PDA

View Full Version : I need help with a board install

07-07-2008, 01:55 PM
SO I bought a Universal Tboard from Scenario Dreams for my Emag (which had no board when I got it) I paid the extra for the install, and off to Cal my Emag goes.
Damon (one of the best guys you could ever deal with) had never worked with an Emag before. So after a few glitches he thought he got it working right, by replacing the HES with a reed switch. When I got it back the reed switch is not going to work. It will flutter if the trigger is pulled back very slowly, but not enough to get the noid to cycle. So back to Cal it goes.
Now all this is taking place while Scenario DReams is moving to Texas, so Damon is a bit preoccupied. After much trying on his part, I got my Emag back but it isnt working

Im not very good at the electronic end of a paintball gun, even less with an Emag which this is my first, So Im looking for someone who can finish the install and troubleshoot my mag

Who should I talk to?

divil
07-07-2008, 02:36 PM
SO I bought a Universal Tboard from Scenario Dreams for my Emag (which had no board when I got it) I paid the extra for the install, and off to Cal my Emag goes.
Damon (one of the best guys you could ever deal with) had never worked with an Emag before. So after a few glitches he thought he got it working right, by replacing the HES with a reed switch. When I got it back the reed switch is not going to work. It will flutter if the trigger is pulled back very slowly, but not enough to get the noid to cycle. So back to Cal it goes.
Now all this is taking place while Scenario DReams is moving to Texas, so Damon is a bit preoccupied. After much trying on his part, I got my Emag back but it isnt working

Im not very good at the electronic end of a paintball gun, even less with an Emag which this is my first, So Im looking for someone who can finish the install and troubleshoot my mag

Who should I talk to?

i just put one in my xmag, because my didnt have a board in it. the universal t-board works great. just to let you know i didnt try to use eyes. i don't understand why he couldn't get it to work.

p8ntbal4me
07-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Ive got one in my E-Mag as well,... I havent had any problems with it.

~ P8nt

divil
07-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Ive got one in my E-Mag as well,... I havent had any problems with it.

~ P8nt

did you install the eyes?

flyingpootang
07-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Don't use a reed switch the stock will work fine. First verify which wiring harness you have at scenario dreams: http://scenariodreams.com/manuals/universal_install.htm .Using example "B" from Scenario Dreams, connect the red (HES) wire to the + side of the trigger (UTB) orange, black (HES) wire to the - side of the trigger (UTB) orange, yellow (HES) to the black + 5 volt out (UTB).
I posted a Mini Morlock install manual you can use it for reference or pm me for help. http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193084

***NOTE*** If your marker will not fire swap the 2 orange wires (UTB) that connect the trigger + & -

flyingpootang
07-08-2008, 09:58 AM
did you install the eyes?

Eyes are not needed with the L10 bolt. I have 5 E/X mags with out eyes and still haven't chopped yet....

07-08-2008, 05:20 PM
So Im comparing my Tboard to the examples
Ive got wiring harness type A
theres a large capacitor wired into the power in and the ground (black and black) is it necessary?
The black 5v out has been removed. Is there any other place I can tap into to get the voltage (like the led, or the membrane, or the eye)?
I will be installing an eye, bounce beam in the bottom of the breech, but thats going to have to wait until I get the electronics up and going.

flyingpootang
07-08-2008, 07:52 PM
theres a large capacitor wired into the power in and the ground (black and black) is it necessary?
The black 5v out has been removed. Is there any other place I can tap into to get the voltage (like the led, or the membrane, or the eye)?
I will be installing an eye, bounce beam in the bottom of the breech, but thats going to have to wait until I get the electronics up and going.

(1) You need the large capacitor to store enough energy for your solenoid to work properly.
(2) Use a multimeter to test the EP power (UTB) red, the + eye (UTB) blue, or the common membrane (UTB) yellow for 5 volts at rest to connect to the HES (AGD)orange
(3) It's up to you on the eyes. Check with LUKE for milling the rail/installing the eyes or KC for a ACE board conversion.....

07-08-2008, 08:48 PM
As soon as I figure out where I put the HES, Ill try wiring it up

Thanks

p8ntbal4me
07-08-2008, 09:42 PM

What do you mean the black 5volt has been removed?

If you dont have the wire that you need,.. stop.

Go to the SD home page and spend the $12 for a new harness.

Tapping into other components may not allow you to use the other ones.

And the worst part of trying to splice into other power sources,... if you fry the board your warrenty is void.

I did up the wire diagrams found on the SD home page,.. if you have some questions,.. post em up and we can help!

~ P8nt

flyingpootang
07-09-2008, 02:38 PM
If the black 5v is missing you can remove one of the wires that isn't being utalized and replace it into the missing position. As far as frying the board as long as the 5volt source isn't being used or shared by something that draws a lot of current I wouldn't worry about cooking it...

07-09-2008, 04:38 PM
the 5v wire had been clipped flush with the harness
I was able to get the small clip out of the harness, and think I can reattach a new wire to it, as soon as my new HES arrives from AGD, or my old one resurfaces (which will happen the day after the replacement shows up Im sure)

07-17-2008, 07:08 AM
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!
turns out that the Red and Yellow wires are reversed, and the magnet in the trigger needed to be flipped, but it works. Im going to give it a hard workout this Saturday and see how it holds up

Thanks for the help everyone. :headbang: