PDA

View Full Version : rt classic goes nutz/small leak

dontfconmigo21
07-12-2008, 10:29 AM
I went to shoot a bit in the backyard today with my rt classic. I did the usual routine, couple of drops of oil in the ASA and let'er rip. I noticed two things:

1) There seemed to be a small leak i could hear near the back of the reg.
2) RT effect like crazy. I must have been getting close to the full 26cps, because the thing sounded like a damn lawn mower. Here's the catch: input psi was 850psi.

So I degassed the gun, took the valve out, wiped it down, reapplied oil, and gassed it back up. This time I still had the small leak, but upon pulling the trigger I noticed the rt effect was nearly non-existent.

I then took the valve back out, replied oil in the asa, and gassed it up. Once again, some really crazy rt effect with only 850psi input pressure.

Any ideas where to start with fixing it? Maybe (Hopefully) just a good cleaning?

BigEvil
07-12-2008, 12:08 PM
The leak out of the back means that either the velocity is WAY too high or the piston went bad. Back the velocity adjuster out a bid and try it. It would be helpful if you could chrono it and then see if you still have these problems.

dontfconmigo21
07-12-2008, 01:08 PM
hmm, interesting. I haven't touched the velocity adjustment since the last time it was dialed in at 280fps.

I'll back off the anyway anyway just to see what happens.

dontfconmigo21
07-13-2008, 05:23 PM
well, I now have the same exact problem on my x-valve. The rt doesn't leak anymore, I turned the velocity down, but I'm getting some crazy rt effect on both my rt and my x-valve. It looks to me that the x is having trouble resetting its trigger. Same with the rt maybe. I lobed both on/offs and still no luck.

Any more ideas?

snoopay700
07-13-2008, 06:41 PM
It's the regulator piston most likely, buy a new one for your classic, see if it fixes it, if not then i really don't know what to tell you.