PDA

View Full Version : Ace Milling For You Emag

Xmagterror
07-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Just thought i would drop all of you a line and let you guys know that we are now milling EMAG Frames, Rails and Bodies to accept the ACE system. I milled a couple of guns over the weekend and Fitment is great. I intend to go back to the the level 7 bolt in my EMAX to pick up some PBS and also maybe more shots per tank.

This should be great news for a bunch of you because now you have the option of running ACE without spending a ton of money picking up a XMAG or SFL!!!!!!! Use that excuse for the wife or GF. LOL

all info is in the Dealers section.

KC will be starting the board preorder very soon.

questionful
07-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Wait -- switching to L7 from L10 increases BPS?

Ruler_Mark
07-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Wait -- switching to L7 from L10 increases BPS?

effieceny too

Xmagterror
07-06-2008, 08:45 PM
I have heard lvl 7 is capable of shooting faster. Maybe just a myth but i intend to try it.

Dewok82
07-06-2008, 09:08 PM
:clap: to you and all the other enthusiasts continuing to offer new products and services for Automags. AGD itself may not be coming out with anything new, but you and a handful of others are keeping things exciting.

IMHO, switching back to a L7 bolt isn't such a great idea. I own 2 'mags with breakbeam eyes and an X-Mag with a working ACE. I've experimented with a L7 bolt on all of them and always switch back to L10. Yes, you get slightly better efficiency with L7. However, in these days of all-day air, the almost negligible increase isn't a real advantage. BPS increase? Maybe, but when are you ever allowed to or ever need to shoot more than 15 (13.3) BPS? Yes, the L10 bolt is slightly more maintenance-intensive, but they don't take a brain surgeon to troubleshoot or tune.

The main reason I prefer to keep a L10 bolt in my ACE-equipped 'mags isn't the anti-chop capabilities, but rather the reduced reciprocating mass. IIRC, a L10 bolt is ~58% lighter than a stock L7 bolt. When shooting at high ROFs, you most certainly CAN tell the difference. The L10 feels much smoother.

BenoitOWN
07-06-2008, 09:46 PM
I can't wait to complete this project e-mag that I am building from the ground up look like now. It cost me as much as a Xmag and even more. :wow:

Oregon_pb_
07-06-2008, 10:51 PM
with the oh so short feednecks since Lvl10 hit the scene, anyone try putting Lvl7 back in and sticking your finger in the breech? :eek:

the ubber long feednecks/PF's back in the lvl7/pre days were there for a reason i think. :tard: