PDA

View Full Version : New SpecOps T-Shirt looks oddly familier

egyeager
06-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Hey guys I was browsing around on spec ops today and I saw that they had new T-Shirts out. Take a look at the design of them:

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/product_detail.asp?SKU=300+0041

Is it me or does that look oddly familier? Perhaps like the logo of a certain company we know and love?
Post your thoughts

(and yes this is my first post here but I have been prowling for the past 6 months or so :) )

senghing27
06-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Eh... It happens

Bang and Breach
06-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Hey guys I was browsing around on spec ops today and I saw that they had new T-Shirts out. Take a look at the design of them:

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/product_detail.asp?SKU=300+0041

Is it me or does that look oddly familier? Perhaps like the logo of a certain company we know and love?
Post your thoughts

(and yes this is my first post here but I have been prowling for the past 6 months or so :) )

If they think they can rip off smart parts, they've got another thing coming.

snoopay700
06-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah, doesn't everyone know that lions were used in the AGD logo long before they were used for any other purpose. :rolleyes:

Lohman446
07-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Yeh, lets complain that the shirt that "promotes honestly, integrity, and leadership" looks even vaguely like it has anything at all to do with AGD...

/[self-edited]

MechMags
07-01-2008, 07:59 AM
lol.. seemingly so innocent i am sure. The lions have been around for centuries though, but tis oddly similar... isnt there a saying about immitation and flattery.

still shaking my head in disbelief.... :nono:

you know if had been a different company and diff logo set, sp would have been all over that in a flash.

Lohman446
07-01-2008, 08:07 AM
I find it amusing. AO whines if anything ever, even remotely related to AGD, is used in some vague almost unrecognizable form far removed from what it was.

AO then whines if SP makes any move to protect IP.

Decide what side of the argument you are on. Are we interested in protecting IP or not?

Personally I don't think there is any protection here to be had anyways, but the hypocrisy is at least amusing.

Hexis
07-01-2008, 09:09 AM
I find it amusing. AO whines if anything ever, even remotely related to AGD, is used in some vague almost unrecognizable form far removed from what it was.

AO then whines if SP makes any move to protect IP.

Don't credit a user with 2 posts as the opinion of all of AO. Folks can whine all they want with a falsely inflated sense of ownership of a very old style of heraldry. It has no bearing on reality.

Lohman446
07-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Don't credit a user with 2 posts as the opinion of all of AO. Folks can whine all they want with a falsely inflated sense of ownership of a very old style of heraldry. It has no bearing on reality.

Point :)

snoopay700
07-01-2008, 10:58 AM
You have a point, but people have complained about this before on here, which is why i knew exactly what he meant. Lohman had some points, even if he was overgeneralizing.

Hexis
07-01-2008, 01:13 PM
You have a point, but people have complained about this before on here, which is why i knew exactly what he meant. Lohman had some points, even if he was overgeneralizing.

Again, a very few folks, not the whole of AO.

If nothing else, you (the royal you) could consider the above imagery an homage to the AGD logo. Actually it is possible to read the OP's post as not a complaint, but just an observation. There is nothing wrong with similar imagery.

If there is any intentional similarity, personally I'm going to consider it an homage.

snoopay700
07-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Again, a very few folks, not the whole of AO.

If nothing else, you (the royal you) could consider the above imagery an homage to the AGD logo. Actually it is possible to read the OP's post as not a complaint, but just an observation. There is nothing wrong with similar imagery.

If there is any intentional similarity, personally I'm going to consider it an homage.
That's why i said he was overgeneralizing. He had some good points, but he treated the few as the majority. I was agreeing with you on that part.

ThePixelGuru
07-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Yay, lions. Not like they've been used in this same context for millennia or anything... Of course, SP logic dictates that it's protected if it's applied to paintball, even if it's really old outside of the sport. :rolleyes:

And didn't this thread just happen a month ago? If this forum went back more than 2 pages I could link you...