of rt mags. none of them had air up shot except for one that a friend owned and a emag. Both had considerable sear wear.
the ep conversion tends to do that single shot on air up. happened on all the ones i have shot

Ruler_Mark
06-25-2008, 02:15 PM
the ep conversion tends to do that single shot on air up. happened on all the ones i have shot

thing is that would be easily understandable if the actuator had pressure in it, but the solenoid is naturally open the other way.

rb211
06-25-2008, 02:42 PM

My pneumag used to do it - with a brand new sear, even used to do it before I pneumagged it. There was a thread a long time ago in the tech forum about this. The general consensus was that some valves do it, some don't, even on brand new valves / sears. You just have to remember to air it up before you fill the hopper.

p8ntbal4me
06-25-2008, 02:45 PM
If your using the SMC SY/SYJ/S070 solenoids,.. they all are going to do that due to the line charge from a decrease and increase in pressure. All SMC solenoids that are pneumatic have a standard safety blow off built into the design like every other manufacturer does.

Only thing that I have noticed is that SMC is the only ones that do it on the line charge or in a rapid line pressure drop.

MAC solenoids dont have this problem. I have tested the 33x/34x/43x/44x series solenoids,... they dont cycle the ram on the line charge.

As for the sear wear point made,... thats possible too. But Id look into the design of the solenoid as it will happen after the break in period no matter what. If your sear is not worn,... dont forget the solenoid safety functions.

~ P8nt

Ruler_Mark
06-25-2008, 02:49 PM
If your using the SMC SY/SYJ/S070 solenoids,.. they all are going to do that due to the line charge from a decrease and increase in pressure. All SMC solenoids that are pneumatic have a standard safety blow off built into the design like every other manufacturer does.

Only thing that I have noticed is that SMC is the only ones that do it on the line charge or in a rapid line pressure drop.

MAC solenoids dont have this problem. I have tested the 33x/34x/43x/44x series solenoids,... they dont cycle the ram on the line charge.

As for the sear wear point made,... thats possible too. But Id look into the design of the solenoid as it will happen after the break in period no matter what. If your sear is not worn,... dont forget the solenoid safety functions.

~ P8nt

Ahh that much beter explains it, im pretty sure its a smc noid.

p8ntbal4me
06-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Its not like I wouldnt use an SMC over the MAC though,... Ive had 3 custom noids made by SMC Japan and they back their product 100% on my end.

Id deal with a first shot cycling for a quality solenoid... if thats what it has to come to :)

~ P8nt

jade_monkey07
06-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Sweet mag! id like to see that thing tuned to the max to see what kind of number it can put out.
I have the shooting when i air up problem on my tac-one and my friends mag aswell. Both mags are using the ult. iv never really used the rt on/off so i dont know if it would do it with that one too.

bryceeden
06-25-2008, 06:26 PM
for some reason it only bounced when we used the wire. with a finger it never bounced. i will do another video when i have paint and show it doesnt bounce then. :cool:

If its bouncing with the wire then it'll bounce when shooting. You may need to stiffen up the trigger alittle to fix that, cause that was really really bad bounce. Other than that it looks great.

j.lewis
06-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Nice looking gun. My EP mag has never fired on gas up, and has zero bounce. So, those problems are'nt just because it's an EP mag. I run a pre set crossfire, donno if that has anything to do with it.

very nice looking gun!