PDA

View Full Version : hmmmm.. issues-a-many

sffudapparel
07-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Alright, where to start...

Took my mag out and it was having horrible issues today. I have an xvalve/lvl10/ult

First - My trigger won't push out. I've never messed with my ULT, I've taken it out and looked at it but never took it apart or anything. But even when I air up right now it won't push out. It just leaks down the barrel pretty bad right now. It keeps "firing" doing the lvl10 chuff like it's a clock (just keeps chuffing every second or so, although I'm not pulling the trigger at all.)

Second - Earlier today, it would fire, but only if I had the pressure at 350FPS or above. That is with a 1 carrier, no shims, gold spring (1.5 carrier leaks down the barrel)

I'm going to be sitting here trying to figure this out if anyone could help. I'm not sure why it did this today, as last week it was fine.

Thanks in advance. I can provide pictures or instant feedback if you need more info.

Ty

hmudd13
07-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Alright, where to start...

Took my mag out and it was having horrible issues today. I have an xvalve/lvl10/ult

First - My trigger won't push out. I've never messed with my ULT, I've taken it out and looked at it but never took it apart or anything. But even when I air up right now it won't push out. It just leaks down the barrel pretty bad right now. It keeps "firing" doing the lvl10 chuff like it's a clock (just keeps chuffing every second or so, although I'm not pulling the trigger at all.)

Second - Earlier today, it would fire, but only if I had the pressure at 350FPS or above. That is with a 1 carrier, no shims, gold spring (1.5 carrier leaks down the barrel)

I'm going to be sitting here trying to figure this out if anyone could help. I'm not sure why it did this today, as last week it was fine.

Thanks in advance. I can provide pictures or instant feedback if you need more info.

Ty
Well just today I was having the chuffing by itself issue with my new pump mag.
After changing springs, spacers and orings, it turned out to be a leaking on/off. Maybe just try some lube first, then the on/off orings.

sffudapparel
07-12-2008, 09:03 PM
hmm yeah I oiled them up and it's back to normal :cheers:

too bad it took me 2 hours at the field and an hour or two at home to try that haha.
I guess oil in the ASA doesn't reach the on/off??

Anywho, thanks!

BigTrucker
07-13-2008, 09:25 PM
hmm yeah I oiled them up and it's back to normal :cheers:

too bad it took me 2 hours at the field and an hour or two at home to try that haha.
I guess oil in the ASA doesn't reach the on/off??

Anywho, thanks!
Yea it doesn't. What i do before every game day is to take off the hose and put in about 3-5 drops of oil right into the air inlet part of the valve, this way i know the oil is in there.

sffudapparel
07-13-2008, 10:16 PM
gotcha. I guess I'll have to check my velocity next week at the field to see what's the deal with that. Unless I can grab and chrono before then..