PDA

View Full Version : Any AOers from Illinois that use PBgear for paint?

warpfeedmod
07-02-2008, 12:03 PM
If so what's a decent paint they sell? I called three times, three different people on the phone, I told them all I shoot an emag with level ten, which even with level 10 I still manage to break balls (I think my level 10 needs to be tweaked a bit), but mags are notoriously rough on paint. I'm looking for something decently priced that I can take to walk-on or private games.

I had a suggestion of Diablo's Formula 13, but they havn't had stock in three weeks
I had a suggestion of Nelson's Nel-splat and Anarchy.

All from different people. I've not been playing in about a year and a half and wondering what paint I should be looking at. I figure around $50 or so a case should be good, I guess I'm looking for a thicker durable paint that will not break from the rigors of high-speed firing and flying down the barrel.

I've tried the xball bronze they used to sell in-store with a discount, and it broke everywhere, including my hopper.

I even tried the gold and same junk.

Maybe I'm just rough on paint?

lidocaine
07-02-2008, 12:56 PM
your mag should definately not be chopping paint like you describe with the level 10 bolt.Read the stickies about level 10 tuning, theyll tell you how to properly set it up.

warpfeedmod
07-02-2008, 01:17 PM
your mag should definately not be chopping paint like you describe with the level 10 bolt.Read the stickies about level 10 tuning, theyll tell you how to properly set it up.

would lack of a foamy on the bolt cause this as well?

B-Pow
07-02-2008, 01:24 PM
PBgear, you mean Action Village?

I buy paint from there in store often....use to be draxxus (procaps) blaze but when they started to do those lame cammo shells I've tried other things. the case of XO spectrum I tried was alright (was winter grade)...Xball bronze gave me problems one day last year but it was at the seasons end and it was cold and dry so the balls were brittle...and my equipment was having....issues, the one time I used gold it was amazing, but on average it costs a little more than I want to spend (and for the extra money I spent I did not derive any extra enjoyment). I still want to try GAP and nelson sometime. Don't get RPS preimum that stuff was total garbage when I tried it. If you want to drop the coin I've heard great things about cronic...but individual results may vary (but that is true with any paint).

All in all....if you're buying from AV you'll get the best you can for the brand you are getting...it's always fresh because their turnaround on cases is so fast. Especially if you walk into their store and buy it in person.

warpfeedmod
07-02-2008, 01:37 PM
PBgear, you mean Action Village?

I buy paint from there in store often....use to be draxxus (procaps) blaze but when they started to do those lame cammo shells I've tried other things. the case of XO spectrum I tried was alright (was winter grade)...Xball bronze gave me problems one day last year but it was at the seasons end and it was cold and dry so the balls were brittle...and my equipment was having....issues, the one time I used gold it was amazing, but on average it costs a little more than I want to spend (and for the extra money I spent I did not derive any extra enjoyment). I still want to try GAP and nelson sometime. Don't get RPS preimum that stuff was total garbage when I tried it. If you want to drop the coin I've heard great things about cronic...but individual results may vary (but that is true with any paint).

All in all....if you're buying from AV you'll get the best you can for the brand you are getting...it's always fresh because their turnaround on cases is so fast. Especially if you walk into their store and buy it in person.

Yeah thats the place, I drive by em on the way to and from work, and I've been hitting them up for years now, even before they were at this new location. Always been pleased but hadn't played in almost two years, and not sure what's out there now, I'm not seeing any of the stuff I used to get, but I recall having some bad paint that seemed to cause me alot of pain and suffering.

Like I said as well, my foamie must have shot out of my marker the last time I played, when I took it apart this past weekend I found it didn't have a foamie on the bolt :(

sandfreestyle
07-02-2008, 01:45 PM
The lack of a foamy will affect the way the bolt touches the ball and thus making more balls break. It's a hard surface hitting a fragile surface instead of a soft surface hitting a fragile surface.

I used Blaze the past 2 times I went out and it was good paint. Had like 2 barrel brakes but that it. I like all Procaps paint and tend to have good luck with it.

punkncat
07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
I haven't had a foamie on my bolt for months and have had zero breaks due to it.

My thoughts would be to check the bore size and see if you are using too small a barrel. I guess it would be good of me to ask, are the breaks actually in the breech or in the barrel?

What kind of hopper are you using?

I had a problem a while back that every marker I had was just demolishing paint, or so I thought. I got looking into my reloaderB and found that a small bit of plastic from the inside of a pod that got hit with a paintball had broken off and I dropped it into the hopper with the paint. The shard got stuck below the speedway and was slicing every ball as it went into the "chute".

You might try the drop test as well just to be sure if nothing else applies. GL

warpfeedmod
07-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Hate to bump and old thread, but I've had plenty of suggestions to try RPS Stinger paintballs, and pbreview seems to give them some decent reviews (I take that with a grain of salt tho)

Anyone ever use them?

comments on them?

punkncat
07-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Stinger is one of the low cost options at the local shop. I will say that if anything inconsistancy is the key word. One time I buy them for practice and it is as good as any paint out there, and then the very next batch is some of the worst crap ever.

We have a white box option that is a bit cheaper, and I tend to go for it at practice now. It isn't what I would call good paint, but it is consistantly mediocre, and haven't had problems with it busting in my hopper, odd sizes etc. like I have seen with some batches of the Stinger.

I would suggest checking into Nightmare. It has always been consistantly round and good shooting. I have had trouble with it being a bit bouncy from time to time, esp in high humidity.

warpfeedmod
07-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Stinger is one of the low cost options at the local shop. I will say that if anything inconsistancy is the key word. One time I buy them for practice and it is as good as any paint out there, and then the very next batch is some of the worst crap ever.

We have a white box option that is a bit cheaper, and I tend to go for it at practice now. It isn't what I would call good paint, but it is consistantly mediocre, and haven't had problems with it busting in my hopper, odd sizes etc. like I have seen with some batches of the Stinger.

I would suggest checking into Nightmare. It has always been consistantly round and good shooting. I have had trouble with it being a bit bouncy from time to time, esp in high humidity.

Hmm pbgear hasn't had nightmare in stock for a while. Any other local places (northwest burbs) that I can get it at? Or how about online that ships relatively well?