PDA

View Full Version : Impulses, kinds, experience, info NEED!!!!!!!!

Mega Man
01-22-2002, 05:39 PM
I want too know about Impulses. I think I am gonna get one but I want some info, pros and cons, opinions, etc. I know of the stock (vision), Freak Factory, Meteor, and 32 degrees versions but I dont really know about any of them.

irbodden
01-22-2002, 05:41 PM
The Rat Impy, get ahold of Maghappy for info.

cockroach
01-22-2002, 07:18 PM
As an Impulse owner heres what I know,
32*= cosmetics no performance gains
TKO = cosmetics, maybee comes with delrin bolt
Metor= cosmetics
Demonic= Probably the most hopped up imp out right now, pricey
Adrenilin= not available yet
Freak Factory= the original souped up imp out of production but still a great marker
Rat= from e-paintballoutlet, hot new version
fear factory= ?
Eclipse= cosmetics
coming soon "moonlight" imps from e-paintball
just off the top of my head

Mega Man
01-22-2002, 07:20 PM
cockroach, what kind of imp do you have?

IceCool32
01-22-2002, 07:45 PM
As an Impulse owner heres what I know,
32*= cosmetics no performance gains
TKO = The best performance Impulse out right now.
Metor= cosmetics
Demonic= Pretty much looks, no performance gain
Adrenilin= To be the sweetest Impulse, ever made.
Freak Factory= the original souped up imp out of production but still a great marker
Rat= Awesome new Impy from FOM at E-paintballoutlet.com(great place to do buisness)
Eclipse= cosmetics

I've got a stock Impulse, vert max flow, Stretch Z Drop Forward, blade trigger, with Tapeworm and Delrin bolt on their way.

I can get 9 bps now, there isn't much more performance you can get out of a Impulse. 1200 shots off an anti-syphon on/off'ed 20oz. CO2 tank with no freezes what so ever in 12 degree weather, it was crazy, but fun.

Cheap, fast, reliable, efficent. All you need in a single marker.

RT 01037
01-22-2002, 07:47 PM
just skip that stuff and get a mag:D

paintbattler
01-22-2002, 07:48 PM
my teammate has a 32* impy and VISION DONT WORK.dont ask why but i dont think he knows how to work it lol. when he carries it, it adjusts the velocity cu the velocity is on the reg (which he holds)

Ov3rmind
01-22-2002, 09:29 PM
Well, the Ratpulse seems to be the latest craze among Impy fanatics. I still think the Demonic rules overall though. The FF is also nice. Mainly, the Meteor, 32 Degrees, and others have more cosmaetic changes than real performance upgrades.

Mega Man
01-22-2002, 09:31 PM
I already have a mag, I just want another toy to mess around :p with and all the people I have talked too say they are really nice guns, but I wanted my trusted AO buddys opinions on the gun before I get a new toy.:D

Tim Jacobitz
01-24-2002, 03:14 PM
I have a freak factory impulse. I bought it because my team mates kept pressureing me to get an eletro. I love it. The only thing faster is my friends F5. the anti chop eye is a must. the only con is that there is baicly no trigger pull. No trigger pull sounds like a good thing, but if you don't have your finger behind the trigger when you run you will shoot your self in the foot. Don't laugh I once did it in a tournment(ok now laugh). If you must get an impulse and can afford it get the freak factory. It is worth the money.

A side note mine is colecting dust. I much perfer and am much better with my mag. I only use the impulse when my team mates gang up on me.

Mega Man
01-24-2002, 05:05 PM
Tim Jacobitz, if you dont want that nasty old impulse I would be happy to take it off your hands :D

Tim Jacobitz
01-24-2002, 05:41 PM
Sorry as much as I complane about it I do love it. It is a deffint keeper that is why I recomend it.

Mega Man
01-24-2002, 05:59 PM
I see, well I guess if it wasn't that good of a gun then you would be selling it but since your not it must be a really nice gun. I'm still not sure wich to get, I really want a Freak Factory one but they are pretty expensive. I am leaning towards a stock with Vision and a nitro tank for 850 at bbtpaintball.com

Tim Jacobitz
01-24-2002, 07:22 PM
850 is a good deal. What does it come with for a stock barrel? How big is the nitro tank?

Mega Man
01-24-2002, 07:46 PM
Includes: Smart Parts Vision Impulse Turbo, gadget grip, Max-Flow 68ci 4500psi HPA tank with Max-Flow regulator, 14" Smart Parts All American barrel.

Tim Jacobitz
01-24-2002, 07:55 PM
That is a really good deal. I would buy it if I were you. If you do let me know what you think of it when you get if. And I can't stress enough to keep your finger behind the trigger when running.

IceCool32
01-24-2002, 08:00 PM
or when running, do not have your fingers in the trigger guard, as it would result in instant death.

magsRus
01-24-2002, 08:17 PM
heres mine

Tim Jacobitz
01-24-2002, 08:31 PM
there are no springs in a freaks trigger. so the pull is so lite that the slightest jar such as that of running causes the gun to fire. So keeping my fingers out of the trigger is not an option I have.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
01-24-2002, 09:18 PM
magsRus
....How do you like your NW Drop Foward im concidering getting one instead of my Kapp you like it? Pros/Cons

Mega Man
01-24-2002, 09:24 PM
magsRus, sweet gun, LOVE the sticker, I find alot of high performance elctros have stickers on them.

Phil
01-25-2002, 12:33 AM
My main gun is an E-Mag which just happened to be broken the week before last. I used a buddies 32* impulse who was away on guard drill. I really fell in love with the impulse. I am waiting on my next bonus check to buy one. I am buying a stock imp with the verticle regulator. I have another friend who has a 32* imp and he put in a delrin bolt and a nice after market adjustable trigger. MAN his gun shoots like a dream. The anti-chop eye is a waste of money in my opinion. Unless you have a bionic trigger finger you are not going to out shoot a revvy. If you do have a bionic finger you can always get a HALO. The red imp in the picture has the verticle regulator. It looks much nicer in my opinion than having a bulky regulator beneath your grip frame.

magsRus
01-25-2002, 10:33 AM
The Drop is awesome but the only thing I found that sucks is that I have a 68/4500 with an extreme rage tank cover on it and its a really tight squeeze between the drop and the tank. If you get a thinner tank cover like a RASE you will be fine, but besides that its awesome

yeah i love my sticker!

Tim Jacobitz
01-25-2002, 10:38 AM
untill you pull the trigger on an freak impulse you just can't imangine how lite a trigger can be. I use a rechoit loader and out shoot it like it wasn't nothing. even with a huge high rise. AND THE ANTI CHOP EYE IS WORTH IT. At least with the freak it is.

Phil
01-25-2002, 11:43 AM
The ricochet feeds slower than a revvy. You wont out shoot a halo. You pay $150 for anti-chop. You can put something like the eclipse aftermarket trigger on the stock impulse add a delrin bolt and save a ton of money vs on of the saleen impulses while significantly improving the guns performance.

Tim Jacobitz
01-25-2002, 11:58 AM
I have ordered a halo for both my mag and my ff impulse. I am eagerly awaiting there arivel. I hope the halo will feed fast enough to use a smaller high rise on my impulse. Some day I plan to put a warp feed on it. I am not in to big of a hurry though, because I hardly use it.