PDA

View Full Version : Zgrip drop question

Tim Jacobitz
01-22-2002, 12:53 PM
I am using a flatline 68/3000. When attached to my Z-grip the tank is to close to the grip. I like how far the stock drop of the tank leves the tank. but I would like it to angle the tank about 15 degrees. That way the tank works better as a stock, and curves enough to allow a comfortable hold on the grip. My question is does any one make suck a thing? If so where can I find one?

Smokee_2_7
01-22-2002, 04:30 PM
Is this what your talking about doing?

Tim Jacobitz
01-22-2002, 04:43 PM
That is exactly what I am talking about, but I need it to work with a flatline tank.

Tim Jacobitz
01-22-2002, 04:48 PM
this is my set up as it stands know

Smokee_2_7
01-22-2002, 04:53 PM
Hmmm. The only way i can think of right off the bat to do that with a flatline tank is to change the Drop forward to somthin like a kapp dz2 (I know ive seen a cradle kinda like the Drop zone that had a slight angle at which the tank cradel attached to the drop forward rod. . . . .if it wasnt the DZ 2 itself. . .)

But, that would mean that you would loose the flatline drop, and mess up other positioning of the tank which you like. So, i really dont know what to tell you. . . wait. . I might have an idea. . .

(continued a minute later, after i figured out what i was thinking about. . )

Ok, i found these lil guys on KAPP's website. It looks as if the top part mounts to you frame, and the bottom part has a 3\8 dovetail for mounting your airsystem on it. . but i noticed some holes in the dovetail portion. It might be possible to screw the flatline drop to the kapp drop- - effectivly just swining your air system down a few degrees. IF you can mount the flatline drop to the kapp one, you can get the custom products dovetail adaptor for the flatline, and just loose the AGD drop entirely.

Hope this helpds.

Tim Jacobitz
01-22-2002, 04:59 PM
dude you are my hero. Thanks that is the perfict solution. I am ordering on right know.

Smokee_2_7
01-22-2002, 05:03 PM
Lol.

No problem man. Thats what we're here for.
Hey, if ya dont mind, post a pic of what the thing looks like when you get it all set up. Im kinda curious.

Tim Jacobitz
01-22-2002, 05:19 PM
I will but it is gonig to look radicly diffrent with all the new stuff I just ordered. I will post a complete picture of the gun as well as of the new tank set up. All the parts should be here in a week or 2. I will e-mail you a picture also if you want.

Smokee_2_7
01-22-2002, 05:39 PM
sweet.

Yeah, if you dont mind go ahead and email it to me. have you seen what load SM5 has done w/ my z grip? he's not done with it yet. . . here's the pic load posted a few days ago - - this is what looks like right now, ill have updates as follows.

Tim Jacobitz
01-22-2002, 08:07 PM
That's tight. How can I get that done to my Z-grip?

Smokee_2_7
01-23-2002, 10:04 AM
PM load SM5. He's the one that came up with the acrylic panels for his emag. I usually get to play some ball with him when I go home from school- - - After he started on the emag grips, he wanted to try out some stuff for Z-grips- - - So i let him borrow my gun and said 'have at it'.

The grip panels are Clear acrylic, with the metallic flames on the inside, so they dont get ripped off. Also (it's not really noticible in the pic) he puts finger grooves into the panels. I played w/ the gun a couple weeks ago with the un-flammed panels on it and It was very comfortable. Just as comfy as the stock ones (if not more so) and the look alot cooler.

Right now he's in the process of making some matching flames to go on my main body. Should be pretty neat.

Jeff (Load) works at some kind of sign shop, and gets to play around with fun materials like the acrylic- -- as well he has access to making some cool and/or funny custom stickers. Check out this one he put on one of the ref's mags at North Alabama Paintball:

Smokee_2_7
01-23-2002, 10:06 AM
here's one of Load and his clear grips for his SFL:

Smokee_2_7
01-23-2002, 10:08 AM
And finally, one of me playing with the grips on my zmag (although you cant really see them 'cause im so wrapped up around the gun. oh well, i think its a cool looking picture.)

Tim Jacobitz
01-23-2002, 10:26 AM
The last picture didn't come through. Does he sell thouse grips? I showed my friend the mag sticker. He shoots a cocker and needless to say he was not amused(I was). Could he make stickers too, I have a few good ideas for ones.

Smokee_2_7
01-23-2002, 10:37 AM
hmmm not sure why the last pic dosent show for you. . . oh well.

Yes, he does sell the grips. He can also do some stickers. Like i said, your best bet is to PM him and ask him for details. Also, you might like to know that he can do the grips in a few different colors, also.

MINIMAGMAN
01-23-2002, 10:40 AM
how come we dont see autococker people making fun of MAGS? maybe its because its true and they dont want to say anything false about mags?

Paintballer86
01-23-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by MINIMAGMAN
maybe its because its true and they dont want to say anything false about mags? Yes. :D

Tim Jacobitz
01-23-2002, 11:43 AM
I e-mailed him and am waiting for him to get back to me. I don't know why but I can see the last picture now. Pretty cool. Do you have a team and if so what is its name?

lopxtc
01-23-2002, 12:14 PM
Could some post a static photo (not in game, just if you are bored and got time to kill) of the following ..

1) How you hold the Z-Grip when running ... since most of us front guys sprint at the start I was wondering how you go about holding it...

2) A tucked in photo .. I saw one up a few posts, but like he said couldnt see the grips...

Ive just always wondered how you run with the Z-Grip ... seemed like a kewl toy and always wondered about it...

Thanks,

Aaron

Smokee_2_7
01-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Lopxtc,

Sure thing. Ill have my z-grip down here friday afternoon. As soon as jeff gets here with it, well take the pics youre asking for. Ill post them in this thread.

Tim,

no, not playing on a team right now. reason being time and money. As soon as I can get some more cash saved up, Ill do what I can about getting a team started.

lopxtc
01-23-2002, 03:37 PM
Smokee_2_7 --

Thanks alot...cant wait to see them.

Aaron