PDA

View Full Version : Cf pneumag??

skyless
06-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Anyone fit pneumatics into a single trigger cf frame? Figured it would be a mad sleeper if it would fit. I just really like the look of the single trigger frame, but would enjoy some rapid bps. Pics or links would be great if there are any. THanks

ManInBlack
06-27-2008, 08:35 PM
I think your biggest issue would be how well you can drill and tap the CF frame. You want to make sure that you can hold everything securely. Also milling it out to make more room may create it's own issues. Can you do it without killing it's strength? Will milling cause CF dust that will give you a rare type of cancer that causes your balls to fall off?

Chris Nearchos
06-28-2008, 12:01 AM
I dont think a carbon fiber frame would work. But on the other hand, if you can get ahold of the old cast-zinc AGD single trigger frames.....or the DYE/32 degrees/benchmark single triger frames (can be found on ebay for like $10), that would be the way to go.

The other thing stoping the use of a carbon fiber or the cast-zinc frames is the grips. Both of them use the one screw in the center of the grips to hold them on. that support bream would probably get into the way big time. but you could probably find a work around for that problem.

The dye frame i am talking about cen be seen here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DYE-Automag-Paintball-gun-45-Single-Trigger-Frame-NEW_W0QQitemZ220250120359QQihZ012QQcategoryZ47241Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

32 Degree's version of the frame can be seen here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Paintball-32-Degrees-Automag-Grip-Frame-Blowout-CHROME_W0QQitemZ250263615514QQihZ015QQcategoryZ472 41QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or best bet would be a bench'y frame:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Benchmark-Automag-Single-Trigger-45-Grip-Frame-New-BLAK_W0QQitemZ220251167912QQihZ012QQcategoryZ47241 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hope that helps,
-Chris

skyless
06-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the imput. The benchy looks almost the same as the cf. Ya dont think i would try to mill the cf, i like my jewels how they are. will probably just use the ult with single trigger to see how it feels.

one_quick_ta
06-28-2008, 06:18 PM
i was considering doing this myself, the mpa3 (i think) will fit in it but there will be issues fitting the actuator, the best fit ive found is the old smart parts/eclipse aluminum frames they would probably be the only ones that have the room already that you are looking for, you will have to cut some meat out of the inside of the grips for them to fit around the actuator though.

skyless
06-28-2008, 10:40 PM
Any idea where i can get one of those old sp frames, think i could fit the lpr in there too? A link with a pic would be great. I tried doing a search and did not find the sp frame.

Chris Nearchos
06-28-2008, 11:32 PM
nope, wouldnt work. the old SP frames were just like the CF and cast-zinc frames.

this is one on a old smart parts splash kit:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/THA_RAT/SplahMagcoolio.jpg

lthe other frames i listed in my other post is what you need to use. because they have the standard 4 grip screw setup (2 on each side). also, the eclipse frame will work too....its just like the dye and 32 degrees frames.

-Chris

skyless
06-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks. The benchy looks like it would do well. Probably get one and see what i can do.

Hgblues
06-29-2008, 07:09 PM
does any of those single trigger frames have as much room as an intelli frame inside? I know it's a tight fit to get everything in my intelliframe , but a single trigger EP mag would just plain out rock! :headbang:

Chris Nearchos
06-29-2008, 09:30 PM
hmm, i actually arent sure about that. i dont have any of them on me to take measurments from.

but i know it will be a tight fit for the mod.

-Chris

Rudz
06-29-2008, 11:04 PM
I would use a set up that uses a reg as an lpr , tap the top of the reg and run the air lines hidden thru the rail to the pnuematics,a t fitting on the imput to the reg will let u run another line to the valve, a small board will fit in a ule rail, so only the microswitch, battery and niod have to fit in the frame, still a total sleeper, and I personally think a single finger ep frame would rock, especially on a classic valve and ss twistlock body