PDA

View Full Version : Please read! Air System Danger!

mfaded
07-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure if everyone is aware of this, but I found this information on a different forum. It is about the danger of ACI Bulldog air systems.

Safety Notice: ACI Bulldog Air Systems - Special Ops Forum (http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=151256)

Bang and Breach
07-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Removed.

Dewok82
07-08-2008, 05:31 PM
So this isn't a real safety notice, it's some yahoo taking the reviews on PBReview seriously.

"insufficient Loctite on the threads" Give me a break.

07-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Ive got 2 47/3000 tanks with ACI Bulldogs on them, and Ive never had an issue
got them new in 05

MoeMag
07-08-2008, 06:10 PM
None of my tanks have loctite. with no pressure in them they screw right off. with pressure... you would have to get a wrench and really fubar up some stuff (like yourself in the process) to get it off.

WAIT, now that I think about it MOST of our tanks have been shipped to the shop without locktite in the past 2 years.

Thats not an issue unless your a total idiot.

Then...
I have ever only seen one burst disk totally fail. The tank was in a car well over 200 degrees, and it had a chunk of O-ring in it that had it cloged up somehow on the 1.8k reg out disk.

Honestly... its a burst disk. put a new one and off ya go. If Someone can tell me how a reg body can cause a burst disk to blow... aside from why they normally blow I would love to know. They are not held in with locktite... its a brass 'smash seal' fitting.

skife
07-08-2008, 07:44 PM
i've had an ACI bulldog 2 reg for years, never ever had an issue with it once.

BTW: burst disk is supposed to blow with extreme pressure behind it... thats what they do when there is to much pressure

ZEROte
07-08-2008, 08:27 PM
that post is almost two months old. and i lol'ed. its just someone trying to bash aci

russc
07-10-2008, 02:31 PM
i've had an ACI bulldog 2 reg for years, never ever had an issue with it once.

BTW: burst disk is supposed to blow with extreme pressure behind it... thats what they do when there is to much pressure

Burst discs aren't supposed to blow the fitting out of the reg body.