PDA

View Full Version : Xvalve Anodizing Questions

going_home
07-11-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm pondering anodizing an Xvalve . How do you get the metal stud out of the valve . Or in th case of not removing it where can you get another one . What anodizers have successfully anodized one and what is a fair price to get one dusted black .

Zone Drifter
07-11-2008, 01:26 PM
I did have The Fool do an x-valve orange for me, and I believe he had to dissolve out the stud. I just put in a trimmed down old school pin back in, works just fine. But yeah, give him a shout, the valve i sent him was almost trashed, but I decided to let him play with it and It came out great. Works just like it should no problem. As for price... heck, anything from him is fair price in my opinion.

BigEvil
07-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I should pull out. May take a little effort. Try to lock the back part of the valve down in a vise (padded of course). Use a little heat, and a good pair of pliers to work it out.

Oh, btw - after you reanno it - that hole WILL NOT be in the same place as it was before.

Ruler_Mark
07-11-2008, 01:31 PM
with a good vice you can rip the stud off. AGD stocks them I beleive.

bazooka boy, gba, thefool to top the list i know have done valves

Smoothice
07-11-2008, 02:17 PM
bazooka boy just did mine. :hail:

I'm working on a special introduction so I can't show any pics quit yet.

BenoitOWN
07-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Could it be possible to get a raw x-valve from agd and in part? Cause I would like to have one anoed in blue but I just don't want to spend 280$ and missing part. Or if anyone know how many we need to have a new single color x-valve from agd?

seekandestroy78
07-11-2008, 02:31 PM
i live in virginia, and i go to pevs where RobAGD (for those of you who remember him) works. i asked about annoing my flatline reg and he more or less yelled at me. getting something i just spend around $200 turned into a paper weight is a bad idea.

TnDeathInc
07-11-2008, 02:37 PM
i live in virginia, and i go to pevs where RobAGD (for those of you who remember him) works. i asked about annoing my flatline reg and he more or less yelled at me. getting something i just spend around $200 turned into a paper weight is a bad idea.

too many vales have been done recently for this paperweight thing to continue. Gruntbull did mine with no problems.

SCpoloRicker
07-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Tolerances!!1

/lol

BigEvil
07-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Could it be possible to get a raw x-valve from agd and in part? Cause I would like to have one anoed in blue but I just don't want to spend 280$ and missing part. Or if anyone know how many we need to have a new single color x-valve from agd?

I dont think so. Tuna can get ones to make custom because he sends them back and has them laser engraved with serial numbers. He also mills the hole for and installs the Z lock pin.

sandfreestyle
07-11-2008, 05:30 PM
BAZOOKA BOY just did the one on my joker mag. Works and looks great.

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=232530

Beemer
07-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Oh, btw - after you reanno it - that hole WILL NOT be in the same place as it was before.

Do the Elves move it? :ninja: Why not?

sandfreestyle
07-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Do the Elves move it? :ninja: Why not?
I think the stock black ano is a little thicker than when people do a re-ano. I have two valves (1 complete and 1 has just the reg done) and both of them have the z-pin in a different place.

MANN
07-11-2008, 07:23 PM
just leave the zpin out. all they do is help align the valve for the on/off.

Ruler_Mark
07-11-2008, 07:34 PM
just leave the zpin out. all they do is help align the valve for the on/off.

or prevent the reg body from unscrewing when its gased up when you adjust the velocity.

MANN
07-11-2008, 07:43 PM
or prevent the reg body from unscrewing when its gased up when you adjust the velocity.

hmmmm. I dont think I have ever had my reg turn when turning my velocity.

I have 3-4 from xvalves if you need one GH. I have at least that many if not more for am/mms.

seekandestroy78
07-12-2008, 07:30 PM
intolerance WILL NOT be tolerated.

gruntbull
07-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Here is my 2 cents.

We have done I would say about 12 of them.

1 didnt work
1 had issues but worked

10 work

That is not odds that I like, the reason is these are very well machined to exacting tolerances. We will run them, but like a guy today asked on a CNC Euro if we should do it, I told him not if it is the original valve. (BTW it will be a sexy CNC Euro once done, guaranteed)

So you have our numbers on losses and success with X's I suggest you consider if you dont mind a 200 plus paperweight. I dont have an X valved Mag anymore, but when I get one, it will be anodized, it is safe, but if there are issues from the machining process on that valve it will DEFINITELY transfer over into ano.

BenoitOWN
07-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Does duracoat will make the valve not to fit inside a body?

BAZOOKA_Boy
07-17-2008, 12:45 PM
so far I have done 8 valves, and I am 8 for 8, actually, I had to anno one twice, on my own personal marker due to a stupid mistake on my part :mad: thats something I will never to again!

anyway, the valves are easy to anno and make work correctly, I try to add as close to as I can the original thickness of anno, I belive I get pretty close, many of the valves take no extra tuning, other just have a break in time, but they all work. I think that the success rate depends on your stripper, not the anno, not the dye, not the seal, but the stripping process, NEVER walk away from it, stay on top of it, it takes a while, but its pretty much gonna work if you watch it carefully. I actually assembled my first one and tested it when it was totally stripped and raw, worked fine, so I annoed it, added a small break in time of about 1000 shots, and off I go with a perfectly good working annoed valve :D

so all the talk of it can't be done, yes it can, and not just on new X's either, I did an older "Xvalve" of smoothice's and it works fine, no leaks, and what not, will have a break in probably, but nothing major.

so yea, from someone that has had 100% success so far I say why be so terrified to anno them, as long as you know your annoer is going to watch them like a hawk through stripping to ensure the tolerences are not strayed from too far.

my $.02

Smoothice
07-17-2008, 12:49 PM
so all the talk of it can't be done, yes it can, and not just on new X's either, I did an older "Xvalve" of smoothice's and it works fine, no leaks, and what not, will have a break in probably, but nothing major.

http://www.bigevilonline.com/images/smilies/bananacha.gif pics to come :ninja:

TnDeathInc
07-17-2008, 07:46 PM
this one turned out fine as well - from gruntbull multiple colors

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l308/hookkick13/vers2.jpg

Smoothice
07-19-2008, 05:36 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=233097 :D