PDA

View Full Version : Various parts that came with purchuse

Mime
07-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi. Just joined up, I kinda looked around these forums for awhile ( about two months )
before I finally decided to buy my brand spankin new Tac One, and unfortunaly I was stuck in the backorder but i squeezed out about a month later.

Upon opening my box ( very exiting ) and reading the manuel and looking at the contents of my packedge, I noticed three different coloured springs that go around the Level 10 bolt.

A gold, that was already inside the marker
a Red and a silver, those were placed in a package with a nice little AO forums card. and extra parts for the Level 10 bolt.

my question. what springs are rated for what speeds/velocitys to be played with in conjunction with the marker?

also. I found what looks like a long rubber tube. its almost the size of a ruler.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk156/Mimical/DSC02324.jpg

Also. anybody know what to do before you play with it? I have done a light inspection of the internals,
( certain adjustments and such, I know to drop 6 drops of auto lub into the thread adapter and dry fire a couple times. )

** not needed to read but you might aswell anyways:
I have been playing paintball for 3 years both indoor and out. Iv played those three glorious years with my trusty 98 custom pro. I live in Canada.. for the first two of the three years of my paintball experiance I lived WAY up north.. Past the permafrost boundry line for anybody who took grade 9 geography. :)

pk5
07-03-2008, 11:37 PM
That is just a heat shrink tubing to cover your steel braided line so that it match with the marker

Wickwire
07-04-2008, 05:43 AM
The required spring may vary based on barrel length and bore.

Shortest spring- intended for speeds of ~250 fps.

Medium spring intended for speeds of ~275-300 fps

Longest spring intended for speeds of 290~300 fps. This spring may not be usable for many people while staying within your field's speed limit.

Welcome to AO.

Mime
07-04-2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the information..I should have askes this yesterday but I was a little tired.
our field is 280 maximum so usually I put it up to about 250-ish becuase Of the heat on my C02 tank. now that I have this baby im getting A nice airtank and putting that up to 275 an leaving some room for fluctuation. plus the odd time I play night games so we drop our FPS to 220, ( everything seems a little closer ) so for daytime play red spring, night time I'll use the gold.
gold for ~250
red for ~ 275 - 300
Silver may never have to be used, 290-300
Got it.

I also bought the ULE trigger pull kit. Now becuase I dont have any air ( right now, getting some on weekend ) I figured its best If i went out and played a game or two without installing the kit. so it will help with the break in period. and then after install the trigger pull kit.

does this sound like a plan to you guys? or am I better of to install the ULT, fire once, adjust shims, fire again etc ect. and then after a while re adjust shims ( iv heard that after about 1000-1500 paintballs, the marker passes the break in period, and then people have to add another shim becuase of the post-break in period )

putricio007
07-04-2008, 05:22 PM
If i read your post correctly, you're using CO2 right now? Dont use CO2 with that valve. Get your nitro tank before you do anything else and put the CO2 tank away.

Mime
07-04-2008, 07:18 PM
dont worry, iv done my home work. I wont use C02 in this thing.
I looked at about thirteen markers before I looked at this one.
iv read the manuel previous to buying the marker and I asked, alot of questions on th spec ops forum, as well as that one guy on the phones monday to thursday.

Im setting my mag up for macroline in the wide "C" pattern that will go around the trigger.
and a 68/4500 carbon fiber tank.
I was looking at the ricochet 2KX, but now im looking more at the Halo.

I cant wait to get this thing on the field. :shooting: .. AND I havnt even thought of a nick name for my Tac one.. and im not calling her tacy..thats just tacky. :)

New Problem: after getting all my stuff im stuck with a rather annoying large problem, the marker will not fire. the trigger is pressurized, or so I think, yet it wont fire.
850 PSI input, everything seems intact.
uhh... im not going to the field anytime soon.

New Update: I have disovered the problem from the help of another automagger, who shall not be named to protect his secrecy :clap: :clap: :clap:
everything is working out fine and it seems to be in perfect shape, All i have to do now is sand down my hopper feedneck and it should slide right it.

Oh Bye the way wickwire.. :hail: .... Oh dang! :rofl: