PDA

View Full Version : Silencing a mag

clockworkmiller
01-22-2002, 06:35 AM
Im looking for the best ways to quiet a mag. This includes barrels, bolts, frames, bodies, and spare livers if necessary.

Drizit
01-22-2002, 08:58 AM
long heavely ported barrels. but you can kiss your gas goodby and if you chop it will be a pain to clean. but look around for an 18" all american.

MikeCouves
01-22-2002, 09:43 AM
Selfish I tell you, selfish! Mags are very quiet as they are compared to most guns. Shoot your mag next to a Spyder no matter and the Spyder will sound like a car just exploded. BOOM! Lol, mags are pretty quiet. But if you want it to be quieter you could get a nice length barrel like 14" All American, they are really quiet, I know because I have one. That's about it, there's no point in getting a new bolt or nothing that just makes your gun worse and makes it easier to break down.

Minimag4me
01-22-2002, 02:29 PM
actually the superbolt quiets the ping of ss barrels. WHen delrin is hiting the ss barrel there is no ping like a ss bolt.

mini4life
01-22-2002, 04:18 PM
To start off, a 'silencer' for a paintball gun is illegal. At least in the state I am in. I checked it out. But you can drop the sound of your gun a lot. Like was stated earlier, I have a 14" dye and it is REAL quiet. Also, I have a thick piece of rubber foam that I have around and over the openings around the powerfeed on my minimag. Once you have the vented barrel, you have more sound coming from the powerfeed than anyplace else. If you put something around your powerfeed watch because the weld around the tube does not go all the way around, just on the sides so there will be gas escaping around there as well causing sound. One more thing, don't try to completely seal off the powerfeed because you will cause the powerfeed to work improperly. That is why I used rubber foam because it still lets some air through but still dampens the sound. Who says 'mag owners can't be snipers ;) Between how little sound my gun makes and my ghillie suit, I often get tags and no one have a clue where I am.

paintbattler
01-22-2002, 05:44 PM
mags dont need to be quiet