PDA

View Full Version : Leaks out of asa but works fine with remote

Misha
07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi, i am trying to start using my Tac One with an HPA tank directly screwed into the ASA as i am having a much harder time maneuvering with the remote line.

One thing i noticed off the bat is that when i screw the tank half way in air starts coming out of it and if i try to continue screwing the tank the tank o-ring shreds.

When i sue the remote line adapter its fine but as i said i would like to stop using the remote.

ANy idea how to fix this? i remember hearing something that people replace their asa but maybe theres an easier way? I tried replacing the o-ring but three were destroyed consecutively.

Thank you in advance for any help.

~Misha

dyeforever
07-01-2008, 11:33 PM
try putting a oring inside the asa. but, if you upgrade to a new asa i recommend the new cp asa's. i use those on every gun i have.

athomas
07-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Check the length of the pin in the ASA. If it is too long, it could be engaging the tank pin valve too soon. This would push the tank oring against the threaded part of the ASA which would destroy the oring.

Misha
07-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi, those are great answers. I am new to the sport, only played for a year and especially new to the tinkering with my markers.

This CP ASA mentioned, do i order it online somewhere ? And how hard is it going to be to install one of those ?

phizz
07-03-2008, 03:02 PM
I think youjust need a new ASA as well. You should be able to find a new CP ASA on most internet sights... or check ebay.

Wanta B Sniper
07-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Misha: I've had the same problem with the valves on one of my Trracers. I think I came to the conclusion that the ASA is just a tiny bit too shallow, or the lip that the tank seats on inside of the ASA is either too high or not high enough. Your best bet is a new ASA...

http://badlandspaintball.com/airsystems/dropforwards.html CP On/Off ASA

Misha
07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Just looked at the type of asa on my Tac One and it appears that i will also require a rail to mount the CP ASA on.

Also that CP on/off appears to have a hole (sorry i dont know the propper terminology) for the hose attachemnt on the left side and my Tac One has its air line on the right side of the marker. Will i be able to just run the line under the trigger and then attach it to the ASA on its left side ?

Sorry guys. I am totally lost and it really feels awful being a newb at this.

dyeforever
07-03-2008, 09:48 PM
cp offer both types of asa's. they have a direct mount which bolt right up to the bottom of your trigger frame. the new cp's have air ports on both sides of the asa.

heres a link to one direct mount on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Products-CP-Direct-Mount-ASA-On-Off-BLACK_W0QQitemZ260091999773QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4723 7QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1 638Q2em118Q2el1247

frans42000
07-04-2008, 10:52 PM
cp offer both types of asa's. they have a direct mount which bolt right up to the bottom of your trigger frame. the new cp's have air ports on both sides of the asa.

Here's a link to one direct mount on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Products-CP-Direct-Mount-ASA-On-Off-BLACK_W0QQitemZ260091999773QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4723 7QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1 638Q2em118Q2el1247

Here is a link to the manufactorer's website if you prefer to buy direct from the source.

http://store.customproducts.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=17&categoryID=3

"CP" stands for Custom Products.

The big advantage to using one of these asa's is the knob on the front lets you turn your tank on and off like a water faucet. So when you screw your tank in, you get to seal the oring into the asa, and THEN turn the tank on and gas up your marker. It WILL save you alot of o-rings. It also "bleeds" air when you turn the gas off, so that when you unscrew your tank, its at zero pressure inside the asa. Your tank threads and oring won't be grinding on the asa's threads causing damage because of the pressure.

Additionally, you can turn your tank off while still having the tank on your gun if you just want to set it down and not have it under pressure. Just dry fire it a few times to bleed off the air still in your regulator and lines.

As for how hard it is to install one on your marker, all you need is a screwdriver or allen wrench, probably both.