PDA

View Full Version : on/off pin length?

BOB THE ALMIGHTY
07-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Howdy,
I finally was able to purchase a second mag and cant wait to start playing with it. I got a classic valved mag with a hurricane back. I was just wondering if I were to throw my old rt on/off into it what i would have to get for a pin length. When i tried it the other day every time i pulled the trigger it did not fire so my guess was that the pin was just to long or short so the on/off wasnt opening. Im using an old dye single trigger frame on a classic rail. Not so sure bout what sear I have. Any idea if its just the pin or if its something else entirely. Thanks!

secretweaponevan
07-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Howdy,
I finally was able to purchase a second mag and cant wait to start playing with it. I got a classic valved mag with a hurricane back. I was just wondering if I were to throw my old rt on/off into it what i would have to get for a pin length. When i tried it the other day every time i pulled the trigger it did not fire so my guess was that the pin was just to long or short so the on/off wasnt opening. Im using an old dye single trigger frame on a classic rail. Not so sure bout what sear I have. Any idea if its just the pin or if its something else entirely. Thanks!

If it fires fine with the classic on/off but not the RT's on/off, I would suspect that there would be your problem.

If the RT on/off came out of an RT Pro, they use a longer (.765" compared to .750") pin and that would make sense given the symptoms you described.

flyingpootang
07-15-2008, 11:56 AM
If your trigger is heavy and will not fire use a shorter on/off pin. A heavy trigger is when you have the full regulator pressure on top of the on/off pin. If your trigger is light, but doesn't fire you need to lengthen your trigger actuation rod. In all my classics I use a RT on/off with a .750 pin.....