PDA

View Full Version : Where can i get a logic UMF?

exodus9824
07-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Im thinking about rebuilding my 68 classic mag. Where can i get a Logic UMF? and whats the cycle rate on a 68 classic valve?

robnix
07-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Im thinking about rebuilding my 68 classic mag. Where can i get a Logic UMF? and whats the cycle rate on a 68 classic valve?
The UMF is to long for a classic rail and gets in the way of using a foregrip.

KC
07-04-2008, 02:00 AM
I have 2 NEW ones for $125.00 each. LMK if you need one. :)

frans42000
07-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I believe that the cycle rate for the classic stainless steel A.I.R. valve that came in 68 automags/minimags is around 20bps.

exodus9824
07-04-2008, 08:43 AM
The UMF is to long for a classic rail and gets in the way of using a foregrip.

I know. Im planning to get a nother rail. But im debating whether or not i want a foregrip. Ive seen pics of upped automags with out them and they look so sleek. so i think im going to get the RPG mini-shadow rail and then pneumag it.

But besides from people on here is there a store i can buy from cause i may not have the money to spare for like another month?

going_home
07-04-2008, 08:44 AM

http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=LOGIC-UMF-MAGFRAME&Category_Code=CLOSEOUT

exodus9824
07-04-2008, 08:45 AM
http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=LOGIC-UMF-MAGFRAME&Category_Code=CLOSEOUT

Thanks

exodus9824
07-04-2008, 10:02 AM
I have another question. I know the ult kit lessens the trigger pull. But would it also increase ROF.

frans42000
07-04-2008, 10:18 AM
I have another question. I know the ult kit lessens the trigger pull. But would it also increase ROF.

It should.

However if you are going to pnuemag it, there is no point. The trigger pull on the pnuemag is determined by the 3-way valve you use to trigger the the actuator. And it is the actuator that does the heavy lifting for you. So I am not convinced that the ULT is worth having in a pnuemag.

exodus9824
07-04-2008, 10:34 AM
It should.

However if you are going to pnuemag it, there is no point. The trigger pull on the pnuemag is determined by the 3-way valve you use to trigger the the actuator. And it is the actuator that does the heavy lifting for you. So I am not convinced that the ULT is worth having in a pnuemag.

Well i was debating that cause at the same time i heard that the ULT also increase the cycle rate. And im planning to stay with my original 68 classic vlave. I just dont want to reach the cap of the gun cycling. And of the 2 acuators which ones would you say to use. im leanin towards the MSV-2

frans42000
07-04-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm about to do the same mod as you are.

Logic UMF from airsoldier.com
Fabco MSV-1 trigger 3-way
Clippard MPA-3 Actuator to trip the sear.
And a Palmers Micro Rock low pressure regulator (aka LPR)

Although I wonder if a autococker Tickler LPR with a allen key adjustment nut instead of finger knob might be smaller than a Micro Rock. That is assuming that you can remove/replace the knob.

The ULT is intended to lighten the trigger pull from 3lbs to 15oz. The way it helps a automag's rate of fire is by making the trigger walk-able. I do not believe it assists the valve to recharge shots any faster.

Having a ULT would mean that you will dial down the pnuemag LPR for a small increase in gas efficiancy, since the MPA-3 would not have to hit the sear nearly as hard, but at the expense of having to deal with ULT tuning/relaibility. Personally, I'm sticking with my stock mag on-off.

exodus9824
07-04-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm about to do the same mod as you are.

Logic UMF from airsoldier.com
Fabco MSV-1 trigger 3-way
Clippard MPA-3 Actuator to trip the sear.
And a Palmers Micro Rock low pressure regulator (aka LPR)

Although I wonder if a autococker Tickler LPR with a allen key adjustment nut instead of finger knob might be smaller than a Micro Rock. That is assuming that you can remove/replace the knob.

The ULT is intended to lighten the trigger pull from 3lbs to 15oz. The way it helps a automag's rate of fire is by making the trigger walk-able. I do not believe it assists the valve to recharge shots any faster.

Having a ULT would mean that you will dial down the pnuemag LPR for a small increase in gas efficiancy, since the MPA-3 would not have to hit the sear nearly as hard, but at the expense of having to deal with ULT tuning/relaibility. Personally, I'm sticking with my stock mag on-off.

Ok thats good to know. What kind of shootdown can i expect from the classic valve if i average 13 bps?

frans42000
07-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Ok thats good to know. What kind of shootdown can i expect from the classic valve if i average 13 bps?

I dont know, Im in the same boat as you.

Mags using co2 and 3lb triggers could be shot at 9-10bps.

From what I have read, using compressed air, a classic valve should get into the upper teens. I'm ok with that, as long as I can walk it.

exodus9824
07-04-2008, 11:35 PM
I dont know, Im in the same boat as you.

Mags using co2 and 3lb triggers could be shot at 9-10bps.

From what I have read, using compressed air, a classic valve should get into the upper teens. I'm ok with that, as long as I can walk it.

Yeah... i got a quote saying it will get around 20bps out of it. but i need to know what kind of drop i should be expecting