PDA

View Full Version : noise when my gun shoots

frogoa
07-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Unless i hold my barrel there is a clank when i fire my automag. I hope its not something hitting the barrel. Its a standard automag. I noticed after I took the gun apart.

Is this normal?

snoopay700
07-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Unless i hold my barrel there is a clank when i fire my automag. I hope its not something hitting the barrel. Its a standard automag. I noticed after I took the gun apart.

Is this normal?
If you can take a video and put it on youtube i can help more probably, if it happens when you shoot paint then i'd probably have to hear it, otherwise it could be something with the bolt, hmm, i'm sort of boggled by this.

Quickly disassembly your gun and make sure that the power tube tip is on all the way.

frans42000
07-12-2008, 11:49 PM
Could your bolt mainspring be on backwards?

frogoa
07-13-2008, 01:11 AM
I could have put it on backwards. I didn't know it could be on backwards.

questionful
07-13-2008, 02:17 PM
The cut springs sometimes used as middle-length springs on Level 10 set-ups do have a certain orientation, I think the non-cut part is supposed to face the bolt. But other than that, it doesn't matter. And I don't think that's the problem.

Maybe the twistlock assy isn't holding the barrel down solidly? Does your barrel have both the barrel O-rings on it? Also, check to make sure your bumper is there.

michbich
07-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Do you have the rubber bumper between the bolt and valve?

ThePixelGuru
07-13-2008, 07:54 PM
I've heard some 'mags ping when then fire, but it's never seemed to be a problem. I've had 'mags start and stop doing it randomly, though I never figured out why, what it was or found any damage.

olinar
07-13-2008, 10:04 PM
as mentioned i would check the blue bumper and make sure you have a bushing in place on the thumbscrew.

some noise and clinging is normal on some mags, I had a classic that made a clanking noise but worked just fine.

seekandestroy78
07-14-2008, 07:21 AM
sounds like business as usual. a field i used to work at had rental mags, some of them "pinged"(exactly what it sounded like actually) and some of them didnt. noone else made a big deal about it.

never had any of my mags do that tho.

athomas
07-16-2008, 06:02 AM
It depends on the barrel you use. The old crown point barrels had a distinctive "ping" to them.