PDA

View Full Version : Diff between RT and RT Pro

finklogangt@yahoo.com
07-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Howdy folks,

New to the Automag world. Curious, what distinguishes between an Automag RT and Automag RT Pro?

georgeyew
07-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Howdy folks,

New to the Automag world. Curious, what distinguishes between an Automag RT and Automag RT Pro?

The RT Pros have valves that are compatible with the rest of the ADG line of markers. The RT Classic has a special type of valve that require gas through the rail. The performance on the valves are virtually the same though.

secretweaponevan
07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
The RT Pros have valves that are compatible with the rest of the ADG line of markers. The RT Classic has a special type of valve that require gas through the rail. The performance on the valves are virtually the same though.

Correct. RT Classics will also not accept ULE Trigger Kits without professional modifications and they have different on/off pin lengths.

Here is more detailed info from over the pond.
http://www.automagsuk.com/classicandrt.html

questionful
07-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Basically, don't get an RT (referred to as the "classic RT" to avoid confusion) unless you want to keep it pretty stock. If you want a mag that you can swap parts in to make it smaller, lighter, cooler, whatever -- get an RT pro.

snoopay700
07-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Not virtually the same, they are the same, it's not a special valve per se, it's just the outside of the valve has a smaller diameter and instead of the air input being on the side it's on the bottom, but other than that it's the same as a Retro valve. All RT valves are the same, they function the same, the one difference other than the ones that i've mentioned is the RT valve and the Retro valves can't take the ULT.

And questionful, you can make one lighter fairly easily, you can mill the rail, you can use a ULE body if you make a sleeve, you can make them pneumatic or even put emag lowers on them if you make the back mounting hole bigger. The one thing that i don't like about my RT is that it has a powerfeed, i would rather it have a center feed but it doesn't bother me that much, haven't gotten hopper hits on it in a while.

finklogangt@yahoo.com
07-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Great information guys.... Much appreciated. :)

pmstc
07-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Nowadays the terms are used relatively interchangeably, so if you see a RT mag for sale, that doesn't necessarily mean that its a classic RT mag.