PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ - Help Paintball out!

Avale187
07-06-2008, 05:53 AM
Mod - Please sticky this thread if you see fit.

All,

Apparently some group of jerks in conn. decided to drive by a CVS parking lot and fire their paintball guns at the cars. They happened to put one through an open window an hit a 1 year old girl in the face that was being nursed by her mother. I personally feel it's actions like this that put the sport of paintball back, and make people fear it. The link below is to a youtube video that explains it a bit better.

Edit..... remove link.

We as a paintball community should spread the word on this one, at least that's how I feel. If you're not able to donate anything, that's cool. Just make an effort to spread the word.

Thanks,
Avale

Edit....Warning....Please dont post vids with SWEARING. :nono:

Sombody get the message to this Mike guy that he would get MORE support from AO if he could make vids without ANY cussing.

Link to story......http://www.wfsb.com/news/16726846/detail.html

bjyourk
07-06-2008, 06:08 AM
Too bad that happened and you're right....it's certainly not helping the sports image. What is he so jacked up about, though? There seems to be some underlying issue?

MANN
07-06-2008, 07:27 AM
you might want to edit that vid. I didnt watch it, but I have seen other vids of his, and well... yeah.

just sayin

questionful
07-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Mike has like ONE video out of his 100 or so that doesn't have any swearing.

Anyway, I donated a dollar. But I feel kinda bad that only this incident is being donated to. What about all the other victims of walmartgun-wielding punks shooting people/property up?

Hilltop Customs
07-06-2008, 03:41 PM
wait am I missing something? what are these donations going to? I'm guessing it was in the video?

some baby got shot in the face, got a bruise, and now donations are being accepted? me=lost

SR_matt
07-06-2008, 03:53 PM
yes it sucks that some one did that, it sucks for the sport and for the people affected by their actions but frankly if this type of story gets used to ban paintball or gives people a bad view of it, theres nothing you could have done to make them think it is safe/nice/etc. same thing with gun violence.

ya i hate it when people do this but ya cant do anything about it that is going to change anything since its not my local community other than to make people know what is acceptable and safe that play the sport around me

-matt

wetwrks
07-06-2008, 03:56 PM
You need to be REALLY careful who you give money to. Sometimes things like this are used to raise money to ban paintball or firearms and a lot of the time it just goes into someones pocket.

bjyourk
07-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Is he always so animated though?

questionful
07-06-2008, 08:10 PM
He did look especially angry at the end of this video.

SR_matt, I agree with you that donating to just one of these incidents isn't going to do much. But it's symbolic. It's a way to tell the non-paintballing world, "Yeah, we know there are a bunch of *****'s running around doing stuff with paintball guns, but please don't associate paintball with this attitude, or generalize paintballers as *****'s."

SR_matt
07-06-2008, 08:17 PM
ive kind of gotten over the symbolic jesters, ive kind of just gotten to the point of following the bumper sticker that says "stop bi***ing, start a revolution".

maybe ive just become jaded but i think there are 3 choices, do nothing, state your point and make it known, or do something about it that makes difference

-matt

questionful
07-06-2008, 08:21 PM
That's a good way to put it. :)

I think TechPB's "thing" is to choose the third option. I guess donating $250 out of his pocket is Mike's way of "doing something about it". We'll see how much it does. If the media got a hold of this, it might have a big effect. A corny story goes a long way in getting people's attention.